Rate My Build (Straw Poll)

I'm new to the whole PC building thing, and I am here to learn just like others, so take these questions/comments with a grain of salt lol, but a few questions. Why 32gb of ram instead of 16? Also, why a 1070ti instead of a 2070 or 2070 super with the pricing now that might make more sense (I was able to get my EVGA 2070 XC Ultra for like 100 off since 2070 supers started coming out a week before). Also, why not get an M.2 drive instead of the MX500 sata (2.5 inch drive). M.2 form factor would mean less wires to deal with and manage at the tail end of the build? And for about the same price lol, or less even with the one I linked. I am running and Inland Professional (Micro center house brand) and have absolutely no issues with it. Granted I am also running the 1tb version of the MX500 in the M.2 form factor and also love that (sata M.2).

My First (Current) Build:

Ryzen 7 2700 (3.90 1.35v OC) | Asus Prime X470 Pro | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3200 | Inland Professional 512gb M.2 NVME | Samsung 860 Evo Sata M.2 1TB | Corsair H115i Platinum | Corsair ML 140 RGB Fans | Fractal Design Meshify C | EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 13t Gem Cut (i7 8565u, 240gb, 8gb mem)

My Ride:

2015 VW Golf TDI Sportwagen

Eventually an XJ manual...

1 minute ago, ProfBrown said:

I'm new to the whole PC building thing, and I am here to learn just like others, so take these questions/comments with a grain of salt lol, but a few questions. Why 32gb of ram instead of 16? Also, why a 1070ti instead of a 2070 or 2070 super with the pricing now that might make more sense (I was able to get my EVGA 2070 XC Ultra for like 100 off since 2070 supers started coming out a week before). Also, why not get an M.2 drive instead of the MX500 sata (2.5 inch drive). M.2 form factor would mean less wires to deal with and manage at the tail end of the build? And for about the same price lol, or less even with the one I linked. I am running and Inland Professional (Micro center house brand) and have absolutely no issues with it. Granted I am also running the 1tb version of the MX500 in the M.2 form factor and also love that (sata M.2).

@ProfBrownWell I chose 32GB of ram because I do a lot of video editing, rendering, and after-effects. And at the time of last year (When I bought the build, right before Christmas time) It seemed to me the GTX 1070ti was the best choice, in the next year or so I am thinking of upgrading to an RTX 2080ti. To the response of the M.2... Well, I didn't think of that until I bought the build. So, yea. We might also buy one for more games and better scrubbing in video editing.

I thought you wanted us to rate your build and not your parts list? ;) 

1 minute ago, BadGuyNick said:

@ProfBrownWell I chose 32GB of ram because I do a lot of video editing, rendering, and after-effects. And at the time of last year (When I bought the build, right before Christmas time) It seemed to me the GTX 1070ti was the best choice, in the next year or so I am thinking of upgrading to an RTX 2080ti. To the response of the M.2... Well, I didn't think of that until I bought the build. So, yea. We might also buy one for more games and better scrubbing in video editing.

Thanks for not jumping down my thoat lol! I assumed you had a work load like that, so I just wanted to ask.

1 minute ago, Senzelian said:

I thought you wanted us to rate your build and not your parts list? ;) 

Also, my bad, jumped on the wrong thinking train lol!

My First (Current) Build:

Ryzen 7 2700 (3.90 1.35v OC) | Asus Prime X470 Pro | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16gb 3200 | Inland Professional 512gb M.2 NVME | Samsung 860 Evo Sata M.2 1TB | Corsair H115i Platinum | Corsair ML 140 RGB Fans | Fractal Design Meshify C | EVGA RTX 2070 XC Ultra

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 13t Gem Cut (i7 8565u, 240gb, 8gb mem)

My Ride:

2015 VW Golf TDI Sportwagen

Eventually an XJ manual...

Here is what i think:

The good:

1.The 1070 Ti has good price/performance.

2.The Crucial MX500 is cheap and has DRAM cache.

The Bad:

1.Liquid coolers need maintenance and always have the risk of a leak,Air coolers such as the Noctua NH-D15 are cheaper and better than most AIOs.

2.I hate Seagate drives,their consumer drives are less reliable than any other HDD brands.

My favourites are Toshiba and Western Digital (Don't buy their green drives).

3.The case has very bad airflow,for maximum airflow i had suggest a case with front mesh with 3 mountable fans in the front.

A PC Enthusiast since 2011
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X@4.65GHz | GIGABYTE GTX 1660 GAMING OC @ Core 2085MHz Memory 5000MHz
Cinebench R23: 15669cb | Unigine Superposition 1080p Extreme: 3566