i had 2 really slow ssd's so i did this

Mattsk

i was looking around on intel's site for drivers for windows 7 cause windows 10 was being slow and i wanted to switch back to windows 7 and i found out my intel board supports raid

so i took my 2 slow ssd's a

kingston a400 120gb normally on cdm it was getting around 430mb/s

ADATA SP580 120gb normally on cdm it was getting around 480mb/s

so i put those in raid 0 and installed windows 7 now it's getting around 900mb/s best choice i have ever made

windows is so speedy now its crazy 

So you basically ignored everyone who told you that Windows 7 was a bad idea and did it anyway because it wasn't what you wanted to hear?

Any fresh install of Windows anything is going to be snappy.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Lurick said:

So you basically ignored everyone who told you that Windows 7 was a bad idea and did it anyway because it wasn't what you wanted to hear?

Any fresh install of Windows anything is going to be snappy.

windows 10 is garbage 

i'd rather be prone to virus's then use windows 10 

Just now, Mattsk said:

windows 10 is garbage 

Haha, well enjoy when your RAID 0 craps out and you lose all your data too ;)

I've used Windows 10 since day 1 and had ZERO issues across numerous computers.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

1 minute ago, Mattsk said:

windows 10 is garbage 

Well I wouldn't call it garbage, but I don't like it either. Especially how they've destroyed the whole control panel/settings structure and are trying to make the OS more suited for touch screen displays with all these weird big buttons and such. 

i dont know how windows can cause my raid to break but i call bull and i don't care if i lose my data i have 5 hard drives in my pc

Just now, akio123008 said:

Well I wouldn't call it garbage, but I don't like it either. Especially how they've destroyed the whole control panel/settings structure and are trying to make the OS more suited for touch screen displays with all these weird big buttons and such. 

If windows 10 was like 7 same performance and a slight better design and no spying i would use it

Just now, Mattsk said:

i dont know how windows can cause my raid to break but i call bull and i don't care if i lose my data i have 5 hard drives in my pc

One SSD fails and your data is gone. That's how RAID 0 works, there is no redundancy.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

One SSD fails and your data is gone. That's how RAID 0 works, there is no redundancy.

why would my ssd they are almost brand new 

Just now, Mattsk said:

why would my ssd they are almost brand new 

shit happens. i had a mobo fail and as a result killed one drive. boom all data gone. 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

and i don't have my hard drives in raid i have my ssd's raid so no i won't lose much if anything important at all 

So you raided two ssd's (one with no Dram) and managed to get almost double the read speed and claim windows 7 is better?

No.  Apart from the fact that the difference in speed between the OS's is only measurable with software benchmarks (humans can't really observe a second or two in boot times as they are to infrequent and not side by side), you haven't accounted for fresh install and raid being better.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, mr moose said:

So you raided two ssd's (one with no Dram) and managed to get almost double the read speed and claim windows 7 is better?

No.  Apart from the fact that the difference in speed between the OS's is only measurable with software benchmarks (humans can't really observe a second or two in boot times as they are to infrequent and not side by side), you haven't accounted for fresh install and raid being better.

it doesn't matter if it was  fresh install or not because the windows 10 install i had was only there for a week and the speeds are double boot times are better 

Just now, Lurick said:

Basically RAID 0 doubles the chance of drive failure compared to a single drive setup, but that does mean the actual chance of the array failing is still very small. I mean, I've owned quite a few hdds/ssds and I've never had one fail on me. Especially if important data isn't on the array anyway I wouldn't worry about it and enjoy your 900 megs a second.

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

and windows 7 is better a lot of people think that and there is a good reason 

Windows 10 is trash the only good thing about windows 10 is DX12

Just now, Mattsk said:

and i don't have my hard drives in raid i have my ssd's raid so no i won't lose much if anything important at all 

Well come back in 6 months and tell us all about how great your install is when you've finished installing everything that was on Windows 10 back onto your Windows 7 install and clutter starts to build up. You came here for advice, we gave it to you, numerous people said it was a horrible idea, you ignored everyone and did it anyway and then created a pointless thread trying to show how "epic" you were.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Caroline said:

If you have two wires with 115V each and decide to join them, would you have a single wire outputting 230V? 

Of course not. The same concept applies here.

You're just tricking the benchmark, in real life scenarios there won't be any noticeable difference in performance, also you won't "get viruses" because Windows 7 support is over, if you're careful enough of course.

i don't download stuff like that and the speeds are way better with raid i switched from the sp580 i had in here before i cause i got a new ssd and that one was worse so i put both together and did raid

Just now, Mattsk said:

it doesn't matter if it was  fresh install or not because the windows 10 install i had was only there for a week and the speeds are double boot times are better 

It doesn't work that way.   If you fix speed issues on an OS that has other stuff installed with a change in hardware you are not comparing the OS's, you are only showing what raid can do versus a single ssd with no dram. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Just now, Lurick said:

Well come back in 6 months and tell us all about how great your install is when you've finished installing everything that was on Windows 10 back onto your Windows 7 install and clutter starts to build up. You came here for advice, we gave it to you, numerous people said it was a horrible idea, you ignored everyone and did it anyway and then created a pointless thread trying to show how "epic" you were.

oh no need to everything was on windows 10 is installed on 7 so you make no sense

Just now, Mattsk said:

If windows 10 was like 7 same performance and a slight better design and no spying i would use it

I do find it slightly amusing that you have an issue with Microsoft "spying" on you, but don't have an issue with open security vulnerabilities that would let a user or organisation with more malicious intentions do the same, or worse. 

I like W7 as well, but it's nearing end of support, so I would advise moving to W10 and accepting that it's here to stay. 

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

I agree with him to some extent with W10. I enjoy it from a daily use point of view, but there's quite a few areas where it is infuriating. What's even worse is that those issues are also present in Server 2016. For me, it's mostly the parts where MS has taken away control from the user. While it does make it "easier" for your average user, for power users and particularly server administrators, it's annoying at best and breaks entire production environments at worst. 

2 minutes ago, Mattsk said:

and windows 7 is better a lot of people think that and there is a good reason 

Windows 10 is trash the only good thing about windows 10 is DX12

The only people that think 10 is trash are wannabe forum nubs who think it's cool to say shit like that.  Most people in the industry don't say anything of the sort and follow the benchmarks and tested processes.

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

I agree with him to some extent with W10. I enjoy it from a daily use point of view, but there's quite a few areas where it is infuriating. What's even worse is that those issues are also present in Server 2016. For me, it's mostly the parts where MS has taken away control from the user. While it does make it "easier" for your average user, for power users and particularly server administrators, it's annoying at best and breaks entire production environments at worst. 

I'll agree there are some things I take issue with what Microsoft did, like splitting up the control panel, it's annoying, but not game breaking imo. It's definitely annoying though :) Server 2016 and 2019 definitely have some issues with them though from an admin level

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, mr moose said:

The only people that think 10 is trash are wannabe forum nubs who think it's cool to say shit like that.  Most people in the industry don't say anything of the sort and follow the benchmarks and tested processes.

Well i did benchmarks and tested it GPU

CPU

SSD

and its all better 

windows 7 is better then 10

Just now, akio123008 said:

Basically RAID 0 doubles the chance of drive failure compared to a single drive setup, but that does mean the actual chance of the array failing is still very small. I mean, I've owned quite a few hdds/ssds and I've never had one fail on me. Especially if important data isn't on the array anyway I wouldn't worry about it and enjoy your 900 megs a second.

RAID 0 doesn't double the chance of drive failure. 

It theoretically doubles the chance of data loss (without factoring in things like the increased chance of corruption and issues that come with any type of RAID). I despise RAID 0 in most cases, but it does have its uses. 

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I do find it slightly amusing that you have an issue with Microsoft "spying" on you, but don't have an issue with open security vulnerabilities that would let a user or organisation with more malicious intentions do the same, or worse. 

I like W7 as well, but it's nearing end of support, so I would advise moving to W10 and accepting that it's here to stay. 

But his claims are that windows 7 is faster.  that is not true.  I also hate the new menu layouts, but UI is not he same as performance.