Best affordable backup solution for high-volume workload

I am wondering what the best affordable backup solution would be for use with high volumes of data. I work as an architect/Vfx artist which means I create a lot of large files in 3D software and adobe programs. I need a solution for backing up all of my work so I can offload from my desktop and keep files safe. Would the best solution be a high capacity external drive or something like an NAS drive?  

21 hours ago, Chrober24 said:

I am wondering what the best affordable backup solution would be for use with high volumes of data. I work as an architect/Vfx artist which means I create a lot of large files in 3D software and adobe programs. I need a solution for backing up all of my work so I can offload from my desktop and keep files safe. Would the best solution be a high capacity external drive or something like an NAS drive?  

For my video editing project backups, I threw a WD 4TB Black Drive into a cheap enclosure. The file sizes I work with aren't that big, so 4TB is plenty for me. My old boss who worked heavily in after effects used this NAS, though he did say it would act up on occasion.