Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zvoid

How fast is it really ???

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

So basically i got a 3400g and was wondering what kinda gpu its vega 11 graphics has similar performance too, a card from amd and nvidea would be appreciated. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Zvoid said:

So basically i got a 3400g and was wondering what kinda gpu its vega 11 graphics has similar performance too, a card from amd and nvidea would be appreciated. 

It's like a GT 1030 or so

 

Just to add to this, it's around 10-30% slower than a 1030 depending on clocks and ram speed.


My Folding Stats

 

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates
 

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

 

  • CPU
    Ryzen 7 1700 3GHz 8-Core Processor @ 3.7Ghz
  • Motherboard
    GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    DOMINATOR Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) @ 3400mhz
  • GPU
    EVGA GTX 1080ti SC2 Hybrid, Aorus GTC 1080 Waterforce
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    BenQ - XL2430(144hz), Dell 24" portrait
  • Cooling
    Wraith Spire LED
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Considering its specs and some benchmarks I've found, it's worse than the RX 540 and GT 1030.

With good memory speed it ought to be able to catch up to the RX 540. APUs are very memory-bottlenecked, at least the better ones like the Vega 11.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

With good memory speed it ought to be able to catch up to the RX 540. APUs are very memory-bottlenecked, at least the better ones like the Vega 11.

I have a 2x8 3200 kit that i plan on getting to about 3600 or higher

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Considering its specs and some benchmarks I've found, it's worse than the RX 540 and GT 1030.

Is it a small margin, one that could be closed by some HEAVY overclocking ??? Or am i better just throwing in a gt1030 i have lying around

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zvoid said:

I have a 2x8 3200 kit that i plan on getting to about 3600 or higher

 

That would provide 57.6 GB/s of memory bandwidth.

 

The RX 540 has 96 GB/s of memory bandwidth.

 

On the other hand, the Vega 11 GPU itself is more powerful than the RX 540, so it's a tradeoff. Faster in some ways, slower in others.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Mira Yurizaki said:

If you want to avoid spending money, use the GT 1030 assuming it's the GDDR5 version.

what i meant is that i have a gt1030 but i also have a beefy cooler (dark rock pro 4 with an extra fan) so overclocking was always on the table for me

 

 

This is my 1030 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-GeForce-1030-Low-Profile/dp/B0719CR59P/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3E1TLVYPBLYSQ&keywords=gt+1030&qid=1566761691&s=gateway&sprefix=gt+10%2Caps%2C171&sr=8-3

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Sakkura said:

the Vega 11 chip itself is more powerful than the RX 540, so it's a tradeoff. Faster in some ways, slower in others.

What ways do you mean, i will be using this system for the whole shabam, gaming, recording, editing, 3d modelling*, streaming and a few other things. Also do you think that a 550 would be a worthwhile upgrade  or am i better off saving for a 5700/xt later down the line

 

 

*if i take it in 5 months 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Zvoid said:

What ways do you mean, i will be using this system for the whole shabam, gaming, recording, editing, 3d modelling*, streaming and a few other things. Also do you think that a 550 would be a worthwhile upgrade  or am i better off saving for a 5700/xt later down the line

 

 

*if i take it in 5 months  

No a 550 would not be a worthwhile upgrade over the Vega 11 graphics. You'd need at least an RX 570 to make it worth spending money on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Zvoid said:

what i meant is that i have a gt1030 but i also have a beefy cooler (dark rock pro 4 with an extra fan) so overclocking was always on the table for me

 

This is my 1030 - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-GeForce-1030-Low-Profile/dp/B0719CR59P/ref=sr_1_3?crid=3E1TLVYPBLYSQ&keywords=gt+1030&qid=1566761691&s=gateway&sprefix=gt+10%2Caps%2C171&sr=8-3

Actually upon further investigation, I rescind that I said Vega 11 is worse than the GT 1030. Vega 11 appears to beat the GT 1030 in most cases as long as Vega 11 has 2GB allocated to it and is running at least DDR4-2933

 

7 minutes ago, Zvoid said:

What ways do you mean, i will be using this system for the whole shabam, gaming, recording, editing, 3d modelling*, streaming and a few other things. Also do you think that a 550 would be a worthwhile upgrade  or am i better off saving for a 5700/xt later down the line

Also agree with what @Sakkura said. If you're going to buy a video card, it's almost never worth it to buy something below the $150 price range unless you absolutely needed something yesterday and you have nothing else to work with.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Actually upon further investigation, I rescind that I said Vega 11 is worse than the GT 1030. Vega 11 appears to beat the GT 1030 in most cases as long as Vega 11 has 2GB allocated to it and is running at least DDR4-2933

 

Also agree with what @Sakkura said. If you're going to buy a video card, it's almost never worth it to buy something below the $150 price range unless you absolutely needed something yesterday and you have nothing else to work with.

if i can i will most likely allocate 4-6gb of 3600 to it and yeah

Link to post
Share on other sites

-> Moved to Graphics Cards


^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

Considering its specs and some benchmarks I've found, it's worse than the RX 540 and GT 1030.

It has identical Vega cores to the Vega 56 and 64... If you set the clock speed to match those cards, (1575-1600MHz) use decent fast RAM, (16GB 3200 CL16 or better) and use an aftermarket cooler, (the GAMMAXX 400 is only $25, and beats out the CM212 series) you can get on-par with a 1050.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×