An RTX 2080 in a MONITOR?!

"The COLORFUL iGame G-One All-in-One PC is expected to to have an MSRP of around $5000."

No thanks. (Source)

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

Plus, why not use a socketed CPU and MXM graphic card? 35W i9 9900T and 2080 in MXM form factor are a thing nowadays. Once a soldered AIO becomes obsolete, there's no way to upgrade it any way, aside from using it as a monitor.

And while you are at it, why not create a Quadro variant of such thing? That would definitely blow iMac Pro out of the water!

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

Discussion of the merch or any other part of the video is allowed, but please refrain from All Caps / Strong Language.

Thread cleaned.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 hours ago, SkyHound0202 said:

"The COLORFUL iGame G-One All-in-One PC is expected to to have an MSRP of around $5000."

No thanks. (Source)

Yikes, that pricing is on par with the iMac Pro...

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

These things just become throwaways after one thing breaks, be it the display, fan bearings or when you get to a point where the inability to upgrade one component renders the whole thing obsolete.

At least on a proper desktop you can still break it down into off-the-shelf components.

I think a better approach for all-in-one PC's to remain viable options is to use components that can be user replaced. ITX motherboards with socketed CPU/RAM, 120mm fans and desktop graphics cards is what I would be looking into. Cables will rarely fail so something like a PCIe extender shouldn't be a problem. Having a thin profile becomes totally irrelevant at that stage because you're focusing on function over form. An extra inch in thickness can fit a lot of hardware when you spread that across the area of a large monitor.

And if you do want a thin monitor an all-in-one is probably NOT what you need to be shopping for.

You could probably even take it a step further and design a chassis that attaches to the back of any monitor with a VESA mount. Make it the same thickness as a SFX PSU, stuff a ITX system inside with regular components and use a VESA mount on the back to attach to a rigid stand. Now you have your own DIY all-in-one that can be paired with ANY monitor out there.

Two sponsored videos in a row?  Not on friday?

Resident Mozilla Shill.   Typed on my Ortholinear JJ40 custom keyboard
               __     I am the ASCIIDino.
              / _)
     _.----._/ /      If you can see me you 
    /         /       must put me in your 
 __/ (  | (  |        signature for 24 hours.
/__.-'|_|--|_|        

When Linus says "The price is not known", I trust him.

When he doesnt adress the price at all, something is off.

Because the price is kinda even more important than everything else.

Interesting machine, but if that 5k$-statement is true its almost a scam.

46 minutes ago, Salzstangl said:

When Linus says "The price is not known", I trust him.

When he doesnt adress the price at all, something is off.

Because the price is kinda even more important than everything else.

Interesting machine, but if that 5k$-statement is true its almost a scam.

Custom board. It's probably a really small run on custom board/firmware/bios etc, all to fit it on a laptop style system in a monitor. If it was from someone who already makes laptops, they could just repurpose the board, and butcher it into a monitor.

But as is, it will be very expensive to design/build.

32 minutes ago, TechyBen said:

Custom board. It's probably a really small run on custom board/firmware/bios etc, all to fit it on a laptop style system in a monitor. If it was from someone who already makes laptops, they could just repurpose the board, and butcher it into a monitor.

But as is, it will be very expensive to design/build.

I dont know enough, especially about the monitors value, to say for sure if its overpriced.

Im curious though why price/performance wasnt adressed in the video.

not much video in this, a commercial, a simple test of performance, opening and looking at it for a few secs.. and that was it.

kinda disappointing. although binding something to a monitor, does not seem to be a really smart move, it would be nice, to be able to buy something like that as a package solution.

The link provided in the description takes you to the Colorful website.  But NO WHERE on that website can you find this all in one computer.  Did no one from LMG not check their own link to make sure that the product you are featuring is being led to with the hyperlink?  It is very frustrating when you want to find out more about a product and your own link goes nowhere.  What was the point of the sponsorship then?

I might be interested in somethign liek this but lower specs.. liek a cheaper model with a GTX 1660ti or rtx 2060 and a lower chip liek intel or AMD as a all in one screen hopefully versa mountable unit to mount in my kitchen with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse. pull up recipes and such like a tabelt but maybe liek jump on a quick 5-10 min game while letting dough rise in the proofer.