Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
arnekick

First time building a pc i would like some feedback on my parts.

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

1. Budget & Location

2000-2500 euro | Belgium

2. Aim

High end gaming vr

3. Monitors

2x monitors 1440p 144hz 1ms

4. Peripherals

My monitors,keyboard,mouse etc do not need to be included in here

5. Why are you upgrading?

My old computer is getting really old and i saved up for a new one. I also really would like to try and build the pc myself.

 

 

I would really like some feedback from someone more experienced and maybe some ideas. Thanks in advance for reading

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

You open to a Ryzen build ?

 

 

Yeah sure but performance wise it has to perform better or equal compared to the 9900K.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, arnekick said:

Yeah sure but performance wise it has to perform better or equal compared to the 9900K.

Not going to be a huge difference at 1440p but you get more for your money with Ryzen. 

 

Which EU Country are you in ?


Winter is Coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, lee32uk said:

Not going to be a huge difference at 1440p but you get more for your money with Ryzen. 

 

Which EU Country are you in ?

Belgium

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ryzen spec for you to look at using the Belgium option.

 

The gpu is a tough one as you have the 2070 Super which is cheaper and isn't that far off the 2080, and then you have the 2080 Super which isn't that much faster than the 2080. If you want to save a bit of cash then go with the 2070 Super.

 

You would also be fine with 16GB ram if just gaming, but your choice on that. I didn't add a case as you didn't have one in your list.

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€369.00 @ Paradigit) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€124.85 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€295.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€203.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€123.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda Pro 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€189.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (€774.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€109.00 @ Paradigit) 
Total: €2191.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-25 21:44 CEST+0200


Winter is Coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

Ryzen spec for you to look at using the Belgium option.

 

The gpu is a tough one as you have the 2070 Super which is cheaper and isn't that far off the 2080, and then you have the 2080 Super which isn't that much faster than the 2080. If you want to save a bit of cash then go with the 2070 Super.

 

You would also be fine with 16GB ram if just gaming, but your choice on that. I didn't add a case as you didn't have one in your list.

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€369.00 @ Paradigit) 
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R RGB 66.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€124.85 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€295.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€203.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€123.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda Pro 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€189.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (€774.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€109.00 @ Paradigit) 
Total: €2191.48
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-25 21:44 CEST+0200

Ok thank you very much i will look it over is 650 PSU enough?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Generated from PCPartpicker Belgium

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€444.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i PRO 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€119.00 @ Paradigit) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€153.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€203.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€129.00 @ Paradigit) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€108.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB XC GAMING Video Card  (€882.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  (€89.99 @ Paradigit) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€109.00 @ Paradigit) 
Total: €2241.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-25 21:54 CEST+0200

 

1. The Ryzen 7 3800X can go head to head with the i9 9900K offers much better price/performance. (both Overclocked)

 

2. No need to get the fastest SSD in the world. An Intel SSD 6 would do similar in games. These high end SSDs are only beneficial when you are working with huge files sizes. Not going to give you significantly faster game loads than cheaper ones.

 

3. You can get a 2080 Ti for that budget. But even a 2080 Super is considered overkill for 1440p maxed and will save alot of money.

 

4. 750W is simply overkill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
6 minutes ago, Blind X said:

Generated from PCPartpicker Belgiulm

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 3.9 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€444.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i PRO 75 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€119.00 @ Paradigit) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€153.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory  (€203.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (€129.00 @ Paradigit) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€108.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8 GB XC GAMING Video Card  (€882.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Case: Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case  (€89.99 @ Paradigit) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€109.00 @ Paradigit) 
Total: €2241.56
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-25 21:54 CEST+0200

 

1. The Ryzen 7 3800X can go head to head with the i9 9900K offers much better price/performance. (both Overclocked)

 

2. No need to get the fastest SSD in the world. An Intel SSD 6 would do similar in games. These high end SSDs are only beneficial when you are working with huge files sizes. Not going to give you significantly faster game loads than cheaper ones.

 

3. You can get a 2080 Ti for that budget. But even a 2080 Super is considered overkill for 1440p maxed and will aave alot of bucks.

 

4. 750W is simply overkill.

Thank you for the response this is very helpfull

Link to post
Share on other sites

You could fit a 2080 ti into this budget if you don't mind a few changes.

 

No price for the board but it is 120 Euros on the German option so should be similar in Belgium.

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€369.00 @ Paradigit) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler  (€38.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€120.00) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€173.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€123.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda Pro 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€189.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Black Video Card  (€1250.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€109.00 @ Paradigit) 
Total: €2375.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-25 22:13 CEST+0200


Winter is Coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
12 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

You could fit a 2080 ti into this budget if you don't mind a few changes.

 

No price for the board but it is 120 Euros on the German option so should be similar in Belgium.

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor  (€369.00 @ Paradigit) 
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler  (€38.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Motherboard: MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard  (€120.00) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (€173.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Storage: Crucial MX500 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (€123.89 @ Alternate Belgium) 
Storage: Seagate BarraCuda Pro 4 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (€189.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB Black Video Card  (€1250.95 @ Bytes At Work) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMx (2018) 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€109.00 @ Paradigit) 
Total: €2375.63
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-08-25 22:13 CEST+0200

What is wrong with the 150i that i put in originally? Or is it just overpriced

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, arnekick said:

What is wrong with the 150i that i put in originally? Or is it just overpriced

The H150i is fine but as with most Corsair stuff it costs a bit more than the competition. The CoolerMaster one I put in the 1st build is 50 Euros cheaper for example for the same size radiator (360mm).


Winter is Coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Buy VPN

×