yet another school laptop

ok so i was thinking to get a surface go with keyboard and pen for school until i saw this Lenovo page, specifically the AMD version. now my problem with surface go is its ram. i already have a workstation laptop that i use daily, this was supposed to be complimentary for note-taking and some light tasks, occasionally some photoshop work. the problem with my current laptop is it sounds like a jet engine so i don't want to take it out for light tasks unless i really need it. 

now on amazon, $673 total for surface go and lenovo website $ 679. so now I'm stuck between the decision of Lenovo for more performance per dollar or surface go. And Lenovo is sort of upgradable but only one dimm and that will mess with the dual-channel for ryzen. so if there are other suggestions im all ears. my max budget is 6-800, and its only for my non CS classes mostly.

so help me guys, im usually the guy that advices people for what laptop to buy, yet now im stuck.

Both devices are bad options. Get a business class device. Lenovo ThinkPad, Dell Latitude or HP EliteBook. They are Far far more durable, reliable and higher quality than the cheap commodity Flex or Surface products. Business laptops have water resistance, shock absorption systems, magnesium drive cages and much more advanced security features. Some high end ones can even withstand being run over by a car or shot with 9mm rounds. 

dude I'm not going to war its university. i want the pen for note-taking like a tablet, or 2 in 1 or something. ThinkPad yoga x1 is 1300 USD. i want it 6-800$ USD range. and as i said i already have a workstation. now with that said i found this on sale but i dont know.

Don't get Surface unless you really need a tablet with good battery life

Any preferences on weight, battery life and display size?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128