Asus GL502V won't turn on

ApexSutton31
Go to solution Solved by 5x5,

Does it work on an external display? If yes, either the cable, display or motherboard is damaged.. If not, the board is having issues

Hello all,

I am having a problem with my laptop. Right as I'm needing it for school... Lol. I just recently fully recharged it back to full after a while of sitting. I then turned it on only to find that the screen never lit up and went to the home screen. I looked up something on Asus' website and went by what they said to do. I took the battery out and plugged the laptop back in and then powered it back on. That did nothing to help. Still shows the power light on, but the screen never turns on. I then reinstalled the battery and tried to turn in on again. Still nothing happened with the screen. Every time I try the power light saying that it's properly powered on lights up, but nothing ever shows up on the screen. I let it sit for about 15 minutes at one time and it still did nothing. Just looking for further suggestions since it's obviously not the battery that's the issue. Thank you in advance! 

Sorry, forgot a few things. Running Windows 10 (The update right before the most current on, since I was trying to power on to update anyway). With a GTX 970M GPU. Can't remember the CPU off my head, but it should be round that same ear as the GPU I would assume.

Does it work on an external display? If yes, either the cable, display or motherboard is damaged.. If not, the board is having issues

I'm dumb. Didn't even think about that. Have two monitors for my home desktop. I'll try that now and let you know. Thanks

9 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Okay. So I just tried it and nothing happened. The CAPS lock light on the button itself and both the power buttons are on constantly, but nothing shows on either screen. The normal or the monitor from my desktop. So that just means something inside is damaged right?

1 hour ago, ApexSutton31 said:

Okay. So I just tried it and nothing happened. The CAPS lock light on the button itself and both the power buttons are on constantly, but nothing shows on either screen. The normal or the monitor from my desktop. So that just means something inside is damaged right?

Board damage, yes.