Singapore’s government will give every citizen a free Fitbitc, with a catch

Flying Sausages
8 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

People still buy iPhones and the only thing unique about them is iOS and the antiquated, slow, and proprietary Lighting port.

iPhones aren't *garbage* per say, but they're hella overpriced.

theyre just as powerful as all other flagships from when its released so overpriced for markups, but trends say otherwise

✨FNIGE✨

Or you know, be fit yourself so you don't need one.

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

On 8/25/2019 at 1:43 PM, Trik'Stari said:

Indeed.

We've already got political parties, or members of a specific political parties, committing acts of violence and making threats to journalists, for speaking to their opposition.

Sad times we live in. I'm curious as to what Singapore has planned for this data. Can't fitbits be used as a GPS tracker?

All fitness trackers that integrate with a smartphone are also "GPS-enabled" but only the high end fitbit models (Versa, not Charge) actually have GPS in them. The Charge models, if you have your phone with you, will track GPS data, but only if you tell it to first (by saying you're going for a workout. It otherwise doesn't appear to log anything.)

On 8/25/2019 at 10:22 AM, yolosnail said:

Why do people still buy Fitbits?

They are immensely overpriced for what they are.

I much prefer my Xiaomi Mi Band 3 and it was only £15

Why do people prefer coke or pepsi. I'm sure the store brands are also a sugar-water drink.

Most, if not all the fitness trackers are just snake oil, and tend to push people away from healthier lifestyles because they then set their fitness regime by what the tracker says rather than say... "Hey I'll walk to work, sure it's 15 miles, but if I do it every day it won't feel like death."

If you're going to exercise, you leave the electronic distraction toys at home. The fitness tracker goes "10,000 steps, you're done, go home" when you feel like you can do 10,000 more. An iPhone or iPod touch is far too large of device to workout with. You want the iPod Shuffle or iPod Nano for these, and they were both discontinued in 2017.

Ok my reaction of this depends on whether when you sign up for this there very clearly saying "This device will give all data on it to the government", if they even remotely play it down, or hide it, then I think that is so wrong.