Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dbabalola21

Best android phone for 500 USD or less?

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm looking to get a new android smartphone before college starts and I think this is about the max amount of money my parents are willing to pay. I've been leaning towards the Galaxy S9+ or A70 (I have pretty large hands) but I am open to any other suggestions, what should I ask for?

Google Pixel, the new Nokia phones.

Ryzen 5 1500X (2.8GHz@0.8875V) === ASRock B450 Gaming ITX/AC === 24GB DDR4 === Sapphire RX 570 4GB === Optane 800P 58GB === Patriot Burst 240GB === Toshiba Q300 240GB === beQuiet SFX Power 2 400W === Silverstone ML08B

Spoiler

OK, i'm not even gonna build this, but is this a good workstation?

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 860K 3.7GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($72.99 @ Amazon) 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($168.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-D3H Micro ATX FM2+ Motherboard  ($62.99 @ NCIX US) 
Memory: Samsung 32GB (1 x 32GB) DDR3-1866 Memory  ($256.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Storage: Hitachi Ultrastar He8 8TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($479.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 960 2GB SuperSC ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($179.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Lian-Li PC-V2130WX ATX Full Tower Case  ($499.99 @ Newegg) 
Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  ($23.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1745.91
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-02-09 12:48 EST-0500

1 hour ago, dbabalola21 said:

I'm looking to get a new android smartphone before college starts and I think this is about the max amount of money my parents are willing to pay. I've been leaning towards the Galaxy S9+ or A70 (I have pretty large hands) but I am open to any other suggestions, what should I ask for?

Definitely not something with only 4GB of RAM, 64GB of storage that cannot be expanded, and pathetic 3000mAh battery. Pixel 3a/XL I'm looking at you, you absolute travesty of a phone

Consider these if they are under $500 for you:

• Galaxy S9+
  • NOT the S9 without the +
  • Asus Zenfone 6
  • Razer phone 2
  • Oneplus 6T
  • Xiaomi K20 Pro or Mi 9T Pro

Awareness is key. Never enough, even in the face of futility. Speak the truth as if you may never get to say it again. This world is full of ugly. Change it they say. The only way is to reveal the ugly. To change the truth you must first acknowledge it. Never pretend it isn't there. Never bend the knee.

Please quote my post in your reply, so that I will be notified and can respond to it. Thanks.