Question To Xbox Players

Why do gamers choose Xbox as their console? I'm just asking this question out of curiosity since I used to have a PS4 and not an Xbox.

Is it the UI on the Xbox or the hardware or anything else?

1 minute ago, CYapTiti said:

Why do gamers choose Xbox as their console? I'm just asking this question out of curiosity since I used to have a PS4 and not an Xbox.

My friends all had xbox. That's why I got one.

What are these for?

Some people choose a certain console over another because of the exclusive games that it has, other because of the consoles that their friends have and others just have personal preference.

6 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Some people choose a certain console over another because of the exclusive games that it has, other because of the consoles that their friends have and others just have personal preference.

About that exclusive, are the exclusive games on the Xbox the same with PC?

I bought my 360 for read dead redemption, then I got forza4 and my whole life changed.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

2 minutes ago, CYapTiti said:

About that exclusive, are the exclusive games on the Xbox the same with PC?

Depends on where you buy the games from on PC, if you're using their own store then you can get most if not all of the games, like Halo series, Forza series, etc.

However, you won't find them in other launchers like steam or origin.

Having tried both PS3 and PS4 controller. There was no way i was gonna get used to that controller over the Xbox controller. The triggers simply were not for me, aswell as D-pad placement and joystick placement

Just for Halo, Forza,Gears of War and just dance

but if i see games that are cheaper on xbox than on ps4. ill get that version instead. 

There is no such thing as a bad PC, there are only BETTER PCs

Known brand, got Xbox as kid for Christmas 03 or 04, got a 360 in 08, and got a XB1 after they stopped the Kinect forced bundle, so I know what to expect from them more or less.
Doesn't mean I don't use other platforms, just have a bit of an experience bias with the Xbox when it comes to console though my PS4 just collects dust since we rarely use it.

Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI B550 Mag Tomahawk - Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro SL 3200 (4x8) - EVGA RTX2060 XC Gaming 12gig - Crucial P2 250gb nvme ssd (OS) - WD Blue 1tb sata hdd (general storage) - Seagate Barracuda 4tb sata hdd (games) - iBuypower Element Reflect

Mostly pick mine up on sale to use as a cheap 4K player.  Plus, doubles for Plex usage.  Then I have Game Pass, so I can sit there pick some games to download and play.  Plus, most of the former folks I played with are still playing on Xbox, so more friends still on it as well to game with (plus, with cross play, even bigger group to play with).

Though, I don't mind both Xbox and the Playstation controller.  I still prefer the Xbox One controller over the Playstation controller.  As I find it more comfortable to use.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

On 8/25/2019 at 8:24 AM, CYapTiti said:

I bought an Xbox One S as a gaming/HTPC for several reasons:

1. Exclusives - Halo series. I bought the Master Chief collection and it was worth every penny (Granted, this is now coming to PC)

2. Interface - while the PS4 interface isn't bad, both are functional, I just happen to prefer the UI of the Xbox.

3. Blu-Ray player - specifically, for future usage, I wanted a 4K UHD Blu-Ray player.

4. It just makes an excellent well-rounded Media Centre device.

5. Seriously prefer the Xbox controller over the DS design.

A PS4 would have been sufficient, but I would have to compromise on things like the ergonomics of the controller, and the lack of a 4K Blu-Ray player. And no Halo.

Ideally, I'd just get both.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 8/25/2019 at 7:45 AM, lewdicrous said:

you won't find them in other launchers like steam or origin.

That isn't true, Microsoft has released almost all of exclusives games on steam now.

1 hour ago, whatiswang said:

That isn't true, Microsoft has released almost all of exclusives games on steam now.

That's not entirely true - at least, not yet.

Gears 5 is available on Steam as a pre-order. None of the previous Gears titles are available. Forza isn't available. Halo MCC is on pre-order. Halo Wars 1, and some mobile ports (Halo Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike). Ryse Son of Rome is available.

You can see the trend? It's 50/50 at best, on Steam, with many titles still not even on there for pre-order yet. We can assume the missing titles are coming eventually, but it's an assumption none the less.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

That's not entirely true - at least, not yet.

Gears 5 is available on Steam as a pre-order. None of the previous Gears titles are available. Forza isn't available. Halo MCC is on pre-order. Halo Wars 1, and some mobile ports (Halo Spartan Assault and Spartan Strike). Ryse Son of Rome is available.

You can see the trend? It's 50/50 at best, on Steam, with many titles still not even on there for pre-order yet. We can assume the missing titles are coming eventually, but it's an assumption none the less.

I'll honestly be shocked if the Forza games make their way onto Steam. They're heavily intertwined with the Xbox services, especially the Forza Horizon games.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 hour ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'll honestly be shocked if the Forza games make their way onto Steam. They're heavily intertwined with the Xbox services, especially the Forza Horizon games.

Never say never - Microsoft has done stranger things before.

12 minutes ago, SnowWolf370 said:

The PlayStation can't do 4k to my knowledge.

Technically the PS4 Pro can. Most titles aren’t native 4K though, and use a checkerboard upscaling method that honestly works quite well. Though obviously not a true replacement for native 4K. 

No idea if Tomb Raider is upscaled or not. 

And while the GPU on the Xbox One X is noticeably (though not necessarily substantially) better than the one on the PS4 Pro, the One X does upscaling on some titles too. 

4 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

Never say never - Microsoft has done stranger things before.

I’ll hedge my bets on it not happening. Turn 10 (and Playground Games) are both heavily invested into the Xbox ecosystem even in terms of first-party devs. That being said, if Microsoft makes a large push for Steam releases soon, I could see Forza happening on Steam but as of now, I don’t see it.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

16 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I’ll hedge my bets on it not happening. Turn 10 (and Playground Games) are both heavily invested into the Xbox ecosystem even in terms of first-party devs. That being said, if Microsoft makes a large push for Steam releases soon, I could see Forza happening on Steam but as of now, I don’t see it.

Microsoft has stated all Microsoft Games Studios games that are made will be available on the PC as well through the windows store. Steam most likely not (kind of surprised Gears 5 is going to be on there) and then Halo also being on there is pretty awesome too but I don't see other games being on there.

Now I'm not sure if the forza dev's are owned by Microsoft to make them a ms games studio but if they are forza will be on the pc.

1 hour ago, TheRevTastic said:

Microsoft has stated all Microsoft Games Studios games that are made will be available on the PC as well through the windows store. Steam most likely not (kind of surprised Gears 5 is going to be on there) and then Halo also being on there is pretty awesome too but I don't see other games being on there.

Now I'm not sure if the forza dev's are owned by Microsoft to make them a ms games studio but if they are forza will be on the pc.

Turn 10 Studios (the devs who make Forza Motorsports series) are part of the Xbox Game Studios (formerly known as Microsoft Game Studios) - it looks like Microsoft owns them.

Playground Games (the devs who make Forza Horizon series) were acquired by Microsoft in 2018, and became part of Xbox Game Studios.

So yeah, basically Microsoft seems to fully own the Forza series.