Srlex

Okay so let me start off by listing my rig

G4560

2x4gb hyperx 2400mhz ddr4

Asus h110m-k

Sapphire pulse rx580 4gb

Raidmax cobra 500w psu

500gb wd caviar blue hdd

So last night i ran the amd drivers update and after like 3 hours i got an error saying the update did not finish completely. After a whole day of my pc giving me crap, i was just tired of it and decided to shut it down and deal with it in the morning.

So I tried booting up my pc but there was no signal on my monitor. Cpu,psu fans are spinning, gpu fans are not. It is set to turn on the fans upon reaching 40c but it doesn't do so even then.

I get no post, no nothing. The LED on my monitor just remains yellow instead of turning green and displaying the image. I can't get to bios and turn on the igpu so i could use DDU to wipe out corrupted update and do a fresh install.

Things that I've tried: removing gpu and connecting to igpu, clearing CMOS, switching RAM sticks, and pretty much everything I could find online.

Unfortunately I don't have a debug speaker.

Btw my hdd is the only part in my system that's kinda old and it has been giving me quite a lot of problems lately..it gets really hot and thermal throttles i guess, making my whole system really slow and laggy...sometimes upon booting i would get "disk read error, press ctrl alt delete to restart" and then it would eventually boot after like 15 mins.. I need to replace it, but could that be the culprit?

Anything else anybody can think of?

Any other information you might need?

reset the bios if you can find the jumper or clear CMOS button

1 minute ago, XHT_001 said:

If you don’t have jumper pin, use a screwdriver. You’ll find this in the manual to your mobo which 2 pins @Srlex

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

9 minutes ago, Srlex said:

disk read error, press ctrl alt delete to restart

ohhh boi you in trouble

Disconnect everything that's not essential - GPU, peripherals except keyboard and monitor, plug monitor into iGPU and try to force the computer to POST in safe mode

Try unplugging the drive and see if you at least can get to the BIOS.

If you have another computer around, try if the drive gets detected in it, download CrystalDiskInfo and post the readings, and BACK UP ALL YOUR IMPORTANT DATA.

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

2 minutes ago, XHT_001 said:

Tried it.. not with the jumper but still

1 minute ago, Srlex said:

Tried it.. not with the jumper but still

Proper clearing CMOs, or shorting the 2 pins should bring you back to stock Settings

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

6 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

If you don’t have jumper pin, use a screwdriver. You’ll find this in the manual to your mobo which 2 pins @Srlex

Can a knife do? Because my pc is not currently at my home but at this place where I study and i only have the essentials on me..and I've actually tried to do it with a knife but no result.

1 minute ago, Srlex said:

Can a knife do? Because my pc is not currently at my home but at this place where I study and i only have the essentials on me..and I've actually tried to do it with a knife but no result.

Uhm, i wouldn’t recommend using a knife, purely as I’ve never done it myself, or not ever seen it be done that way.

it might still work, but I’m not gonna recommend it because I don’t know if it will cause any damage.  

If you can find Screwdriver be great !

9 minutes ago, Mr.Humble said:

ohhh boi you in trouble

Disconnect everything that's not essential - GPU, peripherals except keyboard and monitor, plug monitor into iGPU and try to force the computer to POST in safe mode

Try unplugging the drive and see if you at least can get to the BIOS.

If you have another computer around, try if the drive gets detected in it, download CrystalDiskInfo and post the readings, and BACK UP ALL YOUR IMPORTANT DATA.

Still no post.. and here is a screenshot of crystaldiskinfo from like a month ago.. i know its not a full image but that is the only thig i have right now.  Btw I don't really care for data as it is mostly games because i recently installed a fresh win10 and only downloaded games since then

received_428022651316530.png

Did you try removing the little CMOS battery?

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

4 hours ago, Mr.Humble said:

Did you try removing the little CMOS battery?

Yea like 10 times

3 minutes ago, Srlex said:

Yea like 10 times

Have you considered sacrificing some kittens to our lord Satan?

The HUMBLE Computer:

4 hours ago, Mr.Humble said:

Have you considered sacrificing some kittens to our lord Satan?

Anything, just fix my pc

• 2 years later...
On 8/25/2019 at 3:05 PM, Srlex said:

Anything, just fix my pc

Did you ever find a solution to this problem?