Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GimmeGaming

Gamescom Experience

Posted · Original PosterOP

I went to Gamescom this year and I'm driving back in the car from it now. I found it really boring and poor overall mostly because of over crowding.

Also the lack of hygiene on some of the people that attended was unreal, especially as they seemed to have no concept of personal boundaries. I've never been anywhere with so many people that smelled like they never got a shower in their life.

If I go next year I will use press passes (company I work for develop software including some games related software so can get passes) as the amount of people seemed to be more manageable from looking at youtube videos from the first few days (you couldn't move on the Saturday as their where so many people).

I had to go on Saturday this time as I wanted to bring my son, otherwise I would have went on one of the other days.

Have others had a better, worse or similar experience?

My Corsair Machine: CPU: AMD Threadripper 1950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Little Devil V10 | MOBO: Asus Zenith Extreme RAM: 32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3200mhz ram | GPU: Nvidia Gtx 1080 PSU: Corsair AX1200 with custom white sleeved Cables  SSD's: 500gb Samsung 970 Pro & 960GB Intel SSD | Monitors: 34" Acer Predator | Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Logitech G610 | HEADSET: Logitech G933 Wireless Headset

| Pics of my rig |

12 minutes ago, GimmeGaming said:

Also the lack of hygiene on some of the people that attended was unreal, especially as they seemed to have no concept of personal boundaries. I've never been anywhere with so many people that smelled like they never got a shower in their life.

That is the problem with any big conventions sadly.

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

That is the problem with any big conventions sadly.

I was at Defcon in Vegas last year and never had a single compliant in that regard. As it was 45 degrees in Vegas you would expect it to be worse.

My Corsair Machine: CPU: AMD Threadripper 1950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Little Devil V10 | MOBO: Asus Zenith Extreme RAM: 32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3200mhz ram | GPU: Nvidia Gtx 1080 PSU: Corsair AX1200 with custom white sleeved Cables  SSD's: 500gb Samsung 970 Pro & 960GB Intel SSD | Monitors: 34" Acer Predator | Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Logitech G610 | HEADSET: Logitech G933 Wireless Headset

| Pics of my rig |

I hope if I ever bother going to E3 it wont be as bad as that.

| Pics of my rig |

6 minutes ago, GimmeGaming said:

If was at Defcon in Vegas last year and never had a single compliant in that regard. As it was 45 degrees in Vegas you would expect it to be worse.

Defcon attracts a very different crowd.

5 minutes ago, GimmeGaming said:

I hope if I ever bother going to E3 it wont be as bad as that.

It is also a "gaming" convention, so i don't know about that...

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with the exact same opinion regarding the hygiene. I had to wait in queues for 3-4 hours each and the smell was so horrible. Thursday wasn't so bad as I went in as soon as it opened and didn't wait for long. I mainly went for Hall 9 (Square Enix) to play the FF VII Remake and get the shirts from the FFXIV battle challenges (which was awesome btw). Otherwise, the rest are boring. You wait in a 5h+ queue at the Cyberpunk booth to watch a demo that you can't even play. 

NATSU

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700X 4.0Ghz@1.375V +  CPU Cooler: Kraken X62 + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero + Ram: T-Force 16 GB 3000 MHz RGB + Boot: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250GB SSD Storage: 2TB + 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM +  GPU: MSI Gaming X GTX 1080Ti +  PSU: Corsair TX750M Gold + Case: NZXT H500i/Additional Hue+

Corsair K70 Lux RGB CherryMX Red + Asus Gladius + Asus ROG Swift PG279Q