Gamescom Experience

GimmeGaming

I went to Gamescom this year and I'm driving back in the car from it now. I found it really boring and poor overall mostly because of over crowding.

Also the lack of hygiene on some of the people that attended was unreal, especially as they seemed to have no concept of personal boundaries. I've never been anywhere with so many people that smelled like they never got a shower in their life.

If I go next year I will use press passes (company I work for develop software including some games related software so can get passes) as the amount of people seemed to be more manageable from looking at youtube videos from the first few days (you couldn't move on the Saturday as their where so many people).

I had to go on Saturday this time as I wanted to bring my son, otherwise I would have went on one of the other days.

Have others had a better, worse or similar experience?

Gaming Machine: CPU: AMD 7950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Lian Li Dynamic Evo | MOBO: X670E Asus Crosshair Extreme RAM: 64B DDR4 G.Skill 6000mhz ram | GPU: AMD 7900 XTX PSU: Corsair RM1000x with cablemod cables SSD's: 2TB Seagate 530, 4TB Seagate 530, 1TB WD SN850 | Monitors: 38" Acer X38P Predator| Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Steelseries Apex mini pro | HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

| Pics of my rig |

Linux Machine: CPU: AMD 5950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Phantek Evolv X | MOBO: X570 Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme RAM: 64GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz ram | GPU: AMD 6900XT PSU: Corsair AX1200 with custom white sleeved Cables  SSD's: 1Tb Seagate 530 & 2Tb Seagate 530 & 2Tb KC3000 | Monitors: 38" Acer X38P Predator | Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Steelseries Apex Pro| HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

| Pics of my rig |

Basement Machine: CPU: AMD 5950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Thermaltake Core Pro 3 | MOBO: X570 Gigabyte Xtreme RAM: 64GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz ram | GPU: Rtx 3080 Ti PSU: Corsair RM1000x  SSD's: 1Tb Crucial P3 Plus & 2Tb SN850 & 2Tb KC3000 | Monitors: 32" 1440p monitor | Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Das Ultimate| HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

12 minutes ago, GimmeGaming said:

Also the lack of hygiene on some of the people that attended was unreal, especially as they seemed to have no concept of personal boundaries. I've never been anywhere with so many people that smelled like they never got a shower in their life.

That is the problem with any big conventions sadly.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Just now, Origami Cactus said:

That is the problem with any big conventions sadly.

I was at Defcon in Vegas last year and never had a single compliant in that regard. As it was 45 degrees in Vegas you would expect it to be worse.

Gaming Machine: CPU: AMD 7950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Lian Li Dynamic Evo | MOBO: X670E Asus Crosshair Extreme RAM: 64B DDR4 G.Skill 6000mhz ram | GPU: AMD 7900 XTX PSU: Corsair RM1000x with cablemod cables SSD's: 2TB Seagate 530, 4TB Seagate 530, 1TB WD SN850 | Monitors: 38" Acer X38P Predator| Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Steelseries Apex mini pro | HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

| Pics of my rig |

Linux Machine: CPU: AMD 5950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Phantek Evolv X | MOBO: X570 Asus Crosshair VIII Extreme RAM: 64GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix 3600mhz ram | GPU: AMD 6900XT PSU: Corsair AX1200 with custom white sleeved Cables  SSD's: 1Tb Seagate 530 & 2Tb Seagate 530 & 2Tb KC3000 | Monitors: 38" Acer X38P Predator | Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Steelseries Apex Pro| HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

| Pics of my rig |

Basement Machine: CPU: AMD 5950x cooled by a Custom Watercooling Loop| CASE: Thermaltake Core Pro 3 | MOBO: X570 Gigabyte Xtreme RAM: 64GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz ram | GPU: Rtx 3080 Ti PSU: Corsair RM1000x  SSD's: 1Tb Crucial P3 Plus & 2Tb SN850 & 2Tb KC3000 | Monitors: 32" 1440p monitor | Mouse: Logitech G903 and Powerplay matt | KEYBOARD: Das Ultimate| HEADSET: Logitech G935 Wireless Headset

I hope if I ever bother going to E3 it wont be as bad as that.

| Pics of my rig |

| Pics of my rig |

6 minutes ago, GimmeGaming said:

If was at Defcon in Vegas last year and never had a single compliant in that regard. As it was 45 degrees in Vegas you would expect it to be worse.

Defcon attracts a very different crowd.

5 minutes ago, GimmeGaming said:

I hope if I ever bother going to E3 it wont be as bad as that.

It is also a "gaming" convention, so i don't know about that...

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with the exact same opinion regarding the hygiene. I had to wait in queues for 3-4 hours each and the smell was so horrible. Thursday wasn't so bad as I went in as soon as it opened and didn't wait for long. I mainly went for Hall 9 (Square Enix) to play the FF VII Remake and get the shirts from the FFXIV battle challenges (which was awesome btw). Otherwise, the rest are boring. You wait in a 5h+ queue at the Cyberpunk booth to watch a demo that you can't even play. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P