Weird graphic issues, advice please

Go to solution Solved by SlayerOfHellWyrm,

It'll be a combination, as I run the game completely maxed at 1440p, which includes 16x and I don't have the issue.

Hello, I just realized that my System is outputting some weird graphics and I dont know which part of System could be responsible :/

I am not that big of an expert... pls dont laugh about me.

I included a short video example (it is a really "hard hitting" one that I was able to replicate)

PS: In game its less noticeable but it drags Attention because it seems like there is movement where none should be. similar graphic bugs can appear all around the map for me (they were much smaller than the one I captured  and I cant replicate them). In the Video they appear longer than they r (at least I think so) ->144hz

Is it the graphics Card, the Display port cable, the monitor or just a game error, or anything else (ghosting ?) :( I dunno, please help me (got warranty for any part, just need to know what to change)

Thanks to everyone who took the time to write a comment! luv ya all!!

System:

Ryzen 5 2600

GTX 1660 ti

16gbs ddr4 gskill 

b450m motherboard

240gb ssd  (games installed on)

500 gb hdd 

monitor: acer XF240H

all only a few months old, factory new. monitor bought 2 days ago.

Ok, so as that's a screen recording, which technically gets the signal before it hits the monitor, which rules out the cable and monitor and monitor. That being said, it's likely something with the GPU.

What resolution and settings are you using? Does it happen at a lower framerate at all? Does it happen if you drop the settings of a game? Does it happen in all games, or just a few? Does it happen on the desktop, or only in games?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section

9 hours ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

Ok, so as that's a screen recording, which technically gets the signal before it hits the monitor, which rules out the cable and monitor and monitor. That being said, it's likely something with the GPU.

What resolution and settings are you using? Does it happen at a lower framerate at all? Does it happen if you drop the settings of a game? Does it happen in all games, or just a few? Does it happen on the desktop, or only in games?

Thanks for the response! 

My resolution is 1920*1080 at 144hz. I attached a screenshot of the settings used for recording and every day gameplay (they r optimized for me getting ~144fps and seeing everything) It happens with ultra settings, but with the lowest settings I was not able to replicate it (screenshot included). That made me thinking what it could be and I discovered that it might be the 16x texture filtering-> I tried it with the lowest settings but 16x filtering enabled and I was able to replicate the error. I downloaded 2 games I used to play in the past: It does not appear in overwatch and minecraft (or at least it is not noticably enough for me to spot). It never happened on desktop or while watching videos. It happens less frequent when I limit my fps to 60. It happend on my older 60hz full hd monitor aswell.

settings used for recording:

855791745_settingsusedinthevid.thumb.png.487fec72656a5b07863ea55d499639fd.png

lowest settings:

695992466_lowestsettings.thumb.png.4465ca4cf4d16c00a88a0b1519e57102.png

Sounds to me like it's the 16x filtering causing the issues. Just, don't run it that high I guess? I know it's not a great answer, but honestly, it doesn't make that much of a difference. I tested on my system, and I don't notice anything between 16x and the lower values.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

3 hours ago, SlayerOfHellWyrm said:

Sounds to me like it's the 16x filtering causing the issues. Just, don't run it that high I guess? I know it's not a great answer, but honestly, it doesn't make that much of a difference. I tested on my system, and I don't notice anything between 16x and the lower values.

The setting makes textures "clearer to see" , the more I tune it down textures further away will disappear and Details closer to me will disappear aswell. You can see this very good in the practice range when looking at the "iron" Floor where the 2 bins are. I will take it down to like 8 and if this works I will keep it, but I dont want to tune it down further :/

Anyways, thank you very much for your help. I ll test the 8x settings l8r and let you know. So this seems to be a game related problem and has less to do with my gpu, right ?

It'll be a combination, as I run the game completely maxed at 1440p, which includes 16x and I don't have the issue.

So I just adjusted my nvidia settings for more performance and I changed g-sync from fullscreen to fullscreen and windowed. that in combination with 16x almost killed the error. And if I use 8x ist gone. I dont know what exactly it was, but it has to do with some of these adjustments. Its gone, I am happy :)

Thanks again!

*Actually. Ist not gone. just wasnt able to replicate this one particular bug anymore. but I experienced plenty of others since :(( So I guess I will try to get warranty for my graphics card.