Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HFWebsites

Help with Posting my PC for Sale

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi all, hope you are doing well. 

I would like to list my PC for sale, as I moving abroad and will not be able to take it with me. 

I looked at posting it in the classified ads section on these forums. However, according to the rules: 

you need at least 100 posts on this site before you can post something there. 

Please could someone advise how I can advertise my PC on this forum. Is it allowed in the general discussion thread? 

Best wishes, 
Oli

try reddit.com/r/hardwareswap

PC (Main)

CPU: i5-8400 CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9 Plus   Motherboard: Gigabyte B360M DS3H | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 2x8 DDR4-2400

Boot/OS SSD: Inland 480GB SSD | Video Card: RX 570 4GB Strix OC | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White TG (11/10) PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 750

Monitor: Sceptre 24" 1080p 75hz Webcam: Logitech C920s

NAS:

Synology DS418J w/ 4x WD Red Pro 6TB RAID 10 (used 7.3/12TB)

Phone/Tablet:

iPhone XR 64GB iPad Mini 4 128GB

Laptops:

Dell XPS 15 9570 i7-8750H + 1050 ti + 20GB ram (16+4) + 1TB EX920 SSD

My old computers:

Athlon XP + 2GB DDR1 + R9600 Pro 256MB Core 2 Quad Q8400 @ 3.4ghz + GTX 275 | i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz + GTX 

As per the Advertising regulations, you cannot create a post anywhere on the forum to explicitly "advertise" your classified ad. You can however have a link to it in your signature as long as you adhere to all other signature rules.

From the rules you posted.

9 minutes ago, HFWebsites said:

Is it allowed in the general discussion thread?  

The answer is most likely no.

1 minute ago, Firewrath9 said:

try reddit.com/r/hardwareswap

Hmmm I'm not a Reddit user and don't have an account or anything. The forums and the layout are a little foreign to me haha. But thank you for the suggestion, I really appreciate it! 

8 minutes ago, HFWebsites said:

Please could someone advise how I can advertise my PC on this forum. Is it allowed in the general discussion thread? 

Rules are clear ; you need 100 post count to list things in the Classifieds.

As such, your status update was removed.

Please take some time to read the Community Standards to avoid an issues with the forum rules (like advertising).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 1x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

4 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

From the rules you posted.

The answer is most likely no.

Aw dammit yeah just seen that bit. Thank you!

4 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

Please take some time to read the Community Standards to avoid an issues with the forum rules (like advertising).

Oh okay my bad didn't realise that applied to status updates on my profile. Very sorry won't happen again. 

Thanks all for the help

Just now, HFWebsites said:

Aw dammit yeah just seen that bit. Thank you!

Why not try ebay or whatever equivalent site?

Just now, lewdicrous said:

Why not try ebay or whatever equivalent site?

Yeah eBay / Gumtree etc. were my next port of call. Just thought I would try somewhere like here first with likeminded people. Have advertised a laptop before on eBay/gumtree, and got 100's of silly enquiries and people trying to mess me about

I use a local app called Letgo to supplement my listings on places like LTT and eBay, and it's extra nice that they don't take a cut, just meet in person and hand cash over for goods.

Like Craigslist but modern.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 thread, BR/BT threadSeasonic Focus thread, S12II/M12II thread, Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

I use a local app called Letgo to supplement my listings on places like LTT and eBay, and it's extra nice that they don't take a cut, just meet in person and hand cash over for goods.

Like Craigslist but modern.

Thank you so much for the recommendation. But it appears LetGo is just for American customers. I am from Edinburgh, UK.

36 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

What about posting it in a there signature field as well? Surely that is not allowed either?

Dance like no ones watching. Encrypt like everyone is.

Mouse potato - The online generations version of a couch potato

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Keith W said:

What about posting it in a there signature field as well? Surely that is not allowed either?

Yup, I thought I was clear ...

@HFWebsites your signature was removed.

Edited by wkdpaul

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

My Gaming Rig - Motherboard: MSI Z370-A PRO CPU: i7-8700 RAM: 32GB DDR4 2400(4x8GB) GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1060 3GB OS SSD: 240GB Avexir E100 Storage: 1x 1TB Seagate PSU: Seasonic G650 OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bits Monitor: Acer 21in G205H + Lenovo 21in

31 minutes ago, Keith W said:

30 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

Yup, I thought I was clear ...

@HFWebsites your signature was removed.

Wow okay, sorry. I must have misread the rules in the classified ads topic, I thought it said mentioning it in your signature was okay. My bad.

11 minutes ago, HFWebsites said:

Wow okay, sorry. I must have misread the rules in the classified ads topic, I thought it said mentioning it in your signature was okay. My bad.

The rule about signatures ;

You can however have a link to it in your signature as long as you adhere to all other signature rules.

The "it" being your thread in the classified section.

The "all other signature rules" are these (from the Community Standards) ;

• Signatures
    • Text only, no images or other external content linked.
    • No Advertising/External Links other than to other LTT forum posts, except for the following:
      • a text link to your PC Part Picker profile
      • a text link to your Folding@Home or BOINC stats page

Sorry if that all seems a little harsh, but we deal with a lot of spam accounts, sometimes (on bad days) that can be over 10 accounts (with their spam posts) per hour. So accounts like yours (that start trying to list things and trying to "circumvent" rules) are examined thoroughly.

So again, if you wish to sell your computer using the forum, it's through the classified section (only) and you have to be a contributing member (100 post count). Hope that clears things out.

NiceHash Mining Guide

Ethereum Mining Guide

Spoiler

2 hours ago, wkdpaul said:

The rule about signatures ;

The "it" being your thread in the classified section.

The "all other signature rules" are these (from the Community Standards) ;

Sorry if that all seems a little harsh, but we deal with a lot of spam accounts, sometimes (on bad days) that can be over 10 accounts (with their spam posts) per hour. So accounts like yours (that start trying to list things and trying to "circumvent" rules) are examined thoroughly.

So again, if you wish to sell your computer using the forum, it's through the classified section (only) and you have to be a contributing member (100 post count). Hope that clears things out.

Ah okay I see, thanks very much for the clarification! Sorry for causing any trouble. 

Best wishes, 

Oli.