How does a breadboard work

Ryzen4Life
5 minutes ago, Ryzen4Life said:

How does a breadboard work ya'll 

Well,

First you gotta get some flour, and water, but skip the yeast, that'll cause it to rise and become lumpy...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

It's a board with what are essentially wires running underneath connecting all the little inputs together. They typically have two buss bars down the sides that are all connected, and then each row of 5 or 6 holes are all connected.

Desktop: i9 11900k, 32GB DDR4, 4060 Ti 8GB 🙂

a breadboard is made out of U shaped segments where the wall are slightly springy, so when you insert a pin or wire, the walls put a bit of pressure on it.

You can see these U shaped segments in transparent breadboards.

So a breadboard is useful because you can quickly put DIP chips across the middle of the board, and then for each pin of your chip, you can have up to 4 holes, 4 connections to other things.

So it makes prototyping things fast.

It's just for temporary things though, the length of those U shape metal bits inside can make them behave as antennas, or as capacitors (two metals separated by insulator can "create" a capacitor so they're not recommended for high frequency circuits like switching regulators, very fast microcontrollers etc etc.

image.png.0db5cc4bbf0722a1e92053f08912fef1.png