Headphones to Monitor or Case

Cholax

Do monitors have headphones jack with good sound quality (to plug the headphones) or is better to just keep your headphones plugged to your case (no dedicated sound card).

7 minutes ago, Cholax said:

Do monitors have good sound quality or is better to just keep your headphones plugged to your case (no dedicated sound card).

Plug them into your PC directly for now. When you have the budget get an AMP or DAC AMP. You'll already start hearing a clear difference when buying DAC AMPs from around 50 - 60 euros (that'd be 55 - 65 US dollars). This difference does depend on how good your headphones are.

11 minutes ago, DejaVoodoo said:

Headphones

I think you missunderstood my question. I edited it to make it more clear.

5 minutes ago, Lennart van de Merwe said:

Plug them into your PC directly for now. When you have the budget get an AMP or DAC AMP. You'll already start hearing a clear difference when buying DAC AMPs from around 50 - 60 euros (that'd be 55 - 65 US dollars). This difference does depend on how good your headphones are.

That is the end goal but that will happen in a year maybe.

For now i want to buy a display and i dont know if it having a headphone jack is a feature i should look for (it would be more comfortable for sure because my case is quite far and the headphone cable is short). But if the sound quality is worse then it is not worth it.

I personally would almost never plug my headphones into a monitor. Always sirectly to the motherboard, or through a DAC/AMP combo. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25