What PSU Should I buy? :)

Kaffefilter5

Hi, I was wondering if anyone know about a cheap PSU with about 600-700W. It must have at least 80 plus bronze and be modular. Please send a link or something:)

rosewill_hercules_1600w_psu.jpg

'm using an OCZ modXstream pro semi modular 700w, comes in 500 and 600 too. it's pretty good as far as i'm concerned. has 80 plus certification not sure which one: http://www.dabs.ie/products/ocz-technology-psu--modxstream-pro--700w---uk-5D16.html?q=modxstream&src=16

AMD 8350 // 8 GB Corsair Ram // PNY 780 Ti // Asus 1080p Monitor // Antec 120mm AIO // CM Quickfire TK w/ Custom Caps  // RAT 5 mouse // Audio Technica m50x // Behringer 4-line + Line6 8-line Audio Interfaces

Depends on how much you want to pay, but (roughly ordered in terms of quality):

Corsair CX600M

Rosewill Hive 650w

Corsair TX650M

Seasonic M12II 620

Antec HGC620m (same as the Seasonic M12II)

OCZ ZT 650w

XFX 650w XXX Edition

FSP CM Aurum Gold

EVGA NEX650 (same as FSP CM Aurum)

Rosewill Capstone-M

Corsair HX650 V2

Seasonic SSR-650RM

Take your pick. :P

Please do not save money on a power supply, its the thing that powers you entire system, so not something to cheap out on.

If its a cheap power supply and it fails its likely to take something with it, like your motherboard, cpu or gpu.

That said i always go for corsair, but you can also pick one of these brands: antec, coolermaster, seasonic, be quiet, enermax and silverstone.

there is also thermaltake but i'm not a huge fan of those but i geuss they still qualify as qualitiy psu's

Respect the Code of Conduct!

>> Feel free to join the unofficial LTT teamspeak 3 server TS3.schnitzel.team <<

>>LTT 10TB+ Topic<< | >>FlexRAID Tutorial<<>>LTT Speed wave<< | >>LTT Communies and Servers<<

Okay, thanks for all of your comment:) I think I'm going to buy OCZ ZT 750W, as it only costs $10 More than the 650W :)

Higher wattage doesn't necessarily mean better, what are your specs? And are you planning on upgrading?

You should always go for higher wattage. If you go under you are screwed. Your PSU will overheat and the capacitors will go pop which could send a power surge into your motherboard and hard drives.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

You should always go for higher wattage. If you go under you are screwed. Your PSU will overheat and the capacitors will go pop which could send a power surge into your motherboard and hard drives.
If you look at a PSU power efficiency curve, a higher wattage PSU will require you to use for an example 800W out of 1500W with 80plus Silver in order to take the best of the efficiency, so getting an overkill PSU will require someone to use more wattage to make use of that 80Plus. Sure get a PSU that is maybe 200W over what your maximum power required so you can make future upgrades in the future, that is the best way, don't get a PSU that is way to overkill for your PC or you won't get very good efficiency and never cheap out on a PSU, that should solve the problem of surges.

I didn't say go overkill. What I said is it doesn't hurt to go too high. And have you seen efficiency curves? On a AXi they vary by about 5% thats nothing. The besting thing to do would be to measure your average power draw at the wall times it by the average efficiency of you PSU at that wattage.. Then get a psu that has peak performance at that sweet point.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Higher wattage doesn't necessarily mean better, what are your specs? And are you planning on upgrading?
I can't remember everything, but u can check my user for all of the specs. But here are some of them: ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCUII TOP, Intel Core I7 Ivy Bridge 3770k, ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz CL9, 1x 7200RPM HDD, 1 SSD and 1 CD/DVD rom. Case has 3x120mm

Probably not going to upgrade anything major like GTX 680 SLI:) But maybe OC to about 4.0 GHz when I get my Corsair H100

Please do not save money on a power supply, its the thing that powers you entire system, so not something to cheap out on.

If its a cheap power supply and it fails its likely to take something with it, like your motherboard, cpu or gpu.

That said i always go for corsair, but you can also pick one of these brands: antec, coolermaster, seasonic, be quiet, enermax and silverstone.

there is also thermaltake but i'm not a huge fan of those but i geuss they still qualify as qualitiy psu's

Well seasonic and corsair are more or less the same quallity but you are right ont the do not take aa cheap crappy psu especially when you want to overclock.

I personally think that it's usually better to stay within reason though, going higher doesn't negatively affect the unit in terms of reliability, however you do end up paying more than you really need to, without much benefit in reliability and such.

Depends on how much you want to pay, but (roughly ordered in terms of quality):

Corsair CX600M

Rosewill Hive 650w

Corsair TX650M

Seasonic M12II 620

Antec HGC620m (same as the Seasonic M12II)

OCZ ZT 650w

XFX 650w XXX Edition

FSP CM Aurum Gold

EVGA NEX650 (same as FSP CM Aurum)

Rosewill Capstone-M

Corsair HX650 V2

Seasonic SSR-650RM

Take your pick. :P

best of the best right here