Laptop recommendation for cybersecurity?

Starting a program in which ill need a laptop specifically for cyber security, only real necessary thing im told i need is at least 16gb of ram, 
im sort of on a budget so maybe around $1,000 usd, a little flexible on that, but preferably around that. All laptops I find around that price range with 16gb of ram have really bad reviews and i dont want to be stuck with something shitty. Any recommendations would be extremely appreciated, thank you !

Look at business class devices

Lenovo ThinkPad, Dell Latitude or HP EliteBooks. They offer vastly superior durability and reliability than mainstream garbage. 

21 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Look at business class devices

Lenovo ThinkPad, Dell Latitude or HP EliteBooks. They offer vastly superior durability and reliability than mainstream garbage. 

What do you think of the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 5? its around my price range, with 16gb ram, has good battery life, what do you think?

14 minutes ago, IshGames said:

What do you think of the Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Gen 5? its around my price range, with 16gb ram, has good battery life, what do you think?

It's a solid device. Nothing bad I can really say. 

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

It's a solid device. Nothing bad I can really say. 

yeah i just looked at the options, unfortunately the 16gb option is around $1500 usd, and is out of stock, ill keep looking through the options you mentioned though, thank you!

Just now, IshGames said:

yeah i just looked at the options, unfortunately the 16gb option is around $1500 usd, and is out of stock, ill keep looking through the options you mentioned though, thank you!

No problem. Check out the HP EliteBooks 745 G5 and the ThinkPad E490

Where are you from? Any preference on display size and battery life? Mind low sRGB display and 16GB non-upgradeable RAM?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128