what is floatplane?

JohnDoeVolvo

is floatplane where ltt post alternate videos of what is on youtube?   as in we really see what their opinions are on products and youtube is for paid review content only now?

if not can you put a special watermark symbol in paid review content ....

Just now, JohnDoeVolvo said:

is floatplane where ltt post alternate videos of what is on youtube?   as in we really see what their opinions are on products and youtube is for paid review content only now?

A) They dont do paid reviews.. not now.. not ever.

B) Floatplane is meant for early access to the videos that go up on YT, minus the video sponsor spots and sometimes they do floatplane exclusive content that only gets released there exclusively, usually behind the scenes items of whats coming, projects on going etc... 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, JohnDoeVolvo said:

Floatplane provides early access. The same videos are uploaded to YouTube about 2 weeks later. There are also a small number of Floatplane exclusive videos, mostly behind the scenes stuff, talking to the staff, etc.

2 minutes ago, JohnDoeVolvo said:

All sponsored content is clearly marked in the title [labelled as Showcase], the video description, and in the video itself.

image.png.c7b0ad1a4fc72d018bf2bd8010751dd4.png

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

Floatplane provides early access. The same videos are uploaded to YouTube about 2 weeks later. There are also a small number of Floatplane exclusive videos, mostly behind the scenes stuff, talking to the staff, etc.

It's supposed to be 1 week actually, but they do time sensitive things like reviews of a new product same day, and this (along with other factors) can cause the schedule to shift around, so it may be sooner or later than 1 week.

1 minute ago, Spotty said:

All sponsored content is clearly marked in the title [labelled as Showcase], the video description, and in the video itself.

As per legal requirements, afaik.  Well, they actually go above and beyond that to make it clear in as many places as possible.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

A floatplane is a type of seaplane that has floats instead of wheels. This allows the plane to land on a river, lake, or sea.

Some types of floatplanes are able to also land on land.

Since WW2 and the advent of helicopters, military floatplanes have quickly fallen out of favour.

In recent decades floatplanes have also seen a steady decrease in civilian use, however many planes have aftermarket modification kits to allow waterlanding.

-アパゾ