• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
calculator

cleaning time

Posted · Original PosterOP

How to clean a motherboard and gpu ?

only pcb no socket ...

and what type of liquid and cleaning tool should I use .Is there a high chance that I will damage something? 

dont confuse me pls 

suggest me good 

thanks

Dishwasher... like legit.. not joking.

PSU Tier List Thread

"White Ice"

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus Crosshair VI Hero | EVGA RTX 2080ti Black | Flare X 16-16-16-32 3600mhz 16gb | Full Custom Water Cooling Loop | 1tb Samsung 970 Evo

Samsung 850 evo 250gb | 2x 3tb Seagate Drive | Fractal Design Meshify S2 |  EVGA G2 750w PSU | 2x Corsair LL140 | 3x Corsair LL120

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 1800x | Asrock B450M Pro 4 | 16gb G.Skill Flare X 3200mhz | EVGA B3 450w | EVGA GTX 1060 3gb | 250gb 860 Evo m.2 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | Elgato HD60 Pro | Elgato 4k60 Pro mk.2

9 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

haha

why not i try in big mixer grinder?

Canned air and an anti static brush should do the trick.

18 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

What kind of state does your motherboard need to be to think 'yea, dishwasher is the only solution left...'???

Although I have seen motherboards from cat owners and Chainsmokers, so maybe that's why?

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything." - Bathtub Barracuda

Y O U C A N B E A D D I C T E D T O A C E R T A I N K I N D O F S A D D N E S S

Gear:                    

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 ||

Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon ||

RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz (running at 2800Mhz) ||

GPU: Gigabyte Auros RX 580 4GB || 

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || 

Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 ||

Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG ||

PSU: Corsair RMx 750W ||

Peripherals:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm ||

Keyboard: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB ||

Graphics tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen Small (2015) ||

Mouse: Asus ROG Gladius ||

Mousepad: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL ||

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Setup: Current setup

Higher percentage isopropyl alcohol (lower water content is better) and soft cleaning tools like makeup brushes, paper towels and cotton swabs.

You really only gotta watch out around SMD components (the tiny little rectangles) as they're a bit fragile with their small solder connections. Otherwise it's just a bit time consuming. A large makeup brush to get rid of most of the loose dust works really well, follow up with alcohol and paper towels, cotton swabs to get into the small places.

For the gpu if you know how to take the whole thing apart, take the whole thing apart, the entire cooler as well. Set the pcb aside and clean that like you would the motherboard, then run all the cooler components under warm tap water with a brush of any variety to break up more dense dust. 

Let everything dry throughly, a day at minimum, move things around and shake out any water in the fans or heatsink every so often until it's all bone dry.

Degenerate furry trash.

I still use my Athlon 5350.

21 minutes ago, calculator said:

How to clean a motherboard and gpu ?

only pcb no socket ...

and what type of liquid and cleaning tool should I use .Is there a high chance that I will damage something? 

dont confuse me pls 

suggest me good 

thanks

Compressed air can or something 

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x 1.35V @ 4.1GhZ  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX (2*8) 16GB 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2Nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

Compressed air.

My sound system costs more than my PC.        Check out my S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Intel i7 4790k | ASUS GTX770 | ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB | NZXT S340 | Seasonic Platinum 760 | modded H100i | Ducky ONE White TKL RGB | Logitech MX Master 2S | 2x Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | WD Red 4TB Samsung 58" 4k TV | 2x Behringer NEKKST K8 | BIC Acoustech H-100II | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

20 hours ago, Genwyn said:

Higher percentage isopropyl alcohol (lower water content is better) and soft cleaning tools like makeup brushes, paper towels and cotton swabs.

You really only gotta watch out around SMD components (the tiny little rectangles) as they're a bit fragile with their small solder connections. Otherwise it's just a bit time consuming. A large makeup brush to get rid of most of the loose dust works really well, follow up with alcohol and paper towels, cotton swabs to get into the small places.

For the gpu if you know how to take the whole thing apart, take the whole thing apart, the entire cooler as well. Set the pcb aside and clean that like you would the motherboard, then run all the cooler components under warm tap water with a brush of any variety to break up more dense dust. 

Let everything dry throughly, a day at minimum, move things around and shake out any water in the fans or heatsink every so often until it's all bone dry.

alright 

Im wondering if this alcohol would work.

https://www.apollopharmacy.in/doctor-s-choice-isopropyl-rubbing-alcohol-u-s-p-100ml.html

which area should i clean my mobo or go for full?

because this 99% isopropyl

2 minutes ago, calculator said:

alright 

Im wondering if this alcohol would work.

https://www.apollopharmacy.in/doctor-s-choice-isopropyl-rubbing-alcohol-u-s-p-100ml.html

which area should i clean my mobo or go for full?

because this 99% isopropyl

Really anything 70% or higher works, you just need to wait longer for things to dry with higher water content.

The most important areas to remove dust are around any chipset components and power delivery. If its just for maintenance and you dont care how it looks you can ignore the larger flat areas and the spaces between expansion slots as dust there doesnt matter much. But around the cpu socket, the rear i/o, power inputs, the main chipset, thats the stuff you want to properly clean the dust off of. Everything else will be fine with just a light brushing.

Degenerate furry trash.

I still use my Athlon 5350.