Ryzen supported RAM

Daniel Fazli

Hello everyone,I need some help with selecting RAM for my ongoing PC Build.

I am student and working as a part timer. I've been saving money and buying parts for my PC gradually and currently positioned to complete my build is buying the RAM(Aiming for 8GB 3200mhz).

I've been reading online about how there's Ryzen compatible RAM I'm worried that I might bought RAM that does not fully performs properly with the setup and when I've read the motherboard support section I got confused with the Summit,Raven and Pinnacle Ridge.

I lived in South East Asia and most stuff I've bought are from online vendor primarily https://www.lazada.com.my .

Current setup that I'm going is as follow:

Ryzen 2600

Asrock A320m HDV R4.0 mATX

Cooler Master 650w Bronze

RX580 8GB

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Generic Tower

Why the a320 for the love of god...

B350 should be the minimum chipset for ryzen.

Only 10-20$ more, infinitely better.

Ryzen compatible ram doesn't matter much anymore, it was a first gen ryzen problem, and only at launch. Update the motherboard bios to the newest version and ram should work.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

Ryzen 5 2600 should be pinnacle ridge. However, nowadays i think memory compatibility got to the point where you can stick any ram you want and it will still work. Get the cheaper 8 gb you can get, and i'd get 4x2 if you don't plan to upgrade for a long time, if not get one stick and get another one later. 

However,  why did you go for a320? I think you can find some b350 motherboards for the same price which would be miles better

41 minutes ago, Daniel Fazli said:

Current setup that I'm going is as follow:

Ryzen 2600

Asrock A320m HDV R4.0 mATX

Cooler Master 650w Bronze

RX580 8GB

Kingston A400 240GB SSD

Generic Tower

Please no..!

grab a B450 board much better than the a320

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

7 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

Why the a320 for the love of god...

B350 should be the minimum chipset for ryzen.

Only 10-20$ more, infinitely better.

Ryzen compatible ram doesn't matter much anymore, it was a first gen ryzen problem, and only at launch. Update the motherboard bios to the newest version and ram should work.

I went for it since I wasn't into overclocking or stuff,but thank you for the advice

7 hours ago, Epimetheus said:

Ryzen 5 2600 should be pinnacle ridge. However, nowadays i think memory compatibility got to the point where you can stick any ram you want and it will still work. Get the cheaper 8 gb you can get, and i'd get 4x2 if you don't plan to upgrade for a long time, if not get one stick and get another one later. 

However,  why did you go for a320? I think you can find some b350 motherboards for the same price which would be miles better

I see,which mean most of current RAM can be used.I bought the cpu and motherboard as a bundle which was on sale but I'l keep the advice in mind