Having Trouble Updating Bios

Johackle

I currently have an ASUS Maximus VI Extreme and a core i7 4790k with a current Bios version of 1505. I'm having difficulty flashing my bios to the current version. I've attempted to use the ROG connect method where I download the cap file off of ASUS's website and rename it to M6E.cap and the button will flash and nothing happens. I've tried naming it just M6E aswell. I would like to use the Asus Ez flash utility however I oddly have no tools menu to access it. The reason im trying to update is due to some errors I've been having while trying to play apex.

I'm sure that you've read the manual, but I wanted to make sure that you follow it to the letter.

image.png.01ca0dedff7f2e55a431ee3cbe5daf54.png

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 hour ago, Uptivuptiz said:

I'm sure that you've read the manual, but I wanted to make sure that you follow it to the letter.

image.png.01ca0dedff7f2e55a431ee3cbe5daf54.png

I gave it another shot making sure to follow those directions and it didn’t work. It gives me a few blinks then stops. The flash drive is formatted to FAT32. I believe NTFS works as well but I have no clue if that has anything to do with the problem.