Looking for a good case to show RGB fans.

another_member
Go to solution Solved by dfsdfgfkjsefoiqzemnd,

If you can stretch that budget to 200€, I'd suggest the Fractal Design Define Vision S2 (the non-RGB version).  Tempered glass all around and okay airflow. 

The Meshify S2 or Meshify C would fit in your budget, but I'm not sure if you'd like that frame in front of the fans.  Here's what a Meshify C looks like, for reference. (not my video)

Hi all,

I am searching for a case with (preferably) a TG front panel, but still with decent airflow. If that is not possible with my budget of 150€, (I am llcated in Germany), then a mesh front would be the next best option, as I will mount some Corsair LL fans at the front of the case. For the same reason, if you are reccomending a non-corsair case, it would be nice if it didnt have any RGB, as I plan to use iCue to control all of my RGB. Sorry if I sound very needy.

Thanks,

Catchears

RGB is ugly tho why would you want to show that?

Lian li and inwin make some good glass cases.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

40 minutes ago, Enderman said:

if your going to just be a dick instead of answering a question why post shit at all?

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

1 minute ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

if your going to just be a dick instead of answering a question why post shit at all?

Did you read the second sentence Mr.RGBfan9000?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Did you read the second sentence Mr.RGBfan9000?

thats not help lmao

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

2 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

thats not help lmao

Yeah it is.

I told him two quality brands that make tempered glass cases that would show off his RGB fans well.

That's a lot more than the 0 contribution you've added so far to this thread ;)

Spoiler

If you can stretch that budget to 200€, I'd suggest the Fractal Design Define Vision S2 (the non-RGB version).  Tempered glass all around and okay airflow. 

The Meshify S2 or Meshify C would fit in your budget, but I'm not sure if you'd like that frame in front of the fans.  Here's what a Meshify C looks like, for reference. (not my video)

1 hour ago, Catchears said:

Hi all,

Try out the DEEPCOOL MATREXX 70. I have one. Lots of exciting features. $100 gets you front and side glass panels, 2x 360mm support, a glass PSU shroud, 3x front 120mm RGB fans with controller, illuminated front panel ports, extensive drive support, SSI-CEB support, high quality materials, and a clean boxy shape.

The drive cage is [re]movable, the top part of the shroud comes off, it has a bottom LED strip already integrated, cable management is clean and roomy, it's not too big, and the front glass comes off super easy if you need those extra CF/m.

The included PCIe slot covers are mesh, there's potential vertical mounting with a DEEPCOOL adapter, it's quiet (for me), and it comes with front, top, and bottom air filters.

It has 2x 3.5 inch drive support and 4x 2.5 inch support, although you can fit as many drives in as you want if you have a dremel.

You'd think that the glass would cut off airflow but it's surprisingly good. My blower 1080 stays around 72c in games that are GPU bound at 1440p and my E5 1650 v3 stays under 60c.

Sorry about my spelling sometimes. My $1200 laptop has a $2 keyboard.

1 hour ago, wafflehaus said:

It might be a bit outside your price range, but have a look at the Corsair Crystal 680x. It coimes with 3 LL Fans, a lighting node pro and a fan hub plus plenty of mounting points for additional RGB. Tempered glass, looks very shiny.

I know...

The Corsair 680X was what I was going to get, but then I decided the €225 are a bit much. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

1 hour ago, BleachedFur said:

Try out the DEEPCOOL MATREXX 70. I have one. Lots of exciting features. $100 gets you front and side glass panels, 2x 360mm support, a glass PSU shroud, 3x front 120mm RGB fans with controller, illuminated front panel ports, extensive drive support, SSI-CEB support, high quality materials, and a clean boxy shape.

The drive cage is [re]movable, the top part of the shroud comes off, it has a bottom LED strip already integrated, cable management is clean and roomy, it's not too big, and the front glass comes off super easy if you need those extra CF/m.

The included PCIe slot covers are mesh, there's potential vertical mounting with a DEEPCOOL adapter, it's quiet (for me), and it comes with front, top, and bottom air filters.

It has 2x 3.5 inch drive support and 4x 2.5 inch support, although you can fit as many drives in as you want if you have a dremel.

You'd think that the glass would cut off airflow but it's surprisingly good. My blower 1080 stays around 72c in games that are GPU bound at 1440p and my E5 1650 v3 stays under 60c.

Great, thanks, I'll have a look.

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

Also nice. The meshify C is def a good option.

Will post a bit more later. 

8 hours ago, Enderman said:

8 hours ago, wafflehaus said:

It might be a bit outside your price range, but have a look at the Corsair Crystal 680x. It coimes with 3 LL Fans, a lighting node pro and a fan hub plus plenty of mounting points for additional RGB. Tempered glass, looks very shiny.

8 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

7 hours ago, BleachedFur said:

~snip~

Thanks for your input everyone. I think that I will probably just get a meshify C as I find that the videos looks pretty good.

Thanks everyone,

Catchears.

32 minutes ago, Catchears said:

Thanks for your input everyone. I think that I will probably just get a meshify C as I find that the videos looks pretty good.

Fractal cases are a treat to build in, better than any other manufacturer I have dealt with. My only gripes with my Define R6 are the fault of my hardware config, not the case (routing of the front panel audio and USB 3.0 are ugly if you don't have an ATX motherboard).

Brands I wholeheartedly reccomend (though do have flawed products): Apple, Razer, Corsair, Asus, Gigabyte, bequiet!, Noctua, Fractal, GSkill (RAM only)

Wall Of Fame (Informative people/People I like): @Glenwing @DrMacintosh @Schnoz @TempestCatto @LogicalDrm @Dan Castellaneta

Useful threads: 

How To Make Your Own Cloud Storage

Spoiler

Guide to Display Cables/Adapters

Spoiler

PSU Tier List (Latest)-

Spoiler

Main PC: See spoiler tag

Laptop: 2020 iPad Pro 12.9" with Magic Keyboard

Spoiler

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gKh8zN

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 3.8 GHz 12-Core OEM/Tray Processor  (Purchased For $419.99) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Formula ATX AM4 Motherboard  (Purchased For $356.99) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (Purchased For $130.00) 
Storage: Kingston Predator 240 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $40.00) 
Storage: Crucial MX300 1.05 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Storage: Western Digital Red 8 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive  (Purchased For $180.00) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card  (Purchased For $370.00) 
Case: Fractal Design Define R6 USB-C ATX Mid Tower Case  (Purchased For $100.00) 
Power Supply: Corsair RMi 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (Purchased For $120.00) 
Optical Drive: Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer  (Purchased For $75.00) 
Total: $1891.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-02 19:59 EDT-0400

身のなわたしはる果てぞ  悲しわたしはかりけるわたしは

7 hours ago, Catchears said:

Why would you go with a more expensive and inferior option?

Sorry about my spelling sometimes. My $1200 laptop has a $2 keyboard.