Edit and react abnormailities

vanished
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

Thanks to help from @Spotty, the problem has been identified as adblock (specifically the EasyList filter, which is widely used) getting worried about the -online-ad- in the URL of the topic, so it's blocking most of the stuff that requires extra HTTP requests. You should be able to fix it by whitelisting LTT in your adblocker, although it shouldn't affect many topics anyway.

Was just in this thread (https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1095794-ltt-block-every-online-ad-with-this-pi-hole-on-a-5-raspberry-pi/) and noticed two strange things.  One, when I go to edit my post, it loads the editor by itself in a new page rather than "inline" the way it normally works, and two, when I click "like",

image.png.02aa45cc50017056a4aee2dc46810144.png

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

12 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Was just in this thread (https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1095794-ltt-block-every-online-ad-with-this-pi-hole-on-a-5-raspberry-pi/) and noticed two strange things.  One, when I go to edit my post, it loads the editor by itself in a new page rather than "inline" the way it normally works, and two, when I click "like",

image.png.02aa45cc50017056a4aee2dc46810144.png

I just tried reacting to your post & got the same thing.
IDK if it's something to do with floatplane tho ?

I just got kicked out of the discord chat & videos no longer load for me (Thumbnail only) but I still show up as subscribed :
image.png.2c33e463c2d5d3ee114fcc3237e3d85b.png

(Tho I also have a dual subscription for some reason, which I still think is quite funny xD (No, I don't think I'm being charged twice this time)

EDIT : Yeah, no. I don'T think it'S related to that. I can react fine in other floatplane threads atm...
Also : http://whatismybrowser.com/w/L9Y3F3R

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

It looks like some requests weren't making it to the forum server, which makes it really difficult to debug. As it's affected multiple people but seems confined to that topic, my guess would be a Cloudflare issue - although they haven't reported anything relevant on their status page, it's not unprecedented for them to have issues that affect us but don't have a major impact on lots of people and to therefore not add it to the status page.

Does it work properly for you now?

HTTP/2 203

2 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

It looks like some requests weren't making it to the forum server, which makes it really difficult to debug. As it's affected multiple people but seems confined to that topic, my guess would be a Cloudflare issue - although they haven't reported anything relevant on their status page, it's not unprecedented for them to have issues that affect us but don't have a major impact on lots of people and to therefore not add it to the status page.

I still can't react on that page, even on a different device, but it looks like someone else was able to

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

3 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

I still can't react to posts in that thread either.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Thanks to help from @Spotty, the problem has been identified as adblock (specifically the EasyList filter, which is widely used) getting worried about the -online-ad- in the URL of the topic, so it's blocking most of the stuff that requires extra HTTP requests. You should be able to fix it by whitelisting LTT in your adblocker, although it shouldn't affect many topics anyway.

HTTP/2 203