CPU overheating

I hope anyone can help me here because I have no idea how to fix this.

I installed a new Watercooled pc but every time I start it up, the CPU spikes to 50, then slowly goes till 90 and then the pc shuts down.

I've reseated the water block, I repasted the CPU.

What is strange is that the pipes and fittings close to the out of the water block of the CPU are extremely hot (what tells me the block is doing its work and picks up the heat fromt the CPU) but when I go further to the reservoir and then the one that goes into the radiator, that one is cold.  It feels like the heat is stuck in the pipe from the CPU to the water reservoir and does not go any further.

Does anyone has any idea how to solve this?  Is the pump not working good.  Is there still too much air in the system that keeps it from running smooth?

Any ideas or help is possible

IMG_20190819_193914.jpg

2 minutes ago, Alphabear1978 said:

What is strange is that the pipes and fittings close to the out of the water block of the CPU are extremely hot (what tells me the block is doing its work and picks up the heat fromt the CPU) but when I go further to the reservoir and then the one that goes into the radiator, that one is cold.  It feels like the heat is stuck in the pipe from the CPU to the water reservoir and does not go any further.

from this description my first guess is that the pump is not running. You can listen to hear if it's making noise, but it may still be broken even if the motor is running.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

The pump is running, it filled up the loop nicely and I can see it pumping

6 minutes ago, Alphabear1978 said:

I hope anyone can help me here because I have no idea how to fix this.

I installed a new Watercooled pc but every time I start it up, the CPU spikes to 50, then slowly goes till 90 and then the pc shuts down.

I've reseated the water block, I repasted the CPU.

Does anyone has any idea how to solve this?  Is the pump not working good.  Is there still too much air in the system that keeps it from running smooth?

Any ideas or help is possible

IMG_20190819_193914.jpg

check how your loop is flowing. it sounds like its not getting good/any flow to the cpu

My rig: r7 1700 @ 3.9/1.35v, 16gb ddr4 3200, assorted rando SSDs, hx 1050, vega 64 1650/1025

MY $75 BUILD https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/576889-the-75-build-log/#comment-7547280

Just now, astranger200 said:

check how your loop is flowing. it sounds like its not getting good/any flow to the cpu

ive just spotted the issue I recon. your connection block on the side has a direct connection through past both of the cpu lines. that means the cpu block, which has a fairly high resistance, wont be taking any of the flow, and will be entirely bypassed.

My rig: r7 1700 @ 3.9/1.35v, 16gb ddr4 3200, assorted rando SSDs, hx 1050, vega 64 1650/1025

MY $75 BUILD https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/576889-the-75-build-log/#comment-7547280

I don't follow, the way the loop goes is:  Reservoir - > Pump -> GPU -> CPU -> Radiator

Components are the same as my old config, with the same materials.  Only case is different and the pump/reservoir.

But I do think it's a flow issue.  I'll let it bleed out more and see tomorrow what it says

7 minutes ago, Alphabear1978 said:

I don't follow, the way the loop goes is:  Reservoir - > Pump -> GPU -> CPU -> Radiator

Components are the same as my old config, with the same materials.  Only case is different and the pump/reservoir.

But I do think it's a flow issue.  I'll let it bleed out more and see tomorrow what it says

see where the cpu block connects to the distribution block? see how between those two connections there is a direct bypass? the water is just flowing straight past the pipes and not going through them, because there is a connection between them

I may be wrong. there may not actually be flow through there, but either way its diffinitely a lack of flow. if you unplug your pump does it behave the same?

It happens faster when I unplug the pump.  And nope there is no connection.  The pink arrow is the in, there is not an other out.

68716659_1008857876149335_3401104242864291840_n.jpg

You got a ton of air in that loop.

Temps sucks because you did not get all the air out of the loop.

That is what I'm afraid of too.  That is why I'm going to let it bleed out for a day and see tomorrow if it gets any better

So it wasn't the air in the system, it was the flow itself.  I took the CPU block back out, reassembled it like it was shown, but it was only when I took the jet plate out, the flow was good enough to keep everything cool.  Computer now runs back at 25 degrees idle and ramps up to 65 when dong a aida64 stress test.

Thanks everyone for the feedback!!!

Here is the final result

20190820_173451.jpg

20190820_173513.jpg