Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrazieChipmunk

Im torn between Rx 5700 and the 2060 super

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Im in the uk so the xt for some reason probably brexit is 30-40 pounds above the 2060 super. The reason im considering the 2060 super is because of the raytracing (i know that sounds stupid) but i have the feeling raytracing will become much more optimized and important because consoles will use it.

 

Im planning on pairing these cards with a 3600

 

monitor: 1080p 144hz

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrazieChipmunk said:

the xt for some reason probably brexit is 30-40 pounds above the 2060 super.

the XT is a 2070 competitor, it's more expensive than the 2060 super because it's more powerful.

The 5700 is better value for the money, but getting the best performance for your money is usually a better call. What model 2060 super and 5700 are you comparing?


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
9 hours ago, fasauceome said:

the XT is a 2070 competitor, it's more expensive than the 2060 super because it's more powerful.

The 5700 is better value for the money, but getting the best performance for your money is usually a better call. What model 2060 super and 5700 are you comparing?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CrazieChipmunk said:

5700 is msi model mech oc and the rtx is zotac

The mech is a base model, and so I assume you picked a base model zotac too (zotac is a brand not a model) so if it's 5700 XT vs 2060 super at a 40 pound price difference I really would recommend the XT. If you prefer to spend a little less cash then the 2060 super will do.


I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

 

How many watts do I need? Seasonic Focus threadUserbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ray tracing isn't going to get better anytime soon. Give it like 3 to 5 years, and by that time current gen RTX cards will be very obsolete. The 5700 XT being 30 - 40 pounds more than the 2060 super is worth it.


CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ivan134 said:

Ray tracing isn't going to get better anytime soon. Give it like 3 to 5 years, and by that time current gen RTX cards will be very obsolete. The 5700 XT being 30 - 40 pounds more than the 2060 super is worth it.

I totally agree. Got the 2070 and ray tracing either slows down fps or dumbs down quality a bit to keep the same fps. Also I was in the same boat as you but I couldn't wait for the non reference 5700xts to come out. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/19/2019 at 6:12 PM, CrazieChipmunk said:

Im in the uk so the xt for some reason probably brexit is 30-40 pounds above the 2060 super. The reason im considering the 2060 super is because of the raytracing (i know that sounds stupid) but i have the feeling raytracing will become much more optimized and important because consoles will use it.

 

Im planning on pairing these cards with a 3600

 

monitor: 1080p 144hz

In your case the value proposition may not be as sweet for the XT if it's 40 pounds more.  They should be priced the same.

 

But I would also keep expectations subdued on the raytracing side of things.  I think it'll be a very situational benefit unless maybe you're a developer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×