Do you like the Chassepot C1000 keyboard

Boot Virtual

Do you want this keyboard?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want this keyboard??? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lMTvmsP55U&t=161s

dont like it, they messed up the layout way too hard and if i wanted a compact board id go for a navless anyway

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

I like the idea but the changes they make to a 'standard' TKL layout are too far out there.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

I want it... But not really.

It's something I would like to experiment with, but I feel like the changes made to the layout would not make it a pleasant typing experience.

I already shared this opinion on the original video thread, but a better design would IMO be:

60% keyboard, with the F-key row added, the navcluster + numpad combo on the left side (instead of right) and something dedicated for the arrow keys (like a joystick or similar small thing).

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 hour ago, geo3 said:

Ha, well I use this. So no, I don't want to use that, but probably for very different reasons than everyone else here.

pfufrqn4qqb31.jpg

I like this keyboard