I need help reinstalling windows

iMDarker
Go to solution Solved by iMDarker,
21 minutes ago, neumannj said:

Is that the first thing you saw when the installer ran? To start you need to have the hard not partitioned with that reversed part, since windows creates that when you select which drive you want to install on. Are you able to click disk 0 partition 1 and select delete? 

I googled for about an hour, found a tutorial that created a partition via cmd  and i overwrote that first partition and then deleted it and installed windows normally, i solved it already but thanks for trying to help anyways

Hello, i have a laptop with an ssd and a hdd. I recently removed the ssd as i'il be installing that on my new pc and i've tried installing windows on the hdd but it doesn't work and i can't seem to get to work. When i choose where i want to install windows i click on my hdd and it says: "unable to create a partition or locate an already existing one. For more info look at the log of the installing program." How do i fix this and install windows?

1566216245043264739881.jpg

Is that the first thing you saw when the installer ran? To start you need to have the hard not partitioned with that reversed part, since windows creates that when you select which drive you want to install on. Are you able to click disk 0 partition 1 and select delete? 

21 minutes ago, neumannj said:

I googled for about an hour, found a tutorial that created a partition via cmd  and i overwrote that first partition and then deleted it and installed windows normally, i solved it already but thanks for trying to help anyways