Enterprise router

spartin503

I need a router, not a wireless access point, but a router to use, I would like something that cost less then $60. Any suggestions are welcomed.

You're asking a bit much here... I mean, enterprise is enterprise, and you pay for that.

That said...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cisco-2600-Series-2620-Router-Fast-Ethernet-port-with-1DSUT1-/271383356946?pt=US_Wired_Routers&hash=item3f2fb56612

... *looks at the pictures*

LOL 10/100 ports? R U Surious?

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Chances are you wouldn't be able to configure it.

If you want cheap better than consumer gear -> Mikrotik, Ubiquity.

Something wrong with your connection ?

Run the damn cable :)

That router is only 10/100 and has a whole bevy of features you won't need or won't know how to use, OSPF, Frame Relay, NAT, VLSM, etc. Cisco routers and switches are initially configured through a serial cable and a terminal (Putty, Hyper Term etc) and then configured with SSH, or if you like to live dangerously, Telnet. In short the router is meant for enterprise and is not for consumers, hence no really useful GUI. Moreover you will easily eclipse the price of the router buying expansion cards for additional Ethernet jacks or T1 cards. I would not recommend buying it but if you do you might as well get a CCNA lab for 300$ and get the CCNA cert and at least have a marketable skill.  

...or because you want to set up MPLS on your internal LAN because your just a hardcore motherfucker I'd recommend the Cisco 1941.

I have 7 of those in a storage room.

Heh. I litterally just typed Cisco into Ebay's search. I figured if he knows at least somewhat what he's looking for, he can find something like it, I just wanted to show that there WAS stuff like that on ebay.

Heh. I litterally just typed Cisco into Ebay's search. I figured if he knows at least somewhat what he's looking for, he can find something like it, I just wanted to show that there WAS stuff like that on ebay.

you want something that is almost enterprise grade without wifi then look at this

http://routerboard.com/RB2011iL-IN

or

the 1U version http://routerboard.com/RB2011iL-RM

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

I need a router, not a wireless access point, but a router to use, I would like something that cost less then $60. Any suggestions are welcomed.

You really need to be more specific in what you're after. Why are you looking for an "enterprise" router? Why is a consumer router not sufficient? You can get consumer "smart" routers that have some of the more common/useful features of an enterprise router at a significantly lower price point.

What features are you after? And what sort of setup would you like to have? We need as much detail as you can give us. Saying "I want an enterprise router" doesn't really tell us anything because there are so many different options, ranging in price from under $100 (usually either ancient, or barebones) to literally thousands of dollars. It's like asking for a sports car under $5,000. Sure it can be done, but it'll probably be pretty shitty compared to a similarly priced family car.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Why are you typing like such a moron?

Those cheap routers probably cant even manage 100mbps throughput.

To be realistic if you want a fast enterprise router you are going to be looking at Cisco, H3C, and Nortel... At a used price point of $60 USD you are going to be looking at technology from 20+ years ago.

Once you take into account network overhead on a 100BaseT connection you are looking at between 85 to 90 Mb/sec

I would suggest locating a DD-WRT compatible router and using that.

AMD RYZEN 7 5800X3D \ Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite \  32GB 3600 G.SKILL Neo \  Gigabyte RTX 4080 Gaming OC \  Lian Li O11 Dynamic Evo \  NVMe 2TB Samsung 990 Pro, SATA 4TB Samsung 970 Evo  \  WINDOWS 11 PRO 

It never troubles the wolf how many the sheep may be. ~Publius Vergilius Maro circa 50BC

You could also make a pfsense router with a couple of network cards and an old pc (this will be under 60$, if you have an old pc laying around somewhere). This way you'll get enterprise grade features without paying much for it.

CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance GPU: GTX 780 Case: Corsair 540 Air Storage: 2x Intel 520 SSD Raid 0 PSU: Corsair AX850 Display(s): 1x 27" Samsung Monitor 3x 24" Asus Monitors Cooling: Swifttech H220 Keyboard: Logitech 710+ Mouse: Logitech G500 Headphones: Sennheiser HD 558 --- Internet: http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/gallery/album_1107/gallery_12431_1107_23677.png My Setup:  http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/7922-1-rkcf7io/ -- NAS: 3x WD Red 3TB Drives (RAIDZ-1), 5x 750gb Seagate ES HDD(RAIDZ-1), 120gb SSD for caching, OS: FreeNAS --  Server 1: Xeon E3 1275v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5 -- Server 2: Xeon E3 1220v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5

You could also make a pfsense router with a couple of network cards and an old pc (this will be under 60$, if you have an old pc laying around somewhere). This way you'll get enterprise grade features without paying much for it.

Oh yes, let's waste a bunch of power while we're at it.

I would get a cheap router that can have OpenWRT flashed on it.

Oh yes, let's waste a bunch of power while we're at it.

I would get a cheap router that can have OpenWRT flashed on it.

Totally, lets waste an extra dollar or two (tops) of power a month. OpenWRT works great, but you get a lot more flexibility with something like pfsense.

CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance GPU: GTX 780 Case: Corsair 540 Air Storage: 2x Intel 520 SSD Raid 0 PSU: Corsair AX850 Display(s): 1x 27" Samsung Monitor 3x 24" Asus Monitors Cooling: Swifttech H220 Keyboard: Logitech 710+ Mouse: Logitech G500 Headphones: Sennheiser HD 558 --- Internet: http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/gallery/album_1107/gallery_12431_1107_23677.png My Setup:  http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/7922-1-rkcf7io/ -- NAS: 3x WD Red 3TB Drives (RAIDZ-1), 5x 750gb Seagate ES HDD(RAIDZ-1), 120gb SSD for caching, OS: FreeNAS --  Server 1: Xeon E3 1275v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5 -- Server 2: Xeon E3 1220v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5