Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stilg7

CPU cooler advice please

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm going to buy a Ryzen 5 3600 and a MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC. What CPU cooler should I buy if I plan on doing little to moderate overclocking?

A couple things to know, the cooler can't be taller than 6.3"/160mm. Also, considering the price of the 3600 ($200), I don't feel it's necessary to spend upwards of $100 on a cooler.

My reasoning could be completely wrong but I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance 😃

11 minutes ago, Stilg7 said:

I'm going to buy a Ryzen 5 3600 and a MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC. What CPU cooler should I buy if I plan on doing little to moderate overclocking?

A couple things to know, the cooler can't be taller than 6.3"/160mm. Also, considering the price of the 3600 ($200), I don't feel it's necessary to spend upwards of $100 on a cooler.

My reasoning could be completely wrong but I'm open to any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance 😃

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/wjmLrH/noctua-cpu-cooler-nhu12s

PRIMARY PC

Ryzen 5 2600 - ASRock B450 Pro4 - G.Skill Trident Z (8x2 3000MHz) - Intel 660p Series 512GB - Seagate Barracuda 2TB - MSI GeForce GTX980Ti LIGHTNING - NZXT H500i - Super Flower Leadex ll Gold 650 Watt

SECONDARY PC

Xeon X5680 - Asus SABERTOOTH X58 - Crucial (4x2 1333MHz) - Crucial BX500 480GB - MSI RX 570 GAMING X - Cougar MX330 - EVGA SuperNOVA G2 650 Watt

LAPTOP

Acer Nitro 5 - 7300HQ - 8GB DDR4 2133MHz - GTX 1050Ti - Intel 600p Series 256GB - Seagate Barracuda TB

i personally LOVE the dark rock 4, and its more then enough for the 2600. personally i have the dark rock 4 pro on a 2600x, and peak temp on prime95 is about 65c with xmp at full throttle

Posted · Original PosterOP

Does anyone know a website that provides cpu cooler temp/noise benchmarks? This way I can justify spending more or find a way to save a little.

Thanks for all the help so far everyone!