Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bigmouthbob1

Virtual macines

Posted · Original PosterOP

Are there any good free VMs that you guys would recommend. If there's not a good free one could you include a good paid one with the price?

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

what do you want the vms to do?

You can run almost any os as a vm if you want.

well I want a VM for virus testing and stuff like that

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

what type of virus? Why not try a few vms and see what works?

well would you know where to get a VM cause thats what Im struggling with

Just now, bigmouthbob1 said:

well would you know where to get a VM cause thats what Im struggling with

well a vm is like any other computer, just get a install iso, then make the vm and install it and use it like any other pc.

Are you asking for a program or OS that runs virtual machines? I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone exporting their VMs for others to download. Kind of have to build your own using software.

Guides & Tutorials:

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

How to Use Rsync on Microsoft Windows for Cross-platform Automatic Data Replication

A How To Guide: Setting up SMB3.0 Multichannel on FreeNAS

How You can Reset Your Windows Login Password with Hiren's BootCD - (Depreciated)

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

How to Build Your Own DAS

In the Queue:

GPU Pass-though w/ QEMU on Debian Linux

How to Setup Drive Sharing in Windows 10

How to Format a HDD/SSD in Windows

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

2 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

Are you asking for a program or OS that runs virtual machines? I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone exporting their VMs for others to download. Kind of have to build your own using software.

What software would i use?

It sounds like you might be asking for a hypervisor and not a VM. But it also seems like you need to do some reading/youtubing before you dabble.

Start with something easy like Virtualbox. But if you're doing virus testing, get the VM part down FIRST and make sure you properly isolated. Don't just dive head first.

Build Logs: Cotton Candy Threads | Lucid Visions | Matte Machine (4U Rackmount) | Noc Noc | NUC | Storage Log

Cotton Candy Threads - CPU AMD Threadripper 2950X | GPU EVGA FTW3 RTX 2080 Ti | MOBO Asus ROG Zenith Extreme | MEMORY 128GB (8x 16GB) Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 | STORAGE 3x Samsung 960 Evo SSD + 4x Crucial P1 1TB + 2x Seagate Ironwolf 8TB 7.2k HDDs | PSU Corsair HX1200i w/ Cablemod Pro Extensions | COOLING Cooler Master TR4 ML360 | CASE Lian Li O11 Dynamic Black | LIGHTING 9x Corsair HD120 Fans, 4x Corsair Addressable RGB Strips, 2x Corsair Commander Pro | PCPP

LUCID VISIONS - CPU AMD Ryzen 9 3950X | GPU PowerColor 5700XT Liquid Devil | MOBO Crosshair VII Hero | MEMORY 64GB (4x 16GB) Trident-Z Neo @ 3733 | STORAGE Samsung 960 Pro SSD | PSU Corsair RM1000i | COOLING EKWB Custom Loop | CASE Define S2 Vision | LIGHTING 4x Fractal Prisma AL-14 Fans, Built-in RGB Strip | PCPP

Just NCASE mITX - CPU Intel Core i7 8700K @ 5.2GHz | GPU EVGA RTX 2080 Ti XC | MOBO Asus Z370-I Gaming | MEMORY 16GB (2x 8GB) G.Skill Triden-Z RGB 3000 | STORAGE Samsung 960 Evo 500GB SSD + Corsair MX500 1TB M.2 SSD | PSU Corsair SF600 | COOLING Noctua NH-U9S w/ Redux Push/Pull Fans | CASE NCase M1v5 | LIGHTING 2x Cablemod Addressable RGB Strips | PCPP

Noc Noc, Who's There? - CPU AMD Threadripper 1950X | GPU ASUS RTX 2080 Ti OC | MOBO ASRock X399M Taichi | MEMORY 32GB (4x 8GB) GSkill Trident-Z 3200 | STORAGE Samsung 970 Evo SSD | PSU Corsair HX1000i w/ Cablemod Pro B&W Kit | COOLING Noctua U9 TR4 w/ 2x Redux 92mm | CASE Corsair 280X White | FANS 6x Noctua 140mm Redux | PCPP
1 minute ago, bigmouthbob1 said:

What software would i use?

Well, common ones are Oracle VM Virtualbox, Hyper-V, ESXi, Proxmox. Some run on Windows, some are their own OS but Den-Fi is definitely right on the isolation front. Get to understand the VM software and how to make sure the VM is as isolated from the host & physical network as it can be before deliberately infecting it.

Guides & Tutorials:

Three Methods to Resetting a Windows Login Password

A Beginners Guide to Debian CLI Based File Servers

A Beginners Guide to PROXMOX

How to Use Rsync on Microsoft Windows for Cross-platform Automatic Data Replication

A How To Guide: Setting up SMB3.0 Multichannel on FreeNAS

How You can Reset Your Windows Login Password with Hiren's BootCD - (Depreciated)

Guide/Tutorial in Progress:

How to Build Your Own DAS

In the Queue:

GPU Pass-though w/ QEMU on Debian Linux

How to Setup Drive Sharing in Windows 10

How to Format a HDD/SSD in Windows

Don't see what you need? Check the Full List or *PM me, if I haven't made it I'll add it to the list.

*NOTE: I'll only add it to the list if the request is something I know I can do.

You might need to have a correct version of Windows (Like Pro etc) to run Hyper-V, but don't quote me on that. But VirtualBox should run no prob.

3 hours ago, bigmouthbob1 said:

Are there any good free VMs that you guys would recommend.

9front comes with one. Other than that, try QEMU.

Write in C.