Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheBritishVillain

What multiplayer game do you like, but SUCK at it?

Posted · Original PosterOP

It got me thinking about how that kid won $3million by winning the Fornite world champs. That kid probably earned the same amount of money from that one tournament as someone's entire working life wages. 

fornite.jpg

I certainly wish I got more into Fornite when it first released, as it wasn't as reliant on building skills at the start and would have allowed me to get better over time 😅Nevertheless, I suck at BR games (I'm too inpatient) but would love to be better at them.

What MP game would you like to be much better at?

CPU: De-lidded i7 8086K @ OC 5.1 GHz

CPU Fan: NZXT Kraken X62 Liquid Cooler

GPU: RTX 2080 Ti Zotac Gaming AMP Edition

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LED / RGB 32GB (4x8GB) @ 3200MHz

Storage (OS): Samsung 960 Evo 250GB NVMe SSD

Storage (Games): Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD

Storage (Other): Seagate Barracuda 3TB 7200RPM HDD

PSU: Corsair HX850i (Platinum)

Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z370-F ATX

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Gunmetal

Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG258Q

Overwatch. I really like playing it but, I just can't be bothered to put in the effort to be good at it. I have fun without the necessary skills. xD

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

UP THE HAMMERS & DOWN THE NAILS
MAY THE LORDS OF LIGHT BE WITH YOU
BLESSED BE
HAIL CROM
HAIL ODIN
HAIL THOR
HAIL THE MANILLAN EMPIRE
HAIL TO THE BRETHREN OF THE HAMMER

Rest in peace Mark \m/

1957-2018

I dont have problem with multiplayer, I have problem with fast reactions.

"What's under the heatsink?" ep1, "Why it's not as good as it seem?" AMD fanboy edition out, episode 2 "Why my gaming board is a scam?" Intel fanboy edition coming soon (this is a link)

Hardware specs below

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.4?V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: 1TB HP EX920 PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172), 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

GTA V because instead of abusing the MK II and explosive ammo I actually aim.

In a 1v1 with just sniper rifles and normal ammo I win 99% of the time, but there's so much bs in online that it's not even skill anymore.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: XFX R7 370 4GB with an Arctic Twin Turbo II Storage: WD Blue 1tb and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: Dell G2410T and Dell P2210 Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro S (MX Browns) with Varmillo black and grey PBT dye-sub caps Mousepad: Steelseries QcK Headset:  Sennheiser HD 4.40

I like Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft. Volvo makes the best cars.

Rainbow Six Siege. I'm just bad at spotting enemies in the environment. One minute I'm walking down a corridor, next thing I know, the vacuum cleaner and flower pot are firing Russian 5.56 greetings at me 🙄

I would say Insurgency but I literally only play co-op so I'm going to go with Overwatch. Junkrat and Zenyatta are the antichrist in that game I swear.

Main PC: sleeper OptiPlex 7010 on profile

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 8GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless card, Windows 7 Pro x64

Zeus: 2x 1266MHz PIII, Supermicro P3TDDE, 1x 512MB PC133 ECC, Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, 30GB DiamondMax Plus 8 + 80GB IBM DeskStar, Windows XP Pro SP3

On 2/26/2019 at 2:37 AM, campy said:

when my girlfriend comes over and sees my dining room and kitchen counters covered in pc parts from pre 2006 she immediately takes off her clothes

nothing sexual, she just doesnt want the nerd dust on her clothes 

16 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

I would say Insurgency

Insurgency is mental.  I thought it would be more laid back (as in not competitive) and realistic but no: peek your head out and you get tapped before the screen can refresh.

20 minutes ago, flibberdipper said:

I would say Insurgency but I literally only play co-op so I'm going to go with Overwatch. Junkrat and Zenyatta are the antichrist in that game I swear.

1 minute ago, Ethan_ said:

Insurgency is mental.  I thought it would be more laid back (as in not competitive) and realistic but no: peek your head out and you get tapped before the screen can refresh.

I haven't played Insurgency before. Is it a BR game?

2 minutes ago, TheBritishVillain said:

Military simulation shooter. Arma without vehicles basically. 

2 minutes ago, TheBritishVillain said:

No, it’s like a much more realistic CS:GO. I haven’t played the new one though

Any BR game. I'm not grass hopping type player. I prefer more action.

Main system: i7 8700k 5Ghz / Asus Prime Z370-A / Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 3000Mhz / Gigabyte RTX2080 Aorus Extreme / EVGA 750W GQ / Fractal Design Meshify C

9 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Military simulation shooter. Arma without vehicles basically. 

9 minutes ago, Ethan_ said:

No, it’s like a much more realistic CS:GO. I haven’t played the new one though

Oh, but I have barely played any of Arma really either. Is it slow paced then? Like an open-world survival game? So like a BR but more than one life?

Battlefield.

The battlefield meta is absolutely infuriating, as someone who has been playing Halo 1 and 2 on PC for over half their life, having gotten used to Halo as the default experience for an FPS game to me. I cannot play battlefield, its fast in all the wrong ways, movement mechanic meta is moreso to confuse the enemy rather than make it difficult for them to get adequate damage into you, adaptive area spawning isnt my favorite and the overpoweredness of snipers in the modern titles is just not something i can play against.

Battlefield 3 on xbox 360 i used to be pretty average at, but in bf3 every class of player was on really even grounds with one another and the maps were MOSTLY fairly close quarters. With the exception of armored kill, but ground combat on armored kill maps rarely went down without vehicles involved.

All of Battlefield 1 to me feels like the pace of the BF3 Close Quarters dlc maps but with the size of armored kill maps and everyone is rolling a sniper or something they can use to spray and pray from long distance. That didnt happen in the older titles.

IBM Thinkpad Z61t

The 10 commandments of the modern tech support forum:

-Do not use the "home" edition of any OS and then complain you cant do something OS related.

-Do not update Windows 10 if it functions normally at the time.

-For the love of god dont update Nvidia drivers beyond 10 versions past release, if it doesnt work normally by then its just screwed. If you keep going its going to eventually perform worse than it did before.

-Always update AMD drivers as for some reason they are the polar opposite and cant get their drivers to work on release but they work great 5 years later.

-Do not download any Antivirus software, Windows Defender is adequate at keeping you from being stupid, other than that you only need Common Sense 2006 edition.

-Google your problems first, the helpful people on tech support forums are just people who know how to use google.

-Dont discuss irrelevancies on tech support forums, an answer to OP's question must be the first line of your first reply to a thread, follow it with whatever.

-Dont use any software that claims to fix registry errors.

-There are more brands out there than Corsair and EVGA, at least try and be original.

-Read your own posts before you post them.

45 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'm genuinely shit at Team Fortress 2. I'll put it that way.

I used to be terrible at TF2 but ever since I first played it has been my favorite game

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - The venerated Hyper 212 Evo (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer branwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD - Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

EVGA G3 thread, BR/BT threadSeasonic Focus thread, S12II/M12II thread, Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions

1 minute ago, fasauceome said:

I used to be terrible at TF2 but ever since I first played it has been my favorite game

TF2 is one of those games where depending on how all the other players are, you might go 40 and 0 or you might go 0 and 40.

2fort games where im on 15 headshot killstreaks as a heatmaker sniper vs 2fort games where im dying every time i leave spawn because theres blackbox conch soldier with a pocket medic sitting out there waiting

IBM Thinkpad Z61t

The 10 commandments of the modern tech support forum:

-Do not use the "home" edition of any OS and then complain you cant do something OS related.

-Do not update Windows 10 if it functions normally at the time.

-For the love of god dont update Nvidia drivers beyond 10 versions past release, if it doesnt work normally by then its just screwed. If you keep going its going to eventually perform worse than it did before.

-Always update AMD drivers as for some reason they are the polar opposite and cant get their drivers to work on release but they work great 5 years later.

-Do not download any Antivirus software, Windows Defender is adequate at keeping you from being stupid, other than that you only need Common Sense 2006 edition.

-Google your problems first, the helpful people on tech support forums are just people who know how to use google.

-Dont discuss irrelevancies on tech support forums, an answer to OP's question must be the first line of your first reply to a thread, follow it with whatever.

-Dont use any software that claims to fix registry errors.

-There are more brands out there than Corsair and EVGA, at least try and be original.

-Read your own posts before you post them.

59 minutes ago, TheBritishVillain said:

Absolutely not. It's kinda like Arma/Squad and CS:GO had an arcadey mil-sim child.

49 minutes ago, TheBritishVillain said:

Is it slow paced then? Like an open-world survival game? So like a BR but more than one life?

Pacing seriously depends entirely on the map and how serious the people on the server are taking it. Most of the time it just ends up being "rush b bylat" but sometimes you do end up with people that at least try. Generally checkpoint is taken less seriously than skirmish (iirc destroying three enemy weapon caches).

If you wanna give them a shot I'd highly recommend picking the source version up and playing co-op (Sernix and Bot Massacre servers are great). Sandstorm doesn't have custom servers with a ton of mods like Source so if you're more into "pure" and somewhat more serious gameplay then that one would be a bit better.

1 hour ago, Ethan_ said:

If you ever want pure asshole torture Sernix servers are fantastic at it, especially when it's a full house. Full lobby of 18 players and difficult bots can be incredibly difficult, especially when you're last man standing. Too bad their servers seem to have died super hard when BM servers gained traction.

Main PC: sleeper OptiPlex 7010 on profile

Laptop: Latitude E4310 w/ i5 580M, 8GB RAM, 120GB 840 EVO, Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300 wireless card, Windows 7 Pro x64

Zeus: 2x 1266MHz PIII, Supermicro P3TDDE, 1x 512MB PC133 ECC, Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB, 30GB DiamondMax Plus 8 + 80GB IBM DeskStar, Windows XP Pro SP3

On 2/26/2019 at 2:37 AM, campy said:

when my girlfriend comes over and sees my dining room and kitchen counters covered in pc parts from pre 2006 she immediately takes off her clothes

nothing sexual, she just doesnt want the nerd dust on her clothes 

Sucks? None. Not good enough competitively? All of them. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

2 hours ago, Genwyn said:

TF2 is one of those games where depending on how all the other players are, you might go 40 and 0 or you might go 0 and 40.

2fort games where im on 15 headshot killstreaks as a heatmaker sniper vs 2fort games where im dying every time i leave spawn because theres blackbox conch soldier with a pocket medic sitting out there waiting

Ah yes, 2Fort, the map where people go to carve their own face off.

Then again, so is Hightower, but even moreso because at least half the server is complaining about capping or the shitty Pan and Ham meme.

Volume / Normalized 100% / 89% (content loudness 1.0dB)

Local VHS collector and video capture amateur. I'm gay but that's not a redeeming personality trait for me.

@Dan Castellaneta x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Tyler :^

5 hours ago, Bobthebob said:

CS:GO :(

I got like 3 grand worth of skins but I'm still in silver

Haha, I feel you. In the same boat as you. I have wasted so much money on skins despite being absolute shit at the game...

I'm actually content with my skill level. If there was a magic genie with the ability to make me the best at any one multiplayer game, I'd pick chess. Just for the satisfaction of beating computers again.