Using Freesync causes startup issues w/ monitor

Go to solution Solved by Guest,

I was able to fix this problem by going into AMD Radeon settings > Display > Specs > Override > Disable HDCP support.

I've got a Samsung C27FG70 using the Display Port cable it came with which is giving me some problems.

If I have the monitor set to use Freesync, after I restart my PC I get a completely blank screen or sometimes it says it's set to the wrong resolution (completely random as to which I get). I have to power cycle it to work again, and sometimes I have to power cycle it several times. Then when I log in I get the following message from AMD's Radeon Settings "Error: The system has detected a link failure and cannot set the requested resolution... [etc]" I hadn't gotten this issue until Windows 10 1806. (running 1903 now)

The resolution, refresh rate, and Freesync seem to be working fine after this power cycle though. If I don't have Freesync enabled and just set it to 144Hz I don't have this problem. This is more of an inconvenience rather than a experience-breaking problem I haven't been able to figure out for a while now. Thinking since this was the first version of this monitor they hadn't gotten the bugs worked out or I got a bunk monitor. I ordered it exactly a year ago so there's no chance of returning it.

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to fix this problem by going into AMD Radeon settings > Display > Specs > Override > Disable HDCP support.