I got my eyes on this G915 Wireless

Turtle Rig

This is the sexiest keyboard I have ever seen.  I use a 910 but 915 keys are really thin mine are normal.  Must have a amazing feel.  250 dollars for the wireless and 200 dollars for the wired.  Game play is 30 hours on keyboard and what not. Logitech 915 Logitech 915 wireless

Also the keys as you can see are low profile ,,  :)  Is it really worth dropping 250 bones on this.  Will it be worth it ?

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

well... more and more of us are getting into the custom space, maybe that's worth a look?

36 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well... more and more of us are getting into the custom space, maybe that's worth a look?

Im so sorry Luke wtf is custom space ?  What do you think of the keyboard ?  Man 250 bones for a keyboard,, sheeez that costs more then a CPU.. weird!

Asus Sabertooth x79 / 4930k @ 4500 @ 1.408v / Gigabyte WF 2080 RTX / Corsair VG 64GB @ 1866 & AX1600i & H115i Pro @ 2x Noctua NF-A14 / Carbide 330r Blackout

Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface / KRK Rokits 10" / Sennheiser HD 650 / Logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse & G915 Linear & G935 & C920 / SL 88 Grand / Cakewalk / NF-A14 Int P12 Ex
AOC 40" 4k Curved / LG 55" OLED C9 120hz / LaCie Porsche Design 2TB & 500GB / Samsung 950 Pro 500GB / 850 Pro 500GB / Crucial m4 500GB / Asus M.2 Card

1 minute ago, Turtle Rig said:

Im so sorry Luke wtf is custom space ?  What do you think of the keyboard ?  Man 250 bones for a keyboard,, sheeez that costs more then a CPU.. weird!

well... it's not money i'd spend, as i personally like them higher profile, and can't spend that much on a keyboard. but that's me

people make keyboards out of parts, just like with pc's, you have them with hotswap bays, custom keycaps and everything

9 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

well... it's not money i'd spend, as i personally like them higher profile, and can't spend that much on a keyboard. but that's me

people make keyboards out of parts, just like with pc's, you have them with hotswap bays, custom keycaps and everything

Ok this keyboard is so sexy Im gonna shell out 250 bones and buy it.  Sad it costs more then a CPU lol.

Just now, Turtle Rig said:

Ok this keyboard is so sexy Im gonna shell out 250 bones and buy it.  Sad it costs more then a CPU lol.

i'm just going to show you one example, then you can go on if you want, this one is from @seoz

15 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Man 250 bones for a keyboard,, sheeez that costs more then a CPU.. weird!

Wait until you look at prices for artisan custom keyboards...

As for the Logitech G915 Lightspeed, it's currently on pre-order so you won't be able to buy it and use it right now, you have a couple of days/weeks to decide.

The Logitech G915 Lightspeed itself uses the Kailh low-profile Choc switches in linear, tactile, and clicky options. It's equivalent to red, brown, and blue MX switches respectively.

It will be up to you if you like the low-profile key switches, as remember that if you ever want a custom set of keycaps, they will need to be Kailh Choc low-profile compatible.

I'd say wait for some more reviews and then make your decision. What worries me is if you haven't used low-profile switches before and might regret it, but returns exist if you ever decide you don't like it if you choose to buy it.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

19 minutes ago, seoz said:

Wait until you look at prices for artisan custom keyboards...

As for the Logitech G915 Lightspeed, it's currently on pre-order so you won't be able to buy it and use it right now, you have a couple of days/weeks to decide.

The Logitech G915 Lightspeed itself uses the Kailh low-profile Choc switches in linear, tactile, and clicky options. It's equivalent to red, brown, and blue MX switches respectively.

It will be up to you if you like the low-profile key switches, as remember that if you ever want a custom set of keycaps, they will need to be Kailh Choc low-profile compatible.

I'd say wait for some more reviews and then make your decision. What worries me is if you haven't used low-profile switches before and might regret it, but returns exist if you ever decide you don't like it if you choose to buy it.

Thank you seoz and thanks as always Luke to the rescue.  I just saw a preview for the clicky type.  There is that and linear and tactile.  I have no idea what this means.  I had a Razer POS mechnical keyboard and that was soo nasty,, like a freakin type writer and I couldn't type properly them until IL got my Logitech keyboard and I love the feel much better then the Razer Chroma type writer style.  I believe I will adopt this low profile Clicky.  Im assuming tactile has loud type writer sound while linear is not much sound and clicky is nice I saw a review on utube and it sounds nice,, not all type writer like and what not.  I got this keyboard I have now and fell in love with it instantly as I had been a Razer keyboard guy for eons!!!!  250 bucks is a lot that is CPU money for a keyboard lol.

Can I ask you both seoz and Luke which one should I get.  I don't like fully type writer sounds as my old Razer had.  This 910 is not clicky and its just enough.  If I want to keep the same style mechnical,, then which will give sound closest to a 910.  Clicky or Linear or Tactile ? 

Thank you seoz and thanks as always Luke to the rescue.  I just saw a preview for the clicky type.  There is that and linear and tactile.  I have no idea what this means.  I have a Razer POS mechnical keyboard and that was soo nasty,, like a freakin type writer and I couldn't type properly them until IL got my Logitech keyboard and I love the feel much better then the Razer Chroma type writer style.  I believe I will adopt this low profile Clicky.  Im assuming tactile has loud type writer sound while linear is not much sound and clicky is nice I saw a review on utube and it sounds nice,, not all type writer like and what not.  I got this keyboard I have now and fell in love with it instantly as I had been a Razer keyboard guy for eons!!!!  250 bucks is a lot that is CPU money for a keyboard lol.

No worries, I can explain all three types of switches for you in simplistic terms;

• Linear = Pressing down on the switch is completely smooth with no bump, hence 'linear', actuation is straight down. Think Cherry MX Red for this. Linears are faily quiet and you only ever hear the 'clack' from when you bottom out the switch.
  • Tactile = Pressing down has a slight bump that you need to overcome before the switch actuates. Think Cherry MX Brown for this. Not all tactiles are supremely loud and clicky.
  • Clicky = Tactile switches that tend to have a heavier click jacket or bar that resonates a loud click, hence clicky. Think Cherry MX Blue for this.

Yeah, 250 bucks for that G915 is a little steep, but you're paying for Logitech hardware as well as customer service and excellent software, as well as it being marketed for gamers so of course there's going to be that gamer tax added on.

6 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

Can I ask you both seoz and Luke which one should I get.  I don't like fully type writer sounds as my old Razer had.  This 910 is not clicky and its just enough.  If I want to keep the same style mechnical,, then which will give sound closest to a 910.  Clicky or Linear or Tactile ? 

If you like clicky switches, you would have to go clicky switches for the G915, otherwise the linears and tactiles will be for you in terms of noise.

Also, noise isn't everything, you might find you don't like the tactile bump from the clicky switches, you have to be comfortable with the typing experience as well as the sound. Just food for thought for you there.

I pulled the trigger.  I bought it from amazon it says 1 to 2 months,, but I hope its out by this month.  I got the clicky type

6 hours ago, seoz said:

No worries, I can explain all three types of switches for you in simplistic terms;

• Linear = Pressing down on the switch is completely smooth with no bump, hence 'linear', actuation is straight down. Think Cherry MX Red for this. Linears are faily quiet and you only ever hear the 'clack' from when you bottom out the switch.
  • Tactile = Pressing down has a slight bump that you need to overcome before the switch actuates. Think Cherry MX Brown for this. Not all tactiles are supremely loud and clicky.
  • Clicky = Tactile switches that tend to have a heavier click jacket or bar that resonates a loud click, hence clicky. Think Cherry MX Blue for this.

Yeah, 250 bucks for that G915 is a little steep, but you're paying for Logitech hardware as well as customer service and excellent software, as well as it being marketed for gamers so of course there's going to be that gamer tax added on.

If you like clicky switches, you would have to go clicky switches for the G915, otherwise the linears and tactiles will be for you in terms of noise.

Also, noise isn't everything, you might find you don't like the tactile bump from the clicky switches, you have to be comfortable with the typing experience as well as the sound. Just food for thought for you there.

Wow thank you.  So basically Iinear and tactile have low click noise or higher click nose then the clicky ?  The video I watched on utube he was using Clicky ,, and it sounded just right.  Not to loud and not mute either.

I bought the clicky but I can always change my order since it doesn't ship yet.  I got clicky.  What is the 910 clicky ? or linear or tactile  ....... I want to be as close as possible to this 910 I have.

I don't like that clicky noise.  The 910 is perfect for me.  Which 915 would I need to get.  I just bought the clicky but can cancel that order and get either linear and tactile.  I want it to sound like my 910 basically.  For that do I need clicky or linear or tactile ???

So basically Iinear and tactile have low click noise or higher click nose then the clicky ?  The video I watched on utube he was using Clicky ,, and it sounded just right.  Not to loud and not mute either.

Yes. Linear and tactile have low noise signatures compared to clicky which typically has extremely loud clicky sound signature.

3 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

I bought the clicky but I can always change my order since it doesn't ship yet.  I got clicky.  What is the 910 clicky ? or linear or tactile  ....... I want to be as close as possible to this 910 I have.

I don't know a lot about the Logitech G910. I Googled it real quick after reading your response and based off the version I searched - the Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum - it uses Romer-G switches which are manufactured by Omron and are similar to Cherry MX Reds. Cherry MX Reds are not switchy by any means, but based off sound tests off the keyboard, the Romer-G switches do sound quite clicky but not as clicky as what you'd find on Cherry MX Blues.

Feel free to advise me if your G910 uses different switches as I am literally just searching this as I go along.

2 minutes ago, seoz said:

I don't know a lot about the Logitech G910. I Googled it real quick after reading your response and based off the version I searched - the Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum - it uses Romer-G switches which are manufactured by Omron and are similar to Cherry MX Reds. Cherry MX Reds are not switchy by any means, but based off sound tests off the keyboard, the Romer-G switches do sound quite clicky but not as clicky as what you'd find on Cherry MX Blues.

I've found Romer Gs to be more similar to Browns mixed with membrane.  Last time I tried them in a store there was a heavy bump (much further down than Browns) and then they felt mushy after it but this was a fairly abused display.

1 minute ago, Ethan_ said:

I've found Romer Gs to be more similar to Browns mixed with membrane.  Last time I tried them in a store there was a heavy bump (much further down than Browns) and then they felt mushy after it but this was a fairly abused display.

Interesting, glad you commented on your experience with the Romer-G switches as I have zero with them! I do hear the Romer G switches are extremely mushy after the bump like the membrane you mentioned.

Regardig the display, I'd say if the switches are meant to last, they won't wear even after that much abuse.

6 minutes ago, seoz said:

Yes. Linear and tactile have low noise signatures compared to clicky which typically has extremely loud clicky sound signature.

Feel free to advise me if your G910 uses different switches as I am literally just searching this as I go along.

Thank you soo much seoz and Ethan.  Well my current 910 is nothing compared to the type writer clicky I had with Razer BlacWidow.  So if I want the 915 click to sound like 910 click then I get linear or tactile as this keyboard I have now is not clicky with the Romer G switches as you were talking about.  Do I choose linear or tactile.  I want to here some click noise not all silent and what not.  But I don't want that type writer clicking noise,,  Then you suggest LInear or Tactile coming from a 910 Romero switches ?

Just now, Turtle Rig said:

So if I want the 915 click to sound like 910 click then I get linear or tactile as this keyboard I have now is not clicky with the Romer G switches as you were talking about.  Do I choose linear or tactile.

If you want some slight noise, tactile is your way to go as linears are nearly silent minus the bottom-out 'clack'.

Do bear in mind that linear versus tactile feel different, one is a smooth actuation and the other has a bump before the actuation, which is good for typing but might get annoying for gaming.

I think the tactile switches would suit you best.  They won't be the same as RomerG's but they are the rough equivelant to them in that switch type.

5 hours ago, Ethan_ said:

I think the tactile switches would suit you best.  They won't be the same as RomerG's but they are the rough equivelant to them in that switch type.

Wow thank you Ethan and seoz once again.  You gave me the answer I was looking for.   Im going to cancel the order and order the Tactile.  Thank you for your knowledge guys.. love you both!!!! 250 bones is a lot I just wanna make sure it comes and I hate it.  But I will  go with Tactile as seoz and Ethan recommended.  Thanks again Tactile it is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok I changed my order to the Tactile...  On Logitech site it says Linear is the smoothest which Im assuming less click sound.  I will stick with my tactile order.  Thank you

6 minutes ago, Turtle Rig said:

On Logitech site it says Linear is the smoothest which Im assuming less click sound.

You'd be right. While being the smooth, linears produce no click due to their smooth nature.

I personally use NovelKeys Creams which are the best linear switch I've ever used and it's quiet with of course the clack sound from bottoming-out keys.

1 minute ago, seoz said:

You'd be right. While being the smooth, linears produce no click due to their smooth nature.

I personally use NovelKeys Creams which are the best linear switch I've ever used and it's quiet with of course the clack sound from bottoming-out keys.

Thank you again..... I decided to go with Linear ..... I heard the Romero G linear and that reminds me of my 910..... so Im going to go linear as I dont like clicky typewriter feel.

1 hour ago, Turtle Rig said:

Thank you again..... I decided to go with Linear ..... I heard the Romero G linear and that reminds me of my 910..... so Im going to go linear as I dont like clicky typewriter feel.

Nice choice, linears feel nicer for gaming for me which I assume you'll be doing a lot of considering you're eyeing up a Logitech gaming keyboard.

Do remember that the Logitech G915 uses low-profile switches, so the lower switches as well as the keycaps might take some getting used to.

4 hours ago, seoz said:

Nice choice, linears feel nicer for gaming for me which I assume you'll be doing a lot of considering you're eyeing up a Logitech gaming keyboard.

Do remember that the Logitech G915 uses low-profile switches, so the lower switches as well as the keycaps might take some getting used to.

Thanks seoz for all your help.  I bought the Linear and thank you for explaining to me each type.  Now perhaps I upgrade my mouse, but I have no reason to.  I bought for 8 bucks lizard grip for sides and top two buttons so you have a grip and its anti sweat... for 8 bucks it was well worth it,, its tape thin very thin and you put it on for grip,,, very cool!