How the hell do you make iCUE macros?

KING OF THE DIRTY DANS

I have tried to follow the Corsair Tutorial, but this software makes no sense.

I just want to make macros for Java's "System.out.println();" and Vectors in C++.

How exactly do I do that

image.png.0627198f198978c6d0b0eb2c97ecd253.png

i7 6700k, GTX 1080, Crucial MX 300, Maximus VII Hero, WD Blue, 16 GB RAM

Seems like the software changed a bit, but looks like you should hit that red button under the record settings panel and just do whatever macro action you want. Then afterwards you assign it to a key.

Alternatively, I know some JAVA IDE's have a shortcut for println. you first type 'sout' (without parenthesis) and then press TAB.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

19 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Seems like the software changed a bit, but looks like you should hit that red button under the record settings panel and just do whatever macro action you want. Then afterwards you assign it to a key.

I followed the Video, it doesn't work. The software is shit

Just now, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

I followed the Video, it doesn't work. The software is shit

Corsair's software is not known to be super great.. But even making a macro should just work..

image.png.4bb5ab3ff700b13d9073ef7adf560e47.png

Maybe the button on the left with the '1' does something, since it is not grayed out. But I think the button with the '2' above it is where you initiate the recording of the macro.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 minutes ago, Minibois said:

Corsair's software is not known to be super great.. But even making a macro should just work..

image.png.4bb5ab3ff700b13d9073ef7adf560e47.png

Maybe the button on the left with the '1' does something, since it is not grayed out. But I think the button with the '2' above it is where you initiate the recording of the macro.

Kinda looks like the button under 1 would initiiate e new macro, which then opened you could record in.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

2 minutes ago, HanZie82 said:

Kinda looks like the button under 1 would initiiate e new macro, which then opened you could record in.

1 just adds delay to it. 

1 minute ago, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

1 just adds delay to it. 

Oh, :( how unfortunate. Sorry.
Then ill have to agree with your earlier statement about the shittieness oft he application.

When i ask for more specs, don't expect me to know the answer!
I'm just helping YOU to help YOURSELF!
(The more info you give the easier it is for others to help you out!)

Not willing to capitulate to the ignorance of the masses!

40 minutes ago, KING OF THE DIRTY DANS said:

I have tried to follow the Corsair Tutorial, but this software makes no sense.

I just want to make macros for Java's "System.out.println();" and Vectors in C++.

How exactly do I do that

Maybe @Corsair Nick could help you?

Edited by noxdeouroboros

Are you planning to utilize delays and mouse clicks in the text output you're creating?  If not, I'd recommend using the "Text" option from the dropdown instead of "Macro."  Try performing the following steps and see if it outputs correctly:

1. Select "Text" from the action drop down in iCUE
  2. Copy and Paste or retype the command you specified above into the Text Box
  3. Left click on the product picture above to select the key you want to apply the action to
  4. Open Notepad or any typing software, and press the respective key.  It should output the line of text you specified.

Let me know if that doesn't work, and we can take a deeper drive.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

9 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

Are you planning to utilize delays and mouse clicks in the text output you're creating?  If not, I'd recommend using the "Text" option from the dropdown instead of "Macro."  Try performing the following steps and see if it outputs correctly:

1. Select "Text" from the action drop down in iCUE
  2. Copy and Paste or retype the command you specified above into the Text Box
  3. Left click on the product picture above to select the key you want to apply the action to
  4. Open Notepad or any typing software, and press the respective key.  It should output the line of text you specified.

Let me know if that doesn't work, and we can take a deeper drive.

It didn't work. Sorry its not

Ok, couple questions.  Are you using a Virtual PC or Remote Desktop?  And if you go into device manager, under the Human Interface Devices tab, does it list a "Corsair virtual input device" with an error?  Also, which version number of iCUE do you have installed?

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/