PC won’t boot

star_pilot475

Hello guys sorry to spam the forums but my PC won’t boot. When I hit the power button, the fans rev up and continue spinning but the PC doesn’t turn on. Can anybody help? 

I got a ps5 and a pc pretty ballin

• Check that the CPU power cable is properly inserted.
  • Try testing only 1 stick of RAM. 
  • If your CPU has on-board graphics, try using those instead of a dedicated GPU's ports. 

3 minutes ago, vK 3 1 RON said:
  • Check that the CPU power cable is properly inserted.
  • Try testing only 1 stick of RAM. 
  • If your CPU has on-board graphics, try using those instead of a dedicated GPU's ports. 

Just got it working thanks for the tips. Clearing CMOS managed to get it to boot. 

Alright now I shut it off and it’s back to not booting. I’ve tried clearing CMOS and it’s not working. Might I need a new CMOS battery? Or do you think it’s a different issue? @vK 3 1 RON Any ideas? 

edit: also, even the fans aren’t spinning now. 

Edited by star_pilot475

Umm... Make sure the CMOS is fully inserted. Check that the motherboard cable is connected... What's the PSU you're using? By not booting, is nothing happening when you're pressing the power button? Or are you just not getting a post?

On 8/18/2019 at 12:18 PM, vK 3 1 RON said:

Umm... Make sure the CMOS is fully inserted. Check that the motherboard cable is connected... What's the PSU you're using? By not booting, is nothing happening when you're pressing the power button? Or are you just not getting a post?

Tried those things, I’m using a CX500 (I know everyone's opinion on this unit). Yes you’re correct, nothing was happening when pressing the power button. I swapped hard drives and managed to get it to boot that way. I don’t know what’s going on but thanks for your help.