BACKLIT LEDS WONT WORK ON KEYBOARD

Thekiddg

I just bought this new backlit gaming keyboard and the lights wont come on but the keyboard works fine please help me i dont know how to fix it i tried pressing the lightbulb button and it dont work 

Name of keyboard : Lifeworks samurai gaming keyboard

Serial number: 190102301

Model Number: LW-BL-GK1008B

FCC ID: BCTC: 14064698

YES ITS A WIRED KEYBOARD

9 minutes ago, Thekiddg said:

I just bought this new backlit gaming keyboard and the lights wont come on but the keyboard works fine please help me i dont know how to fix it i tried pressing the lightbulb button and it dont work 

Name of keyboard : Lifeworks samurai gaming keyboard

Serial number: 190102301

Model Number: LW-BL-GK1008B

FCC ID: BCTC: 14064698

YES ITS A WIRED KEYBOARD

Does it need software to be installed?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Does it need software to be installed?

I Didnt get a manual all i did was plug it in and some drivers downloaded and it started working except the Backlit Leds

Looking at the very low quality picture on the literal only website I've found that sells this keyboard...

Does the Scroll Lock key have the LED brightness icon on it? Maybe it has to do with that....

Either that or "lighting effect" is basically just colored paint on the keyboard, I dunno.

https://www.abcwarehouse.com/lifeworks-lwgk1008b

... Looking at the sole review "win key is in a terrible spot" wtf? Is the keyboard different from the one pictured? Looks perfectly fine to me.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

1 hour ago, TetraSky said:

Looking at the very low quality picture on the literal only website I've found that sells this keyboard...

Does the Scroll Lock key have the LED brightness icon on it? Maybe it has to do with that....

Either that or "lighting effect" is basically just colored paint on the keyboard, I dunno.

https://www.abcwarehouse.com/lifeworks-lwgk1008b

... Looking at the sole review "win key is in a terrible spot" wtf? Is the keyboard different from the one pictured? Looks perfectly fine to me.

its made exactly like that but its different tho it only has a windows key on the left side and a FN button on the right side

1 minute ago, TetraSky said:

I saw/thought that too. Only thing I could think of is the reviewer wasn't used to the secondary Win key on the right hand side of the space bar and somehow didn't notice the left hand side one? :S

28 minutes ago, Thekiddg said:

I Didnt get a manual all i did was plug it in and some drivers downloaded and it started working except the Backlit Leds

If there are not any instructions and there are no obvious buttons/switches to turn it on, I guess it's entirely possible it is broken. I would personally return this Keyboard and get a basic Logitech keyboard for a much better overall experience.

Just now, Thekiddg said:

its made exactly like that but its different tho it only has a windows key on the left side and a FN button on the right side

So try FN + Scroll Lock ? (Or whichever other button that has the brightness icon on it, it looks like a cogwheel/mini sun)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

So try FN + Scroll Lock ? (Or whichever other button that has the brightness icon on it, it looks like a cogwheel/mini sun)

go on my twitter @ThekiddDesigns i posted what the keyboard looked like i spent 20$ for this thinking it would be a good price and work fine

1 hour ago, Display_Name said:

I saw/thought that too. Only thing I could think of is the reviewer wasn't used to the secondary Win key on the right hand side of the space bar and somehow didn't notice the left hand side one? :S

If there are not any instructions and there are no obvious buttons/switches to turn it on, I guess it's entirely possible it is broken. I would personally return this Keyboard and get a basic Logitech keyboard for a much better overall experience.

any good keyboards for 20$?

Just now, Thekiddg said:

any good keyboards for 20$?

There's a lightbulb right beside the FN button. Does that do anything? What about if it's combined with the Fn button?

There's a lightbulb right beside the FN button. Does that do anything? What about if it's combined with the Fn button?

yeah nothing happens when i do that

6 minutes ago, Thekiddg said:

yeah nothing happens when i do that

Return it then, clearly defective.

Return it then, clearly defective.

Ok it was they last one i really needed a keyboard aswell ill just hope i can find another one there tommrrow

• 4 months later...

I hope Im not too late but there should be a button on the top right called scroll lock, It turned on the lights for me

• 4 months later...

This is late, but will probably still be helpful in the future. I also could not get this keyboard to work and assumed it was defective.  I then booted into Windows and saw that it indeed worked.  I booted back into LinuxMint and found this Stack Exchange answer: https://askubuntu.com/questions/586210/no-keyboard-backlighting

Solved it for me like magic