Amazon is selling gas for 30 cents to promote Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and police had to intervene

Flying Sausages
3 hours ago, Jito463 said:

People have been crying about the end of oil supplies since the 60's, funny how we keep finding more.

That’s because they find oil other places. Like in the depths of the ocean. Then you have fucked up shit like deep water horizon happen. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 hours ago, Jito463 said:

People have been crying about the end of oil supplies since the 60's, funny how we keep finding more.

That... doesn't really address the emissions issue, or make it okay to keep exploiting that resource.

1 hour ago, Commodus said:

That... doesn't really address the emissions issue, or make it okay to keep exploiting that resource.

I didn't originally intend to quote you in that comment, but since I did, I'll try to address your post.  Emissions complaints are overrated, in my opinion.  Maybe in the days of smog alerts (i.e. Los Angeles and New York in the 80's & 90's) you could make a case for it, but those days are thankfully far behind us.  Emissions are already significantly better than 30-40 years ago.

As for exploiting it, what other resource can do what oil can with such a plentiful supply?  And with modern refinement capabilities, the amount of usable material from each barrel only increases.  Unless a reliable and sustainable replacement becomes available, oil is in our foreseeable future.

7 hours ago, Jito463 said:

It's almost like oil is made from a natural, continuous process that our usage doesn't outpace.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

We could always implement policies that reduce petrol usage, but I guess that would be full-blown  communism.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

6 hours ago, Drak3 said:

It's almost like oil is made from a natural, continuous process that our usage doesn't outpace.

Meanwhile somewhere in the US:

shaleexperts.com/plays/wolfcamp-shale/Overview

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

21 hours ago, Jito463 said:

They weren't wrong. That's not a good thing either.