Amazon is selling gas for 30 cents to promote Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, and police had to intervene

Flying Sausages
20 hours ago, Haaselh0ff said:

Can Gas be this cheap all the time?

Theoretically yes. We only arbitrarily place a high value on dead dinosaurs.  

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

9 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

HOWEVER, I still think buying a car from the factory spec'd out is probably going to be cheaper than any medical emergencies I'll have in the US.

picks car over healthcare* 

Lol

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

8 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

Well I WANTED to move to Germany since I have Citizenship.... Now I'm rethinking that decision...

Well... Move to France and become a Jacky ^o^

Spoiler

18446499_1056806931120071_87684740178848

Spoiler

45527683_2129102030671723_35903102696512

Spoiler

img-1193690cc5.jpg?v=6

30 minutes ago, rcmaehl said:

Well I WANTED to move to Germany since I have Citizenship.... Now I'm rethinking that decision...

HOWEVER, I still think buying a car from the factory spec'd out is probably going to be cheaper than any medical emergencies I'll have in the US.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

german cars out of warranty are known to be massive moneypits, especially the special models.

But then again, medical bills are a MASSIVE difference and in the end you can decide how cheap or expensive you go with a car, not really possible when it comes to health.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

9 hours ago, rcmaehl said:

And yet Europe gets all the good high powered VWs and Audi.

Image result for it's not fair star wars

We also have cars that will push 80 MPG. Fuel costs and stupidly tight emissions regulations forced manufacturers to do everything they can to get more power from smaller engines whilst using less fuel. That development also ends up in the larger engined cars so we get fast cars that can sip fuel when taking it easy.

Not really an issue in the US of A with 7.6 litre engines in family cars that have enough torque to tow a house, but only ever get used for taking rabid children to the weekly anti-vax meeting.

56 minutes ago, Curious Pineapple said:

We also have cars that will push 80 MPG. Fuel costs and stupidly tight emissions regulations forced manufacturers to do everything they can to get more power from smaller engines whilst using less fuel. That development also ends up in the larger engined cars so we get fast cars that can sip fuel when taking it easy.

Not really an issue in the US of A with 7.6 litre engines in family cars that have enough torque to tow a house, but only ever get used for taking rabid children to the weekly anti-vax meeting.

I find it kinda ridiculous especially with BMW and Mercedes selling high end cars using a 4 cylinder engine, IMO if you can afford a luxury car you afford the I6/V6 or V8 fuel cost. And the USA is huge, a car with a 1 liter engine is really inadequate if you need to do anything besides city driving, and the MPG isn't going to be great because the turbo has to be in boost to keep up with traffic.

2 hours ago, Cora_Lie said:

Well... Move to France and become a Jacky ^o^

Hide contents

18446499_1056806931120071_87684740178848

Hide contents

45527683_2129102030671723_35903102696512

Hide contents

img-1193690cc5.jpg?v=6

I don't think I'll go THAT far but I've been considering getting a PCMR/LTT wrap on my station wagon for LTX 2020

PLEASE QUOTE ME IF YOU ARE REPLYING TO ME

Desktop Build: Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.0GHz, AsRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming, 48GB Corsair DDR4 @ 3000MHz, RX5700 XT 8GB Sapphire Nitro+, Benq XL2730 1440p 144Hz FS

Retro Build: Intel Pentium III @ 500 MHz, Dell Optiplex G1 Full AT Tower, 768MB SDRAM @ 133MHz, Integrated Graphics, Generic 1024x768 60Hz Monitor

8 hours ago, samcool55 said:

Well we don't have demons or hemi's over here so I guess that goes both ways.

Also the car tuning scene here is dead because they regulated the crap out of it and almost nothing is allowed.

We are allowed to do a handful of mods and they are insanely regulated it's not even funny.

Better brakes? Only the disk, the claw is not allowed.

Changing the steering wheel? Unlikely, you are not allowed to mess with airbags.

Anything to make your car wider? Nope.

Mounting a start button? Nope.

Anything to make your car faster? Nope.

And a lot of other things.

We basically HAVE to get a high powered car from the factory if we want one because anything that's even somewhat DIY is not allowed.

If you mod your car in illegal ways and cops catch you, the cops take it away from you and that does happen.

don't forget euro series, cause fuck you if you want an old/vintage car

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

13 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

I find it kinda ridiculous especially with BMW and Mercedes selling high end cars using a 4 cylinder engine, IMO if you can afford a luxury car you afford the I6/V6 or V8 fuel cost. And the USA is huge, a car with a 1 liter engine is really inadequate if you need to do anything besides city driving, and the MPG isn't going to be great because the turbo has to be in boost to keep up with traffic.

Maybe instead of just making the engine bigger they actually put work into getting more power from what they have. If you think you need a v8 to get 400 BHP you're living in the 50's ;)

On 8/16/2019 at 2:16 AM, kuddlesworth9419 said:

If petrol wasn't so heavily taxed the cost of petrol wouldn't ever be an issue. 

California gladly voted for those taxes

Yeah because screw the environment and the infrastructure.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

On 8/15/2019 at 4:43 PM, Haaselh0ff said:

Can Gas be this cheap all the time? And can Amazon do it in my state?

I wish they could it Canada. I pay on average 1.30 $CAD per litre for 91 octane (which is generally pretty cheap depending on where you go in the country) so thats around 5 $CAD per gallon...

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

On 8/15/2019 at 11:14 PM, Salv8 (sam) said:

police: oi! geta here! you fucken causing some traffic jams round here!

Read this in OzzyManReviews' voice.

No regrets.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Whether it's 50 years or 500, humans are gonna have to learn to give the stuff up in most parts of life anyway. Earth doesn't have an unlimited supply and even if it did the environment is fucked if we continue for much longer.

On 8/17/2019 at 12:29 AM, suicidalfranco said:

don't forget euro series, cause fuck you if you want an old/vintage car

I have an old car with an anti-environment knob. Pull it out and it throws large quantities of smoke out of the back whilst throwing rocks and polar bears. I don't think the Euro emissions spec ever went this low but I can still drive it anywhere in Europe ;) (until October 31st)

2 hours ago, Curious Pineapple said:

I have an old car with an anti-environment knob. Pull it out and it throws large quantities of smoke out of the back whilst throwing rocks and polar bears. I don't think the Euro emissions spec ever went this low but I can still drive it anywhere in Europe ;) (until October 31st)

my problem is mostly it being, at least here in italy, that it's not just that fact you can longer buy oldies but that you also get heavily fined if you are cought driving one

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

23 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

my problem is mostly it being, at least here in italy, that it's not just that fact you can longer buy oldies but that you also get heavily fined if you are cought driving one

Like it or not, I think that might be necessary... collectively, those older cars add up to a lot of emissions.  And we're at a point where a leisurely pace in emissions reduction isn't really an option.

On 8/15/2019 at 10:09 PM, Chett_Manly said:

Everyone fighting to get in that line better be some poor parent who will take that $50 in savings for a full tank and be able buy their kid a birthday gift. Otherwise they need to really rethink their priorities.

I bet that the ideal person is nowhere near there.  It's rich/wealthy people and upper middle class people in debt up to their eyeballs in BMW's screaming at people while waiting.

7 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

We pay less to drive older cars in the UK. Taxation is zero, classic insurance is dirt cheap and we don't have stupid restictions on modifications so using alternative parts to keep them going is easy to do.

On 8/19/2019 at 12:15 AM, Curious Pineapple said:

We pay less to drive older cars in the UK. Taxation is zero, classic insurance is dirt cheap and we don't have stupid restictions on modifications so using alternative parts to keep them going is easy to do.

wish we could have that here too. Which is weird that we don't considering the country's history with the motor industry

On 8/15/2019 at 9:46 PM, Donut417 said:

No it can’t, shit 30 cents is about how much tax Michigan tacks on to gas. That doesn’t take in the account federal taxes. 

If gas was any cheaper we wouldn't be able to fix our roads! Oh, wait, we're unable to anyway. We need to start smoking more weed to pay for these roads.

2 hours ago, theninja35 said:

If gas was any cheaper we wouldn't be able to fix our roads! Oh, wait, we're unable to anyway. We need to start smoking more weed to pay for these roads.

Yeah it looks like she’s not going to fix the damn roads. The problem with weed is some local governments are against it. So that makes it harder for dispensary’s. On the record I don’t smoke anything. But I’m ok with legal weed because the tax revenue can help pay for roads or maybe some decent upgrades to education.

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

23 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

wish we could have that here too. Which is weird that we don't considering the country's history with the motor industry

Maybe they don't want broken down cars littering the roads ;)

I can say that, I own what may be one of Alfa Romeo's last "unreliable" cars.

On 8/17/2019 at 6:54 PM, Joko said:

Whether it's 50 years or 500, humans are gonna have to learn to give the stuff up in most parts of life anyway. Earth doesn't have an unlimited supply and even if it did the environment is fucked if we continue for much longer.

On 8/18/2019 at 9:55 AM, Commodus said:

Like it or not, I think that might be necessary... collectively, those older cars add up to a lot of emissions.  And we're at a point where a leisurely pace in emissions reduction isn't really an option.

People have been crying about the end of oil supplies since the 60's, funny how we keep finding more.

43 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

People have been crying about the end of oil supplies since the 60's, funny how we keep finding more.

and here i am getting ready to be sent to india for the commissioning of one of the twenty drill rigs they ordered.

my only regret: been sent to india