External USB3.0 hub

BelgianNoise

I am looking for an external USB hub, preferably 3.0 without a power cable that i can mount under my desk.
any benefit on having an external power source?
it would be nice if it was usb-c to usb3.0.

Hit me up with ur suggestions!

I am here to learn, please correct me if im wrong or you see me putting bs on your screen!

21 minutes ago, emosun said:

i actually bought this last year and despite how cheap it is and looks it actually work surprisingly well and hasn't had any problems

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-4-port-usb-3-0-hub-black/4333600.p?skuId=4333600

Jesus Christ. $25 for that? You can get a similar one on Amazon for under $10.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Extended-MacBook-Surface-Notebook/dp/B07L32B9C2/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=usb+3+hub&qid=1565908321&s=gateway&sr=8-3

2 hours ago, OlympicAssEater said:

you own that one and can vouch for it correct?

4 hours ago, BelgianNoise said:

any benefit on having an external power source?

Of course, if you plan to use USB 3.0 portable hard drive or charging your phone.

it would be nice if it was usb-c to usb3.0.

Hmm... Not sure about USB-C though. I haven't come across a USB-C dongle that requires additional power.

mount under my desk

I see. Most of the dongles I spotted are quite small, so mounting them will be... just slapping a good double sided tape and slap it under your table and you are good to go. So mounting should not be an issue.

I have ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder). More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_spectrum

I apologies if my comments or post offends you in any way, or if my rage got a little too far. I'll try my best to make my post as non-offensive as much as possible.

2 hours ago, emosun said:

you own that one and can vouch for it correct? 

The one I am using it right now is the one I linked. Its USB 3 to USB 3 data hub extensions. The cable is not very long to hook it up from the back of your computer to the your front desk. It is 2 inch cable. Also, it is a regular cable not braided cable. The USB ports are close to each others so if you have a device that has a fat USB port than it might interfere the USB port close to it. Transfer speed is very good too.

Something like this might fit you? It has 47 inch long cable and 3 USB 3.0 and 1 USB 2.0.

13 hours ago, OlympicAssEater said:

will this work with an external DVD drive

I am here to learn, please correct me if im wrong or you see me putting bs on your screen!