Your longest product wait time?

StarsMars

What's the longest you've waited on a back ordered product after it was released?

I'm at 24 days and going on my rtx super right now.

18 months for a custom knife.

I dont I just ask for my money back and buy what ever it was when it comes available or look for something else. 

2 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

18 months for a custom knife.

Forging takes time but damn. Pics?

Feathered carbon layers pls

1 minute ago, ELSknutson said:

I dont I just ask for my money back and buy what ever it was when it comes available or look for something else. 

The only ones I see in stock are amazon price gouging. They want $600 for a 2070s. Already unsure about my decision to go 550 for my backorder considering 5700xt.

Side note, If Galax releases their card it would be nice for my white build. Do they have a reputation? I don't hear much about galax.

3 minutes ago, StarsMars said:

Forging takes time but damn. Pics?

It's mostly because makers have extremely backlogged books. Most are one man shows.

29 minutes ago, PopsicleHustler said:

Half Life 3.  15 Years and counting.

Lol.

I waited 12 years for Diablo III, biggest let down ever.

35 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

It's mostly because makers have extremely backlogged books. Most are one man shows.

How much did it cost?

8 minutes ago, StarsMars said:

How much did it cost?

$1050

My K/DA Akali snapback that I bought from a seller on Etsy.

19/05/26 - 19/07/15

I bought it on the 26th of May, and the delivery estimate according to Etsy at the time was 19/06/13 - 19/06/27.

I get my manufacturer and shipping email 8 days later and the estimated delivery then turns to 19/06/24 - 19/07/05.

A couple of weeks pass and I decide to email the seller who was really kind, and we went back and forth for about a month until my hat arrived.

We both were confused as to what was taking my hat so long as the deadline was nearing close. I agreed to wait it out and just assume it was a fault with the courier and it should arrive a couple days after the deadline for the ETA.

19/07/08 arrives and my hat is still not with me, I contacted Royal Mail and DHL on behalf of the seller just to see if there was any miscommunication with delivery. I got an interesting response from the agent who I contacted over the phone:

Spoiler

Since more than 10 business days have been passed and your shipment hasstill not been delivered, we request you to contact your onlinemerchant/sender.

At that point, both the seller and I were amazed at how Royal Mail just failed to deliver my hat and never once notified me that they even tried to deliver it, I was obviously furious at this point and absolutely helpless that I just accepted my losses and moved on.

A few days pass and I received a note on my door step saying I had to pay import tax for an item, at the time, I didn't remember what item it was I had to pay but it was in my name, my address, and was creditted to me so I just assumed it was some other dumb online order I did. I ended up paying it the same day and had the delivery scheduled for Monday.

July 15 comes and what do you know, my hat arrives. I guess complaining to Royal Mail helped in my favor.

image0.thumb.jpg.429357cce5cfab1f84ce57cd2003abc3.jpg

I'm sure that if Royal Mail had notified me beforehand that I had to pay import tax that they would have delivered on time. It still bugs me that it seems like they didn't even once attempt a delivery or notify me of import taxes before I had to raise my hand and call them up.

3 hours ago, StarsMars said:

What's the longest you've waited on a back ordered product after it was released?

Okay so I ended up only reading the topic body after I read the title... Still to my credit and effort that I put into this, technically my hat was back-ordered as I ordered off Etsy and it had to be hand-made and isn't mass-manufactured.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

1 hour ago, seoz said:

funny enough i also ordered a hat from a vaporwave shop around a month ago and hasn't shipped. i contacted support and said that they ramped production lines and should fulfill my order by end of this week. meanwhile i get emails from them about new products and new store opening at some locations.. though it was very nice of them to give me a discount voucher after such a long time 

My Cardcaptor Sakura blu ray set took about a month to arrive, though I didn't really know what Media Mail was until after the fact. The shipping box was quite beat up, but the set was intact. This was from Des Moines to Placerville.

CDs shipped from Japan tended to average about a week via Small Packet Mail. Amusingly however, when I ordered an item via proxy, it took several days longer for the forwarder to recieve the item than it took to get to me.

I never was in the position where I had to buy items that were back ordered however.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

7 hours ago, StarsMars said:

I'm at 24 days and going on my rtx super right now.

Months?

I purchased a MegaSG when the pre-order went up and then I got it within the time window everyone else did.

If you order things from hong kong or mainland china that arrive by sea, you're looking at 8 weeks, usually at the minimum. That's fine when you order cheap junk like clothing or unimportant-cost items. If however you're ordering something that should be in stock at the time, a weeks time is pretty much the longest you should wait, give or take the postal service's delays. If you want something urgently, be prepared to pay more than the cost of the item in courier fees.

Eternity.

No seriously. I never got what I ordered. I ordered an OEM replacement band for my watch from a third party company. Got the confirmation email and everything. Waited a week, and nothing. So I emailed their support and they said it was back-ordered and that they should be in stock soon. They don't charge until they ship the product so I thought "Cool, okay. That's fine". They told me it would be a few weeks. Then a few weeks went by and I was then told a few months. After another month went by, they finally told me "They're no longer made and therefore no longer available" and canceled the order. So that prompted me to just buy a new watch.

To be fair, this company was responsive and polite. It really wasn't their fault, but I just wish they didn't run me around like that. Oh well. New watch, old me.

I don't think I've ever actually order something that wasn't in stock and wasn't going to be back in for more than a couple of days, there may have been something 10+ years ago that I don't remember though. If something goes out of stock I would usually just cancel it and reorder if I still wanted it when it was back in.

About 3 months. It wasn't worth the wait.

So these days, if I see a product is back ordered, I don't even bother. Chances are, by the time it comes back in stocks, it may have gone on sales elsewhere.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Glorious Model O, ordered mine back in the May 21st, when it was still on stock and not backorder, and received it August the 5th.

Who's to blame? My country's customs office.

Project Diesel 5.0: Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Professional Gaming /// CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X  /// CPU Cooler: Scythe Ninja 5 /// GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme RTX 2070 /// RAM: 2x 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V @3200mhz /// Chassis: Lian Li Lancool One Digital (black) /// PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 750w /// Storage: Inland Premium 1TB NVME + Toshiba X300 4TB

Peripherals: Mice: Cooler Master MM720 /// Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK2 SE (Cherry Silver), Blitzwolf BW-KB1 (Gateron Reds) /// Monitor: Acer XZ320Q 32' (VA, 1080p @240hz) /// AMP: Topping PA3 (Onkyo Integra A-817XD undergoing restoration) /// DAC: Weiliang SU5 /// Speakers: AAT BSF-100 /// Mike: Alctron CS35U /// Headphones: Blon B8, ISK MDH-9000

Living room: TV: Samsung QLED Q7FN 55' 4k /// Amplifier: Denon AVR-X2400H /// Speakers: DALI Zensor 7 /// Consoles: Sony PS4 Pro 1TB, Sony PS3 500gb /// LD/CD/DVD: Pioneer DVL-909 /// Power Supplies: Upsai ACF-2100T + GR Savage CDR2200EX

Sound BlasterX AE-5. Wait time, a bit over 1 month. Shop couldn't get one and I was fine waiting some more. But after 1 month I said it's taking too long and they refunded it. I'm their regular customer so they didn't complicate at all.

I'm not gonna count Chinese purchases coz that stuff always takes around 1 month. With rare exceptions that arrive in just 1 week.

2-3 months for stuff to arrive from Hong Kong. Locally, I'm now 2 weeks in waiting new phone to be in stock. Apparently they've started to deliver in US this week, so hopefully next week.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I waited for 2 months on a Fractal Design PCIe riser cable kit from Amazon DE.

It never came.

I wasn't a happy camper!

On 8/15/2019 at 7:03 PM, seoz said:

image0.thumb.jpg.429357cce5cfab1f84ce57cd2003abc3.jpg

I'm sure that if Royal Mail had notified me beforehand that I had to pay import tax that they would have delivered on time. It still bugs me that it seems like they didn't even once attempt a delivery or notify me of import taxes before I had to raise my hand and call them up.

Okay so I ended up only reading the topic body after I read the title... Still to my credit and effort that I put into this, technically my hat was back-ordered as I ordered off Etsy and it had to be hand-made and isn't mass-manufactured.

Wow. I had something similar where I sent a package internationally that never arrived because they didn’t contact to collect import taxes. Or they just ate the snacks. 

Its a a nice hat. I’m interested in your keyboard though. What is it?

26 and counting for the super

1 hour ago, StarsMars said:

Wow. I had something similar where I sent a package internationally that never arrived because they didn’t contact to collect import taxes. Or they just ate the snacks. 

Yeah, I wanted my hat so badly and never had a delivery that much delayed for a £23 hat and the £8 tracked shipping along with it, I had enough and just phoned them up. Wonder if I would've ever gotten my hat had I not said anything.

2 hours ago, StarsMars said:

I’m interested in your keyboard though. What is it?

It's my own custom keyboard made from scratch, it's a Geek GK61 with NovelKeys Cream switches and the Akko World Tour Tokyo keycap set. I have a whole photo album showcasing my own photography of it.

It's a neat little keyboard that I built solely because I didn't like any keyboards available on the market.

IMG_1582.thumb.JPG.b181290f1733a63eb9666599f9e42260.JPG

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

38 minutes ago, seoz said:

Yeah, I wanted my hat so badly and never had a delivery that much delayed for a £23 hat and the £8 tracked shipping along with it, I had enough and just phoned them up. Wonder if I would've ever gotten my hat had I not said anything.

It's my own custom keyboard made from scratch, it's a Geek GK61 with NovelKeys Cream switches and the Akko World Tour Tokyo keycap set. I have a whole photo album showcasing my own photography of it.

It's a neat little keyboard that I built solely because I didn't like any keyboards available on the market.

IMG_1582.thumb.JPG.b181290f1733a63eb9666599f9e42260.JPG

That is strange they didn’t contact you.  

Wow that’s very nice. Now I want to build my own. 

I ordered a flag that flew over Parliament Hill on July 28th 2009. Average wait time back then was 25 years. It's now 100 years. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti