New PC not working

Cybernetic Organism

Help please! I just built my pc which has a MSI b450 gaming plus, with a ryzen 3600. And it won't post. I've used the bios usb flashback feature, I downloaded the most recent bios update, put it on the usb, renamed the file to MSI.ROM updated the mobo, put everything in my PC and it won't post.

Fans are spinning and lights are on. So is the CPU ez debug light.

You sure the flashback was successful? Is your USB stick formatted in fat32?

MSI B450 Pro Gaming Pro Carbon AC | AMD Ryzen 2700x  | NZXT  Kraken X52  MSI GeForce RTX2070 Armour | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4*8) 3200MhZ | Samsung 970 evo M.2nvme 500GB Boot  / Samsung 860 evo 500GB SSD | Corsair RM550X (2018) | Fractal Design Meshify C white | Logitech G pro WirelessGigabyte Aurus AD27QD 

16 minutes ago, Stormseeker9 said:

You sure the flashback was successful? Is your USB stick formatted in fat32?

Yeah I did. I'm resetting the CMOS now and then I'm going to install Bios v19. I'll also reseat my CPU power cable.

• 4 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem with it not booting up and the CPU led just being on.... 

MSI b450 Carbon M/b

Ryzen 3600

Though I have a CM ML240RGB AIO on it. 

the only thing I've noticed that works is when I unplug the pump header from the pump fan header on the mobo. Switch on the pc - wait for it to pass the bios and post then plug the pump back into the header while it's running. 

a very risky workaround I know. But this only happens if the pc's been switched off for +/-8 hours. Restarting or anything after it's been running for a while is just fine. 

My husband has exactly the same cooler and motherboard (3700x amd) and his runs perfectly fine. We're both running the latest bios update as well... 

I've reseated the everything from the ram, cpu , cpu cooler and every cable connected to the m/b

Does this mean I have a faulty/glitchy cooler/pump? 

thumbnail_20190913_145735.jpg

well, found my "solution" I now run my CPU pump from a sys fan header and a sys fan from  my cpu pump. 

no issues anymore. No idea what the cause was and my temps are just fine - idling at a cool 30 and maxing out at 63 while running cinebench for about 30 minutes. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2019 at 3:37 PM, dhumanizer said:

well, found my "solution" I now run my CPU pump from a sys fan header and a sys fan from  my cpu pump. 

no issues anymore. No idea what the cause was and my temps are just fine - idling at a cool 30 and maxing out at 63 while running cinebench for about 30 minutes. 

Glad to hear your problem fixed. I managed to fix mine on the same day, and my issues way also cooler related. It seemed that my CPU cooler was too tight on the CPU (which seemed strange to me because I didn't ridiculously overtighten it). But loosening off the cooler a slight bit seemed to fix it. Although my temps aren't really that great (they get around 70 - 80 degrees celcius whilst gaming!) but it should be fine, if it ever goes over 85 thats when I get a AIO cooler. But strangely when I boot my PC I have to spam a key on the keyboard then it boots. If I just leave it without spamming a key it won't boot properly. I've just chosen to ignore it and spam the keyboard. If it ain't broke don't fix it.