EVGA 780 Ti Classified K|ngp|n Edition: In SLI!

VSG

EK blocks applied: Album

it took some time getting the Fujipoly extreme thermal pads cut and applied but they are so worth it! I also used some M3x6 screws to put on the stock backplates with the EK blocks because they look much better than the EK backplates in my opinion. 

Now I need to install both of these in the 900D and figure out how best to route my loop since I had the loop configured for CFX reference 290x cards and these are way longer and taller. The EK "southbridge" block on my Asus M6F is looking like my biggest challenge at a clean build at this point, I may end up ignoring it and putting back the stock ASUS heatsink there. To give people an idea of how my loop looked previously:

DSDyFwll.jpg

11GiGpLl.jpg

Nevermind the white tubing, I have since decided to stick with clear tubing throughout. Planned loop at that stage was: Reservoir-pump-southbridge block-CPU-Mosfet block-Top rad-GPUs in parallel-bottom rad-flow meter-reservoir. There are conveniently located in-line and plug type temperature sensors as well as external "chassis" temperature sensors. The pump, all 18 PWM fans, flow meter and temperature sensors are going to be controlled using an Aquaero 6 XT. Hopefully everything is set up by tomorrow so I can begin leak testing.

Well, not to be that ice cold cocky guy, but the 780ti is four way sli, no? So about king....... nah I am joking. `Nice!

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

VSG. Nice one.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

But these cards are really meant for benching first and foremost. So anyone getting these for benching knows the HWBOT points are mostly for single and dual card setups. If people are buying these just for the heck of it, they aren't spending their money well.

The regular classifieds are doing just as well, if not better, on air and also water to some extent while costing less and having higher retail availability and water block options.

You're paying for the sexy, though. And the bragging rights of owning a K|ngP|n card...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

You're paying for the sexy, though. And the bragging rights of owning a K|ngP|n card...

Nothing to brag about here, if you got the cash anyone can buy these. The major reason I got 2 of these (other than benching) is that they are very likely to be game stable at ~1300 MHz core which will be insane GPU power for a while. But if you note my loop above, I got quick disconnects around the GPU area to facilitate GPU upgrading lol.

Nothing to brag about here, if you got the cash anyone can buy these. The major reason I got 2 of these (other than benching) is that they are very likely to be game stable at ~1300 MHz core which will be insane GPU power for a while. But if you note my loop above, I got quick disconnects around the GPU area to facilitate GPU upgrading lol.

I love your rig. Makes mine look like a K6-II. :P

EDIT: Other than dat overclock. THAT'S impressive.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I'd fuck a sheep to get my hands on 4.

sheep.jpg

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

I know there have been a ton of posts and threads about this card with a lot of the discussion being on the stock air cooler. So I figured I would create a thread to give my impressions as and when I incorporate these into my build.

Pictures

I took some pictures finally but, of course, I couldn't edit them given that my PC is still being built :P

Hope you guys like them: Album

Unboxing

I am coming from dual reference R9-290x cards (Sapphire and Asus BF4 editions as well as a Sapphire non-BF4 edition through RMA). The unboxing experience is way better on the Kingpins, I am sorry to say. I have not had the pleasure of unboxing any non-reference card from other brands but looking at videos and pictures recently, I have to say this is probably the best experience one will have this generation. The list of accessories provided is too large to specify but please take a look at the aforelinked album to know more. The one accessory I appreciated most was the ProbeIT connector to hook up a DMM to the card and read actual voltages. There has been as much as 0.2 - 0.25 mV of difference from actual voltages to what a software program displays and this huge discrepancy can kill your card if you run it so without realizing it. The backplate is also very nice, has well thought out cutouts and provides passive cooling via thermal pads.

First impressions

This card is BEAUTIFUL! The pictures do not do any justice at all. I was not a particular fan of the stock cooler when I saw images online but holding it in my hands made me appreciate it. The cooler is not see-through, it just frosted acrylic. The fans are larger (10 cm diameter each) and are more static pressure optimized than the fans on a regular classified, making them more suitable for heatsinks as on this stock cooler. Indeed, other owners have reported excellent cooling and low noise from this cooler even compared to the regular ACX cooler which itself is no slouch.

I will be getting my EK blocks tomorrow so I will open these up and install the blocks then. There will be more pictures coming up as well. Thanks for reading!

What kind of temps are you running on both cards? 

I haven't even put them into my case yet :P

Oh, dude! So you haven't done the exciting part yet. Enjoy your cards, buddy.

Let us know how they are! 

Darn right! I wish EK had a block that covered the length of the PCB (especially since EVGA stock cooler has cooling on some parts that the EK block does not) but in a standard ATX case layout it isn't too bad so I am not complaining.

Screwing in these cards in the 900D is a major pain since the case doesn't open up entirely on the left. I have installed both cards and the loop is almost complete, I am deciding between 2 potential routes at the moment and my fingers are in bad shape from the bitspower compression fittings lol. I should have the loop set up tomorrow and do some leak testing.

Leak testing in progress, so far so good. I will have to drain out the fluid and replace it with fresh distilled water/Liquid Utopia before another round of leak testing and bleeding so I should be done in time for the weekend :)

fdeSgqel.jpg

Leak testing in progress, so far so good. I will have to drain out the fluid and replace it with fresh distilled water/Liquid Utopia before another round of leak testing and bleeding so I should be done in time for the weekend :)

I'm embarrased since I said wow in the middle of class and now everybody is looking at me weird...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

lol sorry for that. I know some people won't like the excess fittings being used but I liked the "industrial" look to it. The theme fits in with the 3 valves, flow meter, temperature sensors, air exhausts, the ram sticks and so forth.

lol sorry for that. I know some people won't like the excess fittings being used but I liked the "industrial" look to it. The theme fits in with the 3 valves, flow meter, temperature sensors, air exhausts, the ram sticks and so forth.

Are you kidding me?!? It looks fantastic!

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Why did you go push/pull instead of just getting thicker rads just for the looks of having the alternating fans? 

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089