EVGA 780 Ti Classified K|ngp|n Edition: In SLI!

VSG

Oh my lord, this is hot.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

If somebody has the wallet to go 4 of these in SLI, please do, and post it on the forum :D

Lol... And here I am after switching from dual 780 ti's... I've found a MUCH better experience with AMD thus far though.

Why … why would you do that?!

- Intel i7 3770|Noctua NH-D14 -Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H -8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 -Evga Sc Signature 2 GTX 680 -Fractal Define R4 -2TB WD Black Caviar -120GB Samsung 840 Pro -Cosair TX 650Watt -Benq XL2420T -CM Storm Quickfire TK -Zowie Ec1 Evo -Fiio E10 -

Audio Technica Ath-AD700x

I can't wait to see some OC results.
The KPE 780Ti is so candy.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

You and me both! 

It's silly but I just want to see one at 1337Mhz for lolz.

Can you make it happen. Pics of course.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

When will these cards be available again? I wanted to get my hands on two of them, and they are sold out on EVGA's website. Anywhere else that might have these cards still?

Thanks.

//CCap

//ccap

Why … why would you do that?!

Mantle, better eyefinity support, more VRAM, better Xfire scaling etc etc plus both are water cooled so heat hasn't been an issue :P

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

I know there have been a ton of posts and threads about this card with a lot of the discussion being on the stock air cooler. So I figured I would create a thread to give my impressions as and when I incorporate these into my build.

Pictures

I took some pictures finally but, of course, I couldn't edit them given that my PC is still being built :P

Hope you guys like them: Album

Unboxing

I am coming from dual reference R9-290x cards (Sapphire and Asus BF4 editions as well as a Sapphire non-BF4 edition through RMA). The unboxing experience is way better on the Kingpins, I am sorry to say. I have not had the pleasure of unboxing any non-reference card from other brands but looking at videos and pictures recently, I have to say this is probably the best experience one will have this generation. The list of accessories provided is too large to specify but please take a look at the aforelinked album to know more. The one accessory I appreciated most was the ProbeIT connector to hook up a DMM to the card and read actual voltages. There has been as much as 0.2 - 0.25 mV of difference from actual voltages to what a software program displays and this huge discrepancy can kill your card if you run it so without realizing it. The backplate is also very nice, has well thought out cutouts and provides passive cooling via thermal pads.

First impressions

This card is BEAUTIFUL! The pictures do not do any justice at all. I was not a particular fan of the stock cooler when I saw images online but holding it in my hands made me appreciate it. The cooler is not see-through, it just frosted acrylic. The fans are larger (10 cm diameter each) and are more static pressure optimized than the fans on a regular classified, making them more suitable for heatsinks as on this stock cooler. Indeed, other owners have reported excellent cooling and low noise from this cooler even compared to the regular ACX cooler which itself is no slouch.

I will be getting my EK blocks tomorrow so I will open these up and install the blocks then. There will be more pictures coming up as well. Thanks for reading!

Have you tried the custom bios in the OCN thread yet? Figured out how to unlock unlimited voltage control?

I am still awaiting my EK blocks. I have used skyn3t's bios before for the "regular" 780Ti classified so it isn't a big deal. Assuming that you haven't had time to research this yet: Use the 3888KPTI bios irrespective of if you are going to be using an EvBot (unlimited voltage and power usage) or the Classified software tool (upto 1.5V core and unlimited power usage). The XOCKPTI is great as well but it has the tighter timings on the Samsung memory (same performance as with the looser timings on the 3888 bios but the higher memory clocks now will "look good" with the general public). Lastly, the XOCKPTi has issues with the new EvBot firmware as well.

If you already knew the above and just wanted to let me know, sorry :P

I might just flash the bios on air tonight and try the cards out as is first though.

I know there have been a ton of posts and threads about this card with a lot of the discussion being on the stock air cooler. So I figured I would create a thread to give my impressions as and when I incorporate these into my build.

Pictures

I took some pictures finally but, of course, I couldn't edit them given that my PC is still being built :P

Hope you guys like them: Album

Unboxing

I am coming from dual reference R9-290x cards (Sapphire and Asus BF4 editions as well as a Sapphire non-BF4 edition through RMA). The unboxing experience is way better on the Kingpins, I am sorry to say. I have not had the pleasure of unboxing any non-reference card from other brands but looking at videos and pictures recently, I have to say this is probably the best experience one will have this generation. The list of accessories provided is too large to specify but please take a look at the aforelinked album to know more. The one accessory I appreciated most was the ProbeIT connector to hook up a DMM to the card and read actual voltages. There has been as much as 0.2 - 0.25 mV of difference from actual voltages to what a software program displays and this huge discrepancy can kill your card if you run it so without realizing it. The backplate is also very nice, has well thought out cutouts and provides passive cooling via thermal pads.

First impressions

This card is BEAUTIFUL! The pictures do not do any justice at all. I was not a particular fan of the stock cooler when I saw images online but holding it in my hands made me appreciate it. The cooler is not see-through, it just frosted acrylic. The fans are larger (10 cm diameter each) and are more static pressure optimized than the fans on a regular classified, making them more suitable for heatsinks as on this stock cooler. Indeed, other owners have reported excellent cooling and low noise from this cooler even compared to the regular ACX cooler which itself is no slouch.

I will be getting my EK blocks tomorrow so I will open these up and install the blocks then. There will be more pictures coming up as well. Thanks for reading!

what did one cost??

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

I don't think anyone buying them with their own money is going to get 4 unless they are binning and only end up keeping 1-2.

Why wouldn't you?

The KingPins are just $850USD, a bunch of us last February paid 2x$1200 for our Titans which had been locked with less cores. The KingPins aren't really out of reach like other cards have been.

- Main Rig - 

CPU: i7 4930K @ 4.5Ghz 1.38V | GPU: SLi 3 x EVGA GTX 780 Ti @ 1228/1650 | RAM: 16GB Dominator Platinum @ 2.13Ghz CL9 1.65V | MOBO: MSI X79 GD-45 Plus | PSU: AX1200i Corsair | CASE: CaseLabs Merlin SM8 | COOLING: Custom Loop w/ Acrylic Tubing, EK Blocks, AquaComputer D5/RES/RADs, NB eLoop Fans

But these cards are really meant for benching first and foremost. So anyone getting these for benching knows the HWBOT points are mostly for single and dual card setups. If people are buying these just for the heck of it, they aren't spending their money well.

The regular classifieds are doing just as well, if not better, on air and also water to some extent while costing less and having higher retail availability and water block options.

$849 in the US, 759 euros from the EVGA europe store and £739 in the UK.

pretty cheap for that card in Europe i think. I expected it to be over 1000 euros becuze its so Powerfull and hungry

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Why wouldn't you?

The KingPins are just $850USD, a bunch of us last February paid 2x$1200 for our Titans which had been locked with less cores. The KingPins aren't really out of reach like other cards have been.

This is one of those times I'm happy I didn't buy titans right away. For 400 dollars less at it's launch price, you're getting a much faster GPU, but are sacrificing half the ram. It's a good tradeoff in my opinion, especially for the price.

Also, I can't wait until more benchmarks come along and can't wait to see just how well this will overclock. I wonder how high the OP can get the clock speeds whilst the card being rock stable. 

Can't wait until more become available so I can put my grubby hands all over these cards :lol:

//CCap

//ccap

Mantle, better eyefinity support, more VRAM, better Xfire scaling etc etc plus both are water cooled so heat hasn't been an issue :P

But man the money for a ''not really' (very subjective) little upgrade. :(

- Intel i7 3770|Noctua NH-D14 -Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H -8GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 -Evga Sc Signature 2 GTX 680 -Fractal Define R4 -2TB WD Black Caviar -120GB Samsung 840 Pro -Cosair TX 650Watt -Benq XL2420T -CM Storm Quickfire TK -Zowie Ec1 Evo -Fiio E10 -

Audio Technica Ath-AD700x

pretty cheap for that card in Europe i think. I expected it to be over 1000 euros becuze its so Powerfull and hungry

Its actually not that power hungry, which was a huge surprise.

What is a power hungry card is my 290. WoW! 

- Main Rig - 

CPU: i7 4930K @ 4.5Ghz 1.38V | GPU: SLi 3 x EVGA GTX 780 Ti @ 1228/1650 | RAM: 16GB Dominator Platinum @ 2.13Ghz CL9 1.65V | MOBO: MSI X79 GD-45 Plus | PSU: AX1200i Corsair | CASE: CaseLabs Merlin SM8 | COOLING: Custom Loop w/ Acrylic Tubing, EK Blocks, AquaComputer D5/RES/RADs, NB eLoop Fans

Its actually not that power hungry, which was a huge surprise.

What is a power hungry card is my 290. WoW! 

Are you talking about the KPE? People have observed as much as 650-800W per card on LN2, and about 500W on water.

In other news, I just got my EK blocks delivered at my place. So I should have them installed soon. Then I need to finish my loop, fill 'er up, leak test and run it for the first time before any benchmarks. 

Nice, but I find the shroud very ugly.

Thankfully they will be removed and water-cooled :3

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB