Rebuild or buy New/Cheap

OmniTaff

Hello All, I have recently built a new computer and so >

I would like to utilize my old computer the old parts are as follows .

Cooler Master V8 HeatPipe Universal Cooler                        

Antec Dark Fleet DF-35 Gaming Case  no PSU                       

Corsair TX-850 ATX Power Supply 140mm fan                              

Corsair CMX6GX3M3A1600C9 6GB (3x XMS3 2GB) PC-12800 (1600MHz) XMSP DDR                               

Intel Core i7 950 Processor LGA1366 3.06GHz 8MB Cache CPU                    

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Ver2.0 DDR3 2100 SATA3 USB3.0 RAID 2GLAN                     

Seagate SATA III 500GB 16m Cache                          

sus GTX560 1G TOP DCII 2DI GDDR5       

I would look to remove everything from the computer , buy a new case dust everything off increase the ram (the power supply and graphics card have changed) GPU is now Geforce GTX 960TI which would be the newest part in the "old" computer. Oh and the computer boots from a SSD now.   

Alternatively should i just buy a cheap MOBO/ RYZEN CPU and some ram and just keep the graphics card? 

What do you suggest, 

Cheers.       

I think the link Deleted some of my Text. 

I would end up setting it up next to my current comp so the misses can play some games (not 2019 games) or alternatively I would use it as a plex/ download computer. 

8 minutes ago, OmniTaff said:

I would look to remove everything from the computer , buy a new case dust everything off increase the ram (the power supply and graphics card have changed) GPU is now Geforce GTX 960TI which would be the newest part in the "old" computer. Oh and the computer boots from a SSD now.   

the mobo / cpu is pretty old 8+yrs from now, be very cautious moving thing around, they might give up anytime.

is the gpu gtx 960 or 980ti..? if its a 980ti, sure get a newer ryzen system for it

off topic question , why do you call the new pc FF themed? just some figures / wall papers?

I don't think there would be much point in upgrading. The i7 950 still seems like a capable CPU, I'm sure that it will still work just as well as a low end Ryzen CPU, although I can't say how much longer it would last. I would suggest just use it until it dies, then worry about getting Ryzen.

Maybe get 8GB of RAM.

4 minutes ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

the mobo / cpu is pretty old 8+yrs from now, be very cautious moving thing around, they might give up anytime.

is the gpu gtx 960 or 980ti..? if its a 980ti, sure get a newer ryzen system for it

off topic question , why do you call the new pc FF themed? just some figures / wall papers?

I am mistaken, it's a GTX 960 (not ti) . 

Ye it is getting on a bit now 

Final fantasy themed because of the Figures and wallpapers ye. I also name most of my devices something Final fantasy related. The last computer 8 years ago was named Bahamut. 

2 minutes ago, Mr_Argon said:

I don't think there would be much point in upgrading. The i7 950 still seems like a capable CPU, I'm sure that it will still work just as well as a low end Ryzen CPU, although I can't say how much longer it would last. I would suggest just use it until it dies, then worry about getting Ryzen.

Maybe get 8GB of RAM.

Ye living near the Coast in QLD has produced a bit of Rust on some of the parts as well, so i might just give it a bit of a dust refurbish and replace some of the fans . Whats weather like in NZ atm? 

Once I finish Uni i want to go and have a squizz at the south Island (I'm from Wales U.K originally)

7 hours ago, OmniTaff said:

Ye living near the Coast in QLD has produced a bit of Rust on some of the parts as well, so i might just give it a bit of a dust refurbish and replace some of the fans . Whats weather like in NZ atm? 

Once I finish Uni i want to go and have a squizz at the south Island (I'm from Wales U.K originally)

Honestly I've got no idea what the weather is like. As I write this its night time, the sky's are clear, but by the time I wake up in the morning it could be raining. Even the weather channels aren't 100% accurate right now. By about November it should be almost consistently sunny.

Take everything I've written with a grain of salt though, who knows what the weather is doing.