Just bought HD6XX and have no idea what I'm doing pls help

cadd

So I recently upgraded to the Sennheiser HD 559's after nearly a decade of using garbage gaming headsets. To put it lightly I'm amazed at just how good things can sound, and it's absolutely been the "audiophile" gateway drug for me. I've only had the 559's for about a week, and decided I want to upgrade to something much more high-end as lots of the reviews I see for the 559 harp a lot on the sound quality being significantly worse than higher end models. I was looking at the 599's for a while until I found the HD6XX's, and I've been looking at used ones ever since. I found an absolute steal on eBay for $200 CAD (for the 6XX) and jumped at it. 

Now here I am with an expensive pair of headphones coming in a few weeks and not really sure how to use them properly. I hear lots of talk about AMPs and DACs, but alas I have no idea what they are. Honestly after some quick research I can see they get very expensive, and I'm not really looking to spend another $200 just yet. Will it be okay to run the 6XX's without any equipment, just on my PC/Phone for a month ish until I get some cash? Or will I really be losing out on the potential of them. 

Thanks in advance ❤️

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

It will be fine. They will sound better with an amp, but it will be fine from PC.

I ran my HD6XX from onboard audio when it was hot out and didn't want to heat up my room with my tube amp.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

12 minutes ago, spwath said:

It will be fine. They will sound better with an amp, but it will be fine from PC.

I ran my HD6XX from onboard audio when it was hot out and didn't want to heat up my room with my tube amp.

Awesome! Thanks so much.

8700k/1070ti/16gb ram

1 hour ago, cadd said:

Awesome! Thanks so much.

while you save up do a deep dive and immerse yourself  to see your options in dac s and amps, the 6xx are great on tubes and basically the only way I would litent to them. 

They sound fine from most modern motherboards. Find a chance to try them out with fancier electronics at some point in the future, but don't sweat it too much.