Unifi Remote Access

I have the Unifi Controller setup as a jail on my FreeNAS server that is controlling my AP-AC-Lite. I can use the app (iOS) for local connections to manage my network, but I can't access it outside of the network on my phone or computer. When I go to unifi.ubnt.com on my laptop, I can see my AP listed, but I cant manage it outside of the local IP. I have open port 8443 and tried to access it just by entering https://mypublicip:8443 in my browser and it just refuses to connect. I try to use that URL for the app as well and it doesn't work. I have a domain through google I would like to use to access my controller via my phone, but I can't figure out how that works. I've already added in my controller under settings>controller>controller hostname/ip, but that hasn't changed anything. The only physical Unifi hardware I have is the AP. Controller is through FreeNAS.

You'd need to forward the port through to the local IP, just opening it won't work as the router won't know where to send it. 

1 hour ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

You'd need to forward the port through to the local IP, just opening it won't work as the router won't know where to send it. 

I have Port Forwarded my Unifi Controller to 8443. The local IP is 192.168.1.236 and I set that IP to be open to 8443.

Just now, wolfslab said:

I have Port Forwarded my Unifi Controller to 8443. The local IP is 192.168.1.236 and I set that IP to be open to 8443.

Have you setup portforwarding on the router to send packets using port 8443 to 192.168.1.236 for UDP and TCP? If you have, you may find your ISP blocks it. Quite a few block some ports from being open. 

I believe UniFi controller has an option for remote management using a Ubiquiti account, so you could try looking into that. 

Personally, I have a VPN setup so I can access my UniFi management when connected to the VPN so haven't tried opening the controller directly. 

2 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Have you setup portforwarding on the router to send packets using port 8443 to 192.168.1.236 for UDP and TCP? If you have, you may find your ISP blocks it. Quite a few block some ports from being open. 

I believe UniFi controller has an option for remote management using a Ubiquiti account, so you could try looking into that. 

Personally, I have a VPN setup so I can access my UniFi management when connected to the VPN so haven't tried opening the controller directly. 

Thats how I have the PF setup. And according you canyouseeme.org, it can see that port. I've connected my Unifi account to the remote access thing they have and I can see my controller on the website and how many devices there are, but it wont let me access the management portal for it so I can change settings. And my priority is to be able to use the Unifi iOS app to manage my network remotely. But it needs an IP address/URL to access it, but it won't connect when I type in my public ip.