Ryzen 2700 Manual overclock revisited.

A few months ago I was asking about manual OC-ing my Ryzen 2700 CPU, and at the time I figured it's 4.0Ghz to 4.2Ghz was single-core boosting. Now in light of the recent video, Linus posted here: It's got me wanting to ask, could I use Ryzen Master Software to safely do a manual all core 4.0Ghz overclock and if so, what voltage would I need to do? My Corsair Vengeance RGB memory is already DOCP-ed to 3000Mhz. This guy here had the same CPU and do a 4025 OC on all cores with a voltage of 1.3 or so. But since I was scared to apply and test. I wanted to double check my understanding here first to see if I need to change anything in my bios on my Asus X470-F Bios: version 5007. 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

So can anyone comment on this on how to use Ryzen Master in regards to my 2700 and the 2 videos I mentioned in the main post?

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

I can't say on how to do it in Ryzenmaster, but I would generally recommend overclocking via BIOS. 

3 hours ago, C17H23NO2 said:

I can't say on how to do it in Ryzenmaster, but I would generally recommend overclocking via BIOS. 

Ok, but again it'd be nice to use Ryzen Master and that's why I was asking how to use it.

5 hours ago, _Grid21 said:

Ok, but again it'd be nice to use Ryzen Master and that's why I was asking how to use it.

Well, if you create a profile in ryzenmaster , set it to manual , then you can adjust the Coreclock on the bars that are on top , also adjust them for allcore. 
and 1 bar lower you can adjust the voltage you wanna set. 
It's not that hard to figure it out. Took me one minute. :D 

2 hours ago, C17H23NO2 said:

Well, if you create a profile in ryzenmaster , set it to manual , then you can adjust the Coreclock on the bars that are on top , also adjust them for allcore. 
and 1 bar lower you can adjust the voltage you wanna set. 
It's not that hard to figure it out. Took me one minute. :D 

Ok, That is not what I am asking. What I am asking is, does anyone know what I can try for my 2700 in regards to the video I posted of a similar user that used Ryzen Master.

Well, if that guy has a 4 ghz allcore with 1.3 Volts , why dont you just try 3.8, 3.9 or 4 ghz with 1.3V too. 
If it crashes you need more voltage. Otherwise use HW Info to look what your Idle voltage is / voltage under load and go from there. 
There are a lot of posts on the internet about OC 2700. There you get different voltages and stuff. 
Every CPU is different so if he gets 4Ghz at 1.3V doesnt mean you can do that too, but should be pretty close. 
Set 1.3 V with 3.8 Ghz for example, test it with benchmarks/games, always monitor temperature. 
If it's stable you can slowly reduce voltage until it gets unstable and then go a step back, to the voltage where it was last stable, or increase the clock speed. 
If it's unstable increase the voltage bit by bit until it is stable and you're happy with the temperature. 
OC is just trying out different clocks/voltages while remaining a safe temperature. 
I hope this time I got your questions covered. Even tough there shouldn't be any more questions if you watched this guys video. 
3.9/4Ghz all core should be possible. 

Ryzen Master can be somehow inacurate, i only use BIOS to OC anything on my PC. You can use RM to monitor temperatures, but i also use HWinfo to monitor voltage at idle and under load. There is no perfect settings for any CPU since they behave differently, that is what we call the silicone lottery. I know mine can handle 4.2ghz at 1.4vcore and stay stable, but i run it at 4.0ghz at 1.3 vcore, it run at around 40-45 while gaming. Yours may run 4.1ghz at 1.3v, or 3.9ghz..... it always depends on each particular cpu. Check at temperature, this is your best indicator of how your cpu perform at a given speed and voltage, If it get to 80c under load, you are reaching its limits, it probably wont OC more then that without a lot of voltage. 65-70c under stress with an AIO or good cooler is good IMO.

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

If it ain't overclocked it ain't good...

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

On 8/20/2019 at 10:17 AM, C17H23NO2 said:

Well, if that guy has a 4 ghz allcore with 1.3 Volts , why dont you just try 3.8, 3.9 or 4 ghz with 1.3V too. 
If it crashes you need more voltage. Otherwise use HW Info to look what your Idle voltage is / voltage under load and go from there. 
There are a lot of posts on the internet about OC 2700. There you get different voltages and stuff. 
Every CPU is different so if he gets 4Ghz at 1.3V doesnt mean you can do that too, but should be pretty close. 
Set 1.3 V with 3.8 Ghz for example, test it with benchmarks/games, always monitor temperature. 
If it's stable you can slowly reduce voltage until it gets unstable and then go a step back, to the voltage where it was last stable, or increase the clock speed. 
If it's unstable increase the voltage bit by bit until it is stable and you're happy with the temperature. 
OC is just trying out different clocks/voltages while remaining a safe temperature. 
I hope this time I got your questions covered. Even tough there shouldn't be any more questions if you watched this guys video. 
3.9/4Ghz all core should be possible. 

On 8/20/2019 at 11:44 AM, Mathieu9836 said:

Ryzen Master can be somehow inacurate, i only use BIOS to OC anything on my PC. You can use RM to monitor temperatures, but i also use HWinfo to monitor voltage at idle and under load. There is no perfect settings for any CPU since they behave differently, that is what we call the silicone lottery. I know mine can handle 4.2ghz at 1.4vcore and stay stable, but i run it at 4.0ghz at 1.3 vcore, it run at around 40-45 while gaming. Yours may run 4.1ghz at 1.3v, or 3.9ghz..... it always depends on each particular cpu. Check at temperature, this is your best indicator of how your cpu perform at a given speed and voltage, If it get to 80c under load, you are reaching its limits, it probably wont OC more then that without a lot of voltage. 65-70c under stress with an AIO or good cooler is good IMO.

What is considered a safe temp for the 2700? It got up to 63c at 1.3 volts and 3900Ghz.

EDIT: ok for some reason, my CPU can't do a 4Ghz all core OC without black screening on me at 1.3 Volts. But it seemed ok with 3.9Ghz at 1.3v but seemed to get around 63c.

Thats part of the game, finding what your particular CPU like, how it behave under voltage and clock speed. Set it at 4.2ghz and 1.45vcore, set soc to 1.1vsoc, This might not work for you, if it does then your CPU is good, mine can do that but i'm not comfortable with the 80c+ temp. i tried 4.1ghz with 1.35 and sometimes it freeze up on me, so i lowered it to 4.0ghz 1.3vcore and temperatures are awesome, its around 40-45c while gaming and around 60 under stress test. Your CPU may not be able to do 4.0ghz at 1.3 but maybe you can at 1.32 for exemple, thats why you need to spend time learning how it behave under load, under low or high voltage, if it scale with higher voltage or not, etc.

SOC Voltage help to prevent cashes due to memory OC, so you can focus on the CPU itself and not everything around it. Once your OC will be done, you can try lower it down to 1.0 or 0.9

Main System: Ryzen 2700, Asus Crosshair VII Hero, EVGA GTX 1080ti SC, 970 EVO Plus NVMe, Crucial Ballistix 3200mhz CL14, CM H500, CM ML240L cpu cooler.

Second System: Ryzen 2400G, Gigabyte B450 DS3H, RX 580 Nitro+, Kingston A400 SSD, Team T-Force 3200mhz CL15

If it ain't overclocked it ain't good...

AM4 boards VRM rating list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1d9_E3h8bLp-TXr-0zTJFqqVxdCR9daIVNyMatydkpFA/htmlview?sle=true#gid=639584818

Buildzoid's AM4 motherboard roundup: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti38JS8RuPU

6 hours ago, Mathieu9836 said:

Thats part of the game, finding what your particular CPU like, how it behave under voltage and clock speed. Set it at 4.2ghz and 1.45vcore, set soc to 1.1vsoc, This might not work for you, if it does then your CPU is good, mine can do that but i'm not comfortable with the 80c+ temp. i tried 4.1ghz with 1.35 and sometimes it freeze up on me, so i lowered it to 4.0ghz 1.3vcore and temperatures are awesome, its around 40-45c while gaming and around 60 under stress test. Your CPU may not be able to do 4.0ghz at 1.3 but maybe you can at 1.32 for exemple, thats why you need to spend time learning how it behave under load, under low or high voltage, if it scale with higher voltage or not, etc.

SOC Voltage help to prevent cashes due to memory OC, so you can focus on the CPU itself and not everything around it. Once your OC will be done, you can try lower it down to 1.0 or 0.9

Well see, I was using Ryzen Master for this instead because it was an interface I felt like I understood better and since bios version 5007 Came out for my board, there are a lot more sub-menus than before.