Cant install windows 10 on my pc

UnixYt

Hello, My brother's pc was old and the graphics card craped out on it so i decided to take some of his old parts and put them into a newer but still old pc. i took his gs600 power supply and also his ram which was the same speed as the newer pc. in total he has 14 gigs of ram combined (is it ok if i did that? let me know). The newer pc has an AMD A9-5500 apu but i had an extra rx570 to put in his build. the problem is that the newer pc is on windows 8.1 so i cant download proper drivers for the thing (also side note the hdmi ports on the card dont display but for some reason my display port male to hdmi female adapter works please help me  with this as well). So after that i decided to download the media creation tool and install windows 10 but it hits me with this error message (i posted pic below) and i wanted help to know if its related to anything i said above, because i did kinda just slap some parts together for him so he can play wow later. if anyone can help that would be awesome. Thanks

nick2.jpg

nick1.jpg

Are you updating the PC with the media tool or wiping all the data and starting fresh?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Most likely its the ram configuration. Take out all but 1 stick. How do you know that the memory is compatible? Have you tested it?  Memory diags are built into windows.

i believe i pressed keep all my data with the media creation tool

7 minutes ago, F___M said:

Most likely its the ram configuration. Take out all but 1 stick. How do you know that the memory is compatible? Have you tested it?  Memory diags are built into windows.

if it lets me do everything in windows 8 shouldnt the ram be compatible it says 14gb when i look at system info

not necessarily.  windows 10 upgrades are VERY PICKY about memory configurations.  just try it with one stick.

How did you make the install image, like, was the machine you used for the creation tool one with official Windows 10 support?

Ther errors listed give tons of details. I install Windows tons in my jobs so:

0x80070570 hints that a Windows System file is damaged or missing.

0x2000C is thrown only during upgrades and during the safe_os phase. This phase is when it's making the recovery partition and updates are installed. If needed, it's here where a rollback is prepped if needed.

The C specifically on the code above tells me something borked when it was trying to install the image.

To me, this tells me the media creation tool failed to do its job correctly and you have a corrupted image, more likely closer to the recovery partition.

As such, what is the size of the USB you used? What file system is it set to? What is the mode you installed it in (UEFI, or BIOS)? Did you clean format the boot drive via a clean/format during the installer? Have you tried with only the mouse and boot drive connected with no other drives and no keyboard or other USB devices? What's the rest of the hardware in the build?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" - Arthur C. Clarke
Just because it may seem like magic, I'm not a wizard, just a nerd. I am fallible. 

Use the quote button or @<username> to reply to people | Mark solved troubleshooting topics as such, selecting the correct answer, and follow them to get replies!

Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials Troubleshooting Section